Jo Jorgensen for President

You’ve yet to articulate how voting for a unknown candidate is going change anything or be helpful in any sort of way, because you can’t, and if you were to attempt to do so you’d just be talking out of your ass.

Vote totals are recorded, and the parties look at them after an election. If a party loses by a slim margin, they're going to look at the votes that went to "third party" candidates and think - "gee, we could have won if they'd voted for us. How can we convince libertarians to vote for us? The 'lesser-of-two-evils' pitch doesn't seem to be working."

It gives them incentive to pursue policies that libertarians will find appealing. If we just give them our votes regardless, they have no such incentive.

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.

Why vote Jo Jorgensen over Rocky Balboa..they have the same odds to win?
Rocky isn't running, and so I do not know his platform. :lol:

A more apt question would be why don't I vote for Howie Hawkins. My answer to that would have been I don't like commies.

I have a fairly wide libertarian streak in me. So that's why I will vote for Jo.

I am a big fan of solar farms.
Same.

And it is such a clear and obvious thing to support. Like,the reasons why we aren't pouring resources into harnessing this energy source is a joke on the human race today. We have so much knowledge, and so little wisdom.
Nuclear power as well. Bombs? Cool. Cheap energy to live well? Whoah now, put on the brakes.
Mexico is in a temperate zone. They should build scores of solar farms and sell the electricity to the US. This could really turn their economy around.

Legalize drugs, no more narco terrorism. Build solar farms, make lots of money.
I read the pandemic's been hard on illegal dealers in states with legal weed. I miss weed, but I think fewer drugs rather than more is "more better" for me right now. LOL
The War on Drugs has not impacted consumption at all, but it has created cartels and narco terrorists. It's time to hoist the white flag before any more blood and treasure is lost.

I am a big fan of solar farms.
Same.

And it is such a clear and obvious thing to support. Like,the reasons why we aren't pouring resources into harnessing this energy source is a joke on the human race today. We have so much knowledge, and so little wisdom.
Nuclear power as well. Bombs? Cool. Cheap energy to live well? Whoah now, put on the brakes.
Mexico is in a temperate zone. They should build scores of solar farms and sell the electricity to the US. This could really turn their economy around.

Legalize drugs, no more narco terrorism. Build solar farms, make lots of money.
I read the pandemic's been hard on illegal dealers in states with legal weed. I miss weed, but I think fewer drugs rather than more is "more better" for me right now. LOL
The War on Drugs has not impacted consumption at all, but it has created cartels and narco terrorists. It's time to hoist the white flag before any more blood and treasure is lost.
Absolutely. It's a little heartening to see Mike Lee on the side of prison reform, btw. But I don't think drug laws were really racist. Race had an impact. But black grandmothers were voting to convict dealers down here in the 1990s with regularity. I thought Nancy Reagan was a hypocritical jerk, and I was stoned for a good 15 years without break, but down here by the 90s juries were just trying to keep their children from choosing pretty much the most upwardly mobile "profession" open to them.

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Instead, you vote for Jo. One less net vote for the major candidate you prefer.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

I REFUSE to send that message to the two major parties.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise
I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $23 trillion debt.

So how's that working for ya?

I’m not voting for neither candidate as well. I’m doing something productive on Election Day - I’m stay home and doing cores. If I had a good idea of who was the lesser of two evils that’s who I’d vote for, but I don’t. Voting third party won’t do a single thing to help promote positive change. The parties are what they are and there’s some good leadership there, unfortunately they’re just not on either ticket this go around.
yea where is that good leadership?....they must be staying home doing chores too....

There are plenty of good republicans holding office now and there were a few good republicans that ran against Trump. If you don’t mostly agree with the republican platform or democrat platform and will never vote for neither party that’s fine, just don’t tell me that voting for any of these candidates that no one has ever heard of will make any bit of difference in any way. It won’t. For the most part you’re arguing with reality and you’ve yet to articulate why your vote for a libertarian or any other jag-off is going to make one scintilla of a difference.
you voting for the same old shit is not going to make much of difference either....so how are we any different?....

It makes of more a difference than voting for third party. When you for vote for the candidate that is the lesser of 2 evils you get less of what you don’t want and some of what you want. There’s logic behind it. There’s literally nothing logical about voting for someone who most of the country doesn’t even know.
if you are getting the same old shit then it doesnt make a difference....of course unless you like the same old shit....and the lessor of 2 evils bullshit means the same thing....SAME OLD SHIT......

You’re just ranting. You’ve yet to articulate how voting for a unknown candidate is going change anything or be helpful in any sort of way, because you can’t, and if you were to attempt to do so you’d just be talking out of your ass.
yea im ranting, kind of like what you are doing too....so why dont you tell me how voting for the same old shit changes anything or is helpful in any sort of way...because you cant either and when you do you are just talking out your ass too.....because we can see how those you voted for have done very little to change anything....

Voting Trump is essentially voting third party. You know this though.
voting for trump is voting for a guy who like those before him cant unite anyone except those who agree with him....

You people really need to let go of this “UNITY” bullshit...This isn’t 1980....we are a nation too different on too many levels. You can’t force a lion to cuddle and be friendly with a gazelle...LET GO!
Remember, you begged for multiculturalism and diversity as politicians pushed the FEELZ narrative down your throat...they made you believe you had to embrace it and you felt so warm and fuzzy inside when you did...It’s time to accept and live with the result...They got their population and GDP and you got a FUCKED quality of life.
so just give up right?......

I sure would love to vote third party. Or write in Yang. But I live in a purple state, and therefore I have to vote directly against Trumpism.
That's not a real thing Mac. All you can do is vote FOR a candidate. Which one will you vote for?
The only way to vote against Trumpism is to vote for the person who has the best chance to beat him. That would be Biden, as distasteful as that will be.

If he wins, it will then be time to work on what has become of the Democratic party.

Biden stands for everything you ever advocate. Not seeing the problem you have doing what you want to do anyway

I sure would love to vote third party. Or write in Yang. But I live in a purple state, and therefore I have to vote directly against Trumpism.
That's not a real thing Mac. All you can do is vote FOR a candidate. Which one will you vote for?
The only way to vote against Trumpism is to vote for the person who has the best chance to beat him. That would be Biden, as distasteful as that will be.

If he wins, it will then be time to work on what has become of the Democratic party.

Biden stands for everything you ever advocate. Not seeing the problem you have doing what you want to do anyway
Actually he doesn't. But because you don't know my politics, you wouldn't know that.

“Against Trumpism” and in favor of what?
Which policies within the Dem platform have you all giddy?
My positions on the issues are in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.
Signatures don't show on mobile devices.
2. >>> For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/middle of the road/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: https://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/come-on-jake-man-up-just-this-once.590002/

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise
I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $23 trillion debt.

I’m not voting for neither candidate as well. I’m doing something productive on Election Day - I’m stay home and doing cores. If I had a good idea of who was the lesser of two evils that’s who I’d vote for, but I don’t. Voting third party won’t do a single thing to help promote positive change. The parties are what they are and there’s some good leadership there, unfortunately they’re just not on either ticket this go around.
yea where is that good leadership?....they must be staying home doing chores too....

There are plenty of good republicans holding office now and there were a few good republicans that ran against Trump. If you don’t mostly agree with the republican platform or democrat platform and will never vote for neither party that’s fine, just don’t tell me that voting for any of these candidates that no one has ever heard of will make any bit of difference in any way. It won’t. For the most part you’re arguing with reality and you’ve yet to articulate why your vote for a libertarian or any other jag-off is going to make one scintilla of a difference.
you voting for the same old shit is not going to make much of difference either....so how are we any different?....

It makes of more a difference than voting for third party. When you for vote for the candidate that is the lesser of 2 evils you get less of what you don’t want and some of what you want. There’s logic behind it. There’s literally nothing logical about voting for someone who most of the country doesn’t even know.
if you are getting the same old shit then it doesnt make a difference....of course unless you like the same old shit....and the lessor of 2 evils bullshit means the same thing....SAME OLD SHIT......

You’re just ranting. You’ve yet to articulate how voting for a unknown candidate is going change anything or be helpful in any sort of way, because you can’t, and if you were to attempt to do so you’d just be talking out of your ass.
yea im ranting, kind of like what you are doing too....so why dont you tell me how voting for the same old shit changes anything or is helpful in any sort of way...because you cant either and when you do you are just talking out your ass too.....because we can see how those you voted for have done very little to change anything....

voting for trump is voting for a guy who like those before him cant unite anyone except those who agree with him....

You people really need to let go of this “UNITY” bullshit...This isn’t 1980....we are a nation too different on too many levels. You can’t force a lion to cuddle and be friendly with a gazelle...LET GO!
Remember, you begged for multiculturalism and diversity as politicians pushed the FEELZ narrative down your throat...they made you believe you had to embrace it and you felt so warm and fuzzy inside when you did...It’s time to accept and live with the result...They got their population and GDP and you got a FUCKED quality of life.

YES
Give up on thinking that people with too many differences between them can become unified. It’s an ignorant expectation.

YES
Give up on thinking that people with too many differences between them can become unified. It’s an ignorant expectation.
the far right and the far left are the ones who cant live with anyone who dont think like they do.....

No, it's very much a real thing.

I also live in a purple state, I will also be voting against Trump.

Only in your head. All the world will know is who you vote for. Would that be Biden?
Here’s the thing: this is not the election year to engage in political experimentation and somewhere over the rainbow politics – the stakes are too high.

It’s imperative that the malignancy currently in the WH be voted out of office.

Voting for a candidate one neither approves of nor supports – indeed, voting against Trump – is perfectly appropriate, warranted, and valid.

No, it's very much a real thing.

I also live in a purple state, I will also be voting against Trump.

Only in your head. All the world will know is who you vote for. Would that be Biden?
Here’s the thing: this is not the election year to engage in political experimentation and somewhere over the rainbow politics – the stakes are too high.

It’s imperative that the malignancy currently in the WH be voted out of office.

Voting for a candidate one neither approves of nor supports – indeed, voting against Trump – is perfectly appropriate, warranted, and valid.
people like jones is one of the reasons this country is in the shape its in.....vote for someone you dont approve of or support just because i hate the guy in office even though,this person might be much worse....

people like jones is one of the reasons this country is in the shape its in.....vote for someone you dont approve of or support just because i hate the guy in office even though,this person might be much worse....
That makes zero sense on any level. Obviously he voted for the person he thinks is better...ANY candidate "could be much worse" than you thought.

Jo Jorgensen could turn out to be a Randian freak who thinks 70% of society are worthless parasites who should be happy they get scraps from the table. Oh wait, that's true.

Stop trying to blame voters for what is a systemic problem. The people making this worse are the people who think getting a third party candidate to 5% shines a spotlight on that candidate's ideas, when it actually teaches the rest of the political world those ideas can be summarily ignored and rewards the candidate they least prefer.

Know anyone like that? ;)

Last edited:
You almost gotta laugh that lefties can't bring themselves to the laughable suggestion to vote for Biden so they try to split the republican vote with support for a fake libertarian. Ho hum.

That makes zero sense on any level. Obviously he voted for the person he thinks is better...ANY candidate "could be much worse" than you thought.

Jo Jorgensen could turn out to be a Randian freak who thinks 70% of society are worthless parasites who should be happy they get scraps from the table. Oh wait, that's true.

Stop trying to blame voters for what is a systemic problem. The people making this worse are the people who think getting a third party candidate to 5% shines a spotlight on that candidate's ideas, when it actually teaches the rest of the political world those ideas can be summarily ignored and rewards the candidate they least prefer.

Know anyone like that? ;)
i blame the party people who dont give a shit about the crap they pick to run.....know anyone like that?..... ;)

i blame the party people who dont give a shit about the crap they pick to run..
Also a mistake. They pick the person they think can beat the only other person who could possibly win. Because of the system. That is the rational, correct thing to do, to win the election. If they want their ideas to have influence, they have to win elections.

It's a beauty pageant, now. And there are only ever two contestants.

i blame the party people who dont give a shit about the crap they pick to run..
Also a mistake. They pick the person they think can beat the only other person who could possibly win. Because of the system. That is the rational, correct thing to do, to win the election. If they want their ideas to have influence, they have to win elections.

It's a beauty pageant, now. And there are only ever two contestants.
all you are doing is making excuses for them.....if the people picked this century to run for president are the best they have then this country is in big trouble...go ahead make more excuses for them....

Forum List

Back