Jo Jorgensen for President

Wash rinse repeat. Seriously, you're advocating voting for a candidate who you don't believe is a the best candidate - or even a good one - because someone else is worse.
Because only one of them is going to be the next president.

You protest voters always conveniently leave this out when trying to chastise people on a moral level. We are being adults who don't think the presidential election is about feeling good about ourselves. So your argument misses the mark by about a light year.

View attachment 373328

Because we have a binary system.
I hate the binary system.

Other countries have other systems.
Just saying.

Wash rinse repeat. Seriously, you're advocating voting for a candidate who you don't believe is a the best candidate - or even a good one - because someone else is worse.

You protest voters always conveniently leave this out when trying to chastise people on a moral level. We are being adults who don't think the presidential election is about feeling good about ourselves. So your argument misses the mark by about a light year.

View attachment 373328

Just saying.
Letting the duopoly rule forever seems to work well.

In

View attachment 373328

You should look up the definition of binary since you don’t know what it means

that we should limit ourselves to only voting for D and R candidates in the meantime.
Then no, you aren't understanding. I am saying you ARE voting for them in the meantime, whether you want to or not. That is the nature of a binary choice and a vote tally. Try as you might, you are not going to talk your way out of this mathematical fact. The game is rigged, and you are playing even if you refuse to play.

This is literally the only subject that I have ever witnessed you be correct about.
Congrats.

You are incorrect on the math though
It doesn't give your least favorite a vote, it simply means 1 less vote that they need to have a majority.
Stay home or vote for Jo... the result is the same.

View attachment 373328

That's merely a presumption. A self-fulfilling prophecy, usually. But it doesn't have to be.

It's been observed that both parties have become more and more complacent in their privileged positions. They don't work hard to attract voters because - as Bill Clinton put it, the voters "have nowhere to go". They assume (because everyone else assumes) that they are the rightful owners of all voters who "lean" their way.

You can hear it in their language. In Michelle Obama's speech at the DNC, she went out of her way to shame third party voters: "... this is not the time to withhold our votes in protest or play games with candidates who have no chance of winning." She thinks anyone who doesn't like Trump owes the Dems their vote, and if they don't put out they are "withholding" or "playing games".

That complacency leads to less and less effort by the major parties to actually find attractive candidates and propose popular platforms. It gets worse every election cycle. And we just keep putting up with it. At some point, it'll either get so bad we're living in a failed state, or voters will wake up and quit falling for it.

Last edited:

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.
Better Libertarian winning than Biden.

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.
You haven’t said what you disagree with

View attachment 373328

Just saying.
Letting the duopoly rule forever seems to work well.

It has, so far.

In

View attachment 373328

You should look up the definition of binary since you don’t know what it means

But I do.

voting for someone you think sucks because you think the other guy sucks more is not very rational either..
Of course it is, when only one of them is going to win. It is irrational to do anything else, for all the reasons I have stated. Vote for Jo or stay home... the net result is a vote for the major candidate you least prefer. This is a mathematical reality you are not going to talk your way out of. Feel free to say you don't care... but you aren't getting around this one. So man up and admit you don't care that your special vote is really a net vote for the major candidate you least prefer, and is done so that you can feel good about yourself.
why dont you man up and admit that your special little vote does nothing but keep the same old shit in power and is done so you can feel like a real party person....

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Instead, you vote for Jo. One less net vote for the major candidate you prefer.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

I REFUSE to send that message to the two major parties.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise
I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $23 trillion debt.

So how's that working for ya?

I’m not voting for neither candidate as well. I’m doing something productive on Election Day - I’m stay home and doing cores. If I had a good idea of who was the lesser of two evils that’s who I’d vote for, but I don’t. Voting third party won’t do a single thing to help promote positive change. The parties are what they are and there’s some good leadership there, unfortunately they’re just not on either ticket this go around.
yea where is that good leadership?....they must be staying home doing chores too....

Who gets to decide who is and who is not a good leader?
gee i guess it must be what someone thinks about someone.....your great leader might be someone i laugh at....

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise
I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $23 trillion debt.

I’m not voting for neither candidate as well. I’m doing something productive on Election Day - I’m stay home and doing cores. If I had a good idea of who was the lesser of two evils that’s who I’d vote for, but I don’t. Voting third party won’t do a single thing to help promote positive change. The parties are what they are and there’s some good leadership there, unfortunately they’re just not on either ticket this go around.
yea where is that good leadership?....they must be staying home doing chores too....

gee i guess it must be what someone thinks about someone.....your great leader might be someone i laugh at....

Who?

Who?
Dr. Who?....

Vote for Jo or stay home... the net result is a vote for the major candidate you least prefer. This is a mathematical reality you are not going to talk your way out of. Feel free to say you don't care... but you aren't getting around this one. So man up and admit you don't care that your special vote is really a net vote for the major candidate you least prefer, and is done so that you can feel good about yourself.

OK... you keep using this word "mathematical", I don't think it means what you think it means. I've seen no math. Just a presumption (that only a D or an R can win) and an irrational claim (that voting for anyone other than a D or an R is the really a vote for the D or R you like least). The presumption, is a presumption. When people wake up and stop falling for your con, the presumption will fail.

As for the irrational claim, let me make it plain for you: If voting third party is the same as voting for Trump - then it would make no difference if I changed my vote for Jorgensen to a vote for Trump, right? But of course there is a difference. If I vote for Trump, he adds one to his tally. If I vote Libertarian, he doesn't. I bet even you can see the difference now, eh? It's a difference of one vote. That's "mathematical reality"

Who?
Dr. Who?....

Who?
Who decides?

Who?
Dr. Who?....

Who?
Who decides?
already answered you.....

Who?
Dr. Who?....

Who?
Who decides?
already answered you.....

Nope

And the tantrum continues.

yes, you could (probably do, actually) have had a "no ni88ers allowed" sign on your business, and Goldwater would be fine with it.

Boy...you are the one having the temper tantrum.

And no, the man who desegregated the Arizona National Guard would not be fine with it. You just aren't bright enough to understand why.

Forum List

Back