Jo Jorgensen for President

all you are doing is making excuses for them...
I am explaining it. An explanation is not an excuse. You are again becoming a bit detached from the mathematical reality of all this, I think. The system is what it is. Its mathematical realities are what they are, right now. You can say you don't care about them and "feel better" voting 3rd party, because that would not involve denial of this mathematical reality. Fine, don't care. That's not very rational, though.

all you are doing is making excuses for them...
I am explaining it. An explanation is not an excuse. You are again becoming a bit detached from the mathematical reality of all this, I think. The system is what it is. Its mathematical realities are what they are, right now. You can say you don't care about them and "feel better" voting 3rd party, because that would not involve denial of this mathematical reality. Fine, don't care. That's not very rational, though.
voting for someone you think sucks because you think the other guy sucks more is not very rational either....maybe people who have your mindset should start demanding your party put up someone who doesnt suck instead of just accepting the shit they give you....

voting for someone you think sucks because you think the other guy sucks more is not very rational either..
Of course it is, when only one of them is going to win. It is irrational to do anything else, for all the reasons I have stated. Vote for Jo or stay home... the net result is a vote for the major candidate you least prefer. This is a mathematical reality you are not going to talk your way out of. Feel free to say you don't care... but you aren't getting around this one. So man up and admit you don't care that your special vote is really a net vote for the major candidate you least prefer, and is done so that you can feel good about yourself.

Goldwater didn't care who you slept with, or if you got an abortion really,
Right, he just didn't mind if you had a "no ni88ers allowed" sign on the front of your business.
Lie.
Better check that, son. You apparently need to read up a bit.
No, you're wrong.

And if I was your son, I'd hang myself.
I understand. You would rather be ignorant and wrong and think you are right than learn something. Because you are an embarrassing moron.

Right, he just didn't mind if you had a "no ni88ers allowed" sign on the front of your business.
Lie.
No, you're wrong.

I understand. You would rather be ignorant and wrong and think you are right than learn something. Because you are an embarrassing moron.
You're adorable.

Completely wrong and dumb as rat shit, but adorable.

Lie.
No, you're wrong.

You're adorable.

Completely wrong and dumb as rat shit, but adorable.
And the tantrum continues.

yes, you could (probably do, actually) have had a "no ni88ers allowed" sign on your business, and Goldwater would be fine with it.

More of the tired scare tactics?
This seems to be the only retort you can muster. Surely you understand this is not compelling, in the face of mathematical fact.
Hmmm... guess you missed my other posts in this thread. Or, maybe, just maybe, you're full of shit.
No, they contained no deeper content. None. You have no counterargument to a mathematical reality. That's kind of what a mathematical reality is.

Now, you can say that you don't care about the mathematical reality. That's your right. But you cant wish it away by calling it names.

The mathematical reality is that, as long as people keep falling for your sales pitch, and keeping voting for bad candidates, on purpose - we're going to elect bad leaders. Maybe, instead of trying to con everyone, the majors could just try nominating good candidates instead? Crazy, huh?

Who gets to decide if they are good?

that we should limit ourselves to only voting for D and R candidates in the meantime.
Then no, you aren't understanding. I am saying you ARE voting for them in the meantime, whether you want to or not. That is the nature of a binary choice and a vote tally. Try as you might, you are not going to talk your way out of this mathematical fact. The game is rigged, and you are playing even if you refuse to play.

This is literally the only subject that I have ever witnessed you be correct about.
Congrats.

You are incorrect on the math though
It doesn't give your least favorite a vote, it simply means 1 less vote that they need to have a majority.

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Instead, you vote for Jo. One less net vote for the major candidate you prefer.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

I REFUSE to send that message to the two major parties.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise
I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $26 trillion debt. A downward spiral to perdition.

So how's that working for ya?

Fuck all that.

I laugh at the idea of you and integrity.
No
Nope
No.

Wash rinse repeat. Seriously, you're advocating voting for a candidate who you don't believe is a the best candidate - or even a good one - because someone else is worse.
Because only one of them is going to be the next president.

You protest voters always conveniently leave this out when trying to chastise people on a moral level. We are being adults who don't think the presidential election is about feeling good about ourselves. So your argument misses the mark by about a light year.

View attachment 373328

Because we have a binary system.

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Instead, you vote for Jo. One less net vote for the major candidate you prefer.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

I REFUSE to send that message to the two major parties.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise
I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $23 trillion debt.

So how's that working for ya?

I’m not voting for neither candidate as well. I’m doing something productive on Election Day - I’m stay home and doing cores. If I had a good idea of who was the lesser of two evils that’s who I’d vote for, but I don’t. Voting third party won’t do a single thing to help promote positive change. The parties are what they are and there’s some good leadership there, unfortunately they’re just not on either ticket this go around.
yea where is that good leadership?....they must be staying home doing chores too....

Who gets to decide who is and who is not a good leader?

Wash rinse repeat. Seriously, you're advocating voting for a candidate who you don't believe is a the best candidate - or even a good one - because someone else is worse.
Because only one of them is going to be the next president.

You protest voters always conveniently leave this out when trying to chastise people on a moral level. We are being adults who don't think the presidential election is about feeling good about ourselves. So your argument misses the mark by about a light year.

View attachment 373328

Because we have a binary system.
I hate the binary system.

Forum List

Back