Joe Biden got 5 Viet Nam Draft Deferments because of Asthma......while playing College Football.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
So, Crazy Joe dodged the draft with some trumped up (hehe) medical condition.

:oops8:

Spin away, Bidenistas.

Deferments, asthma kept Biden out of Vietnam

According to the documents, Biden, 65, received several deferments while he was an undergraduate at the University of Delaware and later as a law student at Syracuse University. A month after undergoing a physical exam in April 1968, Biden received a Selective Service classification of 1-Y, meaning he was available for service only in the event of national emergency.

"As a result of a physical exam on April 5, 1968, Joe Biden was classified 1-Y and disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager," said David Wade, a campaign spokesman.

He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1965 from the University of Delaware, with a double major in history and political science and a minor in English.[23][22]:98 Biden played halfback for the Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens freshman football team, and defensive back for the varsity team

Did he have asthma while he was playing ball at university?

If not, apparently, he developed asthma in the following years, prior to his Selective Service exam, yes?

Or maybe he had a mild case of asthma in school and it went sour on him while he was in law school?

I have no clue whether any of those possible 'innocent' explanations will bear a closer scrutiny, however...

On the other hand, we
know that Cadet Bone Spurs leaned hard on Daddy's money to buy a doctor to say that he had bad feet.... :auiqs.jpg:

--------------

Any way you look at it, college students were doing whatever they could to stay out of VietNam... an unpopular, lengthy, pointless, and thankless war.

Last edited:
You know, when I ran the Navy office at Amarillo MEPS, there were a couple of times where we had to disqualify someone who had asthma. And, sometimes, those people with asthma actually played sports.

While asthma (even very mild cases) will disqualify you from being in the military, there are some people who still play sports even in spite of it. Usually by using medication and an inhaler.

If you wanted to join the military and had asthma as a child, the requirement for you to be eligible to join the military is that it had to be diagnosed as childhood asthma, and a doctor had to certify that you had been asthma free for 3 or more years.

If not, apparently, he developed asthma in the following years, prior to his Selective Service exam, yes?

Or maybe he had a mild case of asthma in school and it went sour on him while he was in law school?

I have no clue whether any of those possible 'innocent' explanations will bear a closer scrutiny, however...

On the other hand, we
know that Cadet Bone Spurs leaned hard on Daddy's money to buy a doctor to say that he had bad feet.... :auiqs.jpg:

--------------

Any way you look at it, college students were doing whatever they could to stay out of VietNam... an unpopular, lengthy, pointless, and thankless war.
Bone spurs are easy to diagnose, I know, I have them on both feet. A simple X-Ray shows them. The Army does not accept anyone with bone spurs. Again I know, the second time I was on active duty in the late seventies, I had a fractured foot and the X-Ray showed a spur on the same foot. The civilian podiatrist the Army sent me to told me that even though it didn't bother me, if he reported it I would be medically discharged. Since he was a civilian, he felt his duty to me as his patient overrode his duty to report the condition to the Army against my wishes.

Spin away, Bidenistas.

According to the documents, Biden, 65, received several deferments while he was an undergraduate at the University of Delaware and later as a law student at Syracuse University. A month after undergoing a physical exam in April 1968, Biden received a Selective Service classification of 1-Y, meaning he was available for service only in the event of national emergency.

"As a result of a physical exam on April 5, 1968, Joe Biden was classified 1-Y and disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager," said David Wade, a campaign spokesman.

He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1965 from the University of Delaware, with a double major in history and political science and a minor in English.[23][22]:98 Biden played halfback for the Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens freshman football team, and defensive back for the varsity team

Nothing in your link jibes with you post (not surprising). Biden played HS Football, not college (you lied, not surprising).

"As a result of a physical exam on April 5, 1968, Joe Biden was classified 1-Y and disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager," said David Wade, a campaign spokesman...

In "Promises to Keep," a memoir that was published last year and became an instant best-seller after he was tapped as Obama's running mate, Biden never mentions his asthma, recounting an active childhood, work as a lifeguard and football exploits in high school.

The Obama campaign pointed to media interviews from 1987, when Biden was making his first bid for the presidency, that mention his asthma.

I wonder if you are a pathological liar such as is Trump, or you don't read the links you post and hope other do not. In any event, the reader needs to verify everything you post, most are at least half-truths, rumors or innuendos along with damn lies.

On the other hand, we

--------------

Is that the best bullshit spin you can come up with? Why even try? :itsok:

Spin away, Bidenistas.

Nothing in your link jibes with you post (not surprising). Biden played HS Football, not college (you lied, not surprising).

"As a result of a physical exam on April 5, 1968, Joe Biden was classified 1-Y and disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager," said David Wade, a campaign spokesman...

In "Promises to Keep," a memoir that was published last year and became an instant best-seller after he was tapped as Obama's running mate, Biden never mentions his asthma, recounting an active childhood, work as a lifeguard and football exploits in high school.

The Obama campaign pointed to media interviews from 1987, when Biden was making his first bid for the presidency, that mention his asthma.

I wonder if you are a pathological liar such as is Trump, or you don't read the links you post and hope other do not. In any event, the reader needs to verify everything you post, most are at least half-truths, rumors or innuendos along with damn lies.
Ask someone to teach you to read, you blithering idiot.

From my link:

He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1965 from the University of Delaware, with a double major in history and political science and a minor in English.[23][22]:98 Biden played halfback for the Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens freshman football team, and defensive back for the varsity team.[21

Spin away, Bidenistas.

Ask someone to teach you to read, you blithering idiot.

From my link:

He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1965 from the University of Delaware, with a double major in history and political science and a minor in English.[23][22]:98 Biden played halfback for the Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens freshman football team, and defensive back for the varsity team.[21

Again, it is possible for a person to play sports, even if they have asthma, usually in the form of a mild case.

Unfortunately, if you have asthma, even if it is a very mild case, that is enough to disqualify you from military service. If you had asthma, it has to be diagnosed as childhood asthma, and a doctor has to certify that you have been asthma free for at least 3 years prior to joining the military.

Spin away, Bidenistas.

Joe Biden when he was a college player:

SelfishOddAndeancondor-small.gif

You know, when I ran the Navy office at Amarillo MEPS, there were a couple of times where we had to disqualify someone who had asthma. And, sometimes, those people with asthma actually played sports.

While asthma (even very mild cases) will disqualify you from being in the military, there are some people who still play sports even in spite of it. Usually by using medication and an inhaler.

If you wanted to join the military and had asthma as a child, the requirement for you to be eligible to join the military is that it had to be diagnosed as childhood asthma, and a doctor had to certify that you had been asthma free for 3 or more years.

You are assuming that Sleepy Joe's claim of asthma was legitimate.

Let's see the man's pulmonary records. What kind of tests were supposedly performed? How much did Biden's wealthy father pay the pulmonologist for the deferment?

Let's see the man's pulmonary records. What kind of tests were supposedly performed? How much did Biden's wealthy father pay the pulmonologist for the deferment?

ANY asthma, no matter how mild a case it is, is automatic disqualification for service in the military. If a doctor said he had it, chances are he did, and based on the fact that he played football, I'm guessing it was a mild case. I've known several people over the years who had asthma, but still did sports and hiked up mountains. They had mild cases, but had to keep an inhaler handy.

Biden played college football? I would have never guess it

ANY asthma, no matter how mild a case it is, is automatic disqualification for service in the military. If a doctor said he had it, chances are he did, and based on the fact that he played football, I'm guessing it was a mild case. I've known several people over the years who had asthma, but still did sports and hiked up mountains. They had mild cases, but had to keep an inhaler handy.
Your spin is getting old.

Crazy Joe took 5 deferments.

You can be in the Military with asthma if you pass a PFT test. I'm guessing someone who plays college football could pass that.

Spin away, Bidenistas.

Spin away, Bidenistas.

He didn't dodge the draft...he registered. Got student deferments. At he age of 25 he got disqualified all together for asthma. So where do you get 'dodged the draft'?

Spin away, Bidenistas.

Spin away, Bidenistas.

He didn't dodge the draft...he registered. Got student deferments. At he age of 25 he got disqualified all together for asthma. So where do you get 'dodged the draft'?
The same place you clowns got that Trump "dodged the draft". Goose/Gander stuff, Idiot.

Forum List

Back