Jo Jorgensen for President

I sure would love to vote third party. Or write in Yang. But I live in a purple state, and therefore I have to vote directly against Trumpism.

“Against Trumpism” and in favor of what?
Which policies within the Dem platform have you all giddy?

I sure would love to vote third party. Or write in Yang. But I live in a purple state, and therefore I have to vote directly against Trumpism.

My positions on the issues are in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.

Why vote Jo Jorgensen over Rocky Balboa..they have the same odds to win?

if you are getting the same old shit then it doesnt make a difference....of course unless you like the same old shit....and the lessor of 2 evils bullshit means the same thing....SAME OLD SHIT......

SAME OLD SHIT - is a best-case scenario. More likely it gets worse.
and even if it does, the party people will just vote for more of that shit....
I can't agree. I like to think it's not because I'm old, and it really isn't, but if I wasn't old … I might not notice it. The gop changed a lot from 1964 to today. Goldwater didn't care who you slept with, or if you got an abortion really, but he didn't like deficit spending or committing US troops without a clear reason and desired outcome.

But Does anyone really think Miss and Ala will popularly agree to end soc sec and medicare?

The Mike Mularkey and Scalise's raised the taxes on the wealthier Dem states. I can guess what the response will be: when a dem is elected and controls both houses, they're going to cut federal spending on medicaid and special education and military bases to rural states.

Abortion? Hopefully it will just become a question between women and her online pharmacy.

The "QUESTION" is really about immigration. And Goldwater and Reagan really had little complaint about Mexican labor.

I am a big fan of solar farms.
Same.

And it is such a clear and obvious thing to support. Like,the reasons why we aren't pouring resources into harnessing this energy source is a joke on the human race today. We have so much knowledge, and so little wisdom.
Nuclear power as well. Bombs? Cool. Cheap energy to live well? Whoah now, put on the brakes.
Mexico is in a temperate zone. They should build scores of solar farms and sell the electricity to the US. This could really turn their economy around.

Legalize drugs, no more narco terrorism. Build solar farms, make lots of money.
I read the pandemic's been hard on illegal dealers in states with legal weed. I miss weed, but I think fewer drugs rather than more is "more better" for me right now. LOL

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Instead, you vote for Jo. One less net vote for the major candidate you prefer.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

I REFUSE to send that message to the two major parties.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise
I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $23 trillion debt.

So how's that working for ya?

I’m not voting for neither candidate as well. I’m doing something productive on Election Day - I’m stay home and doing cores. If I had a good idea of who was the lesser of two evils that’s who I’d vote for, but I don’t. Voting third party won’t do a single thing to help promote positive change. The parties are what they are and there’s some good leadership there, unfortunately they’re just not on either ticket this go around.
yea where is that good leadership?....they must be staying home doing chores too....

There are plenty of good republicans holding office now and there were a few good republicans that ran against Trump. If you don’t mostly agree with the republican platform or democrat platform and will never vote for neither party that’s fine, just don’t tell me that voting for any of these candidates that no one has ever heard of will make any bit of difference in any way. It won’t. For the most part you’re arguing with reality and you’ve yet to articulate why your vote for a libertarian or any other jag-off is going to make one scintilla of a difference.
you voting for the same old shit is not going to make much of difference either....so how are we any different?....

It makes of more a difference than voting for third party. When you for vote for the candidate that is the lesser of 2 evils you get less of what you don’t want and some of what you want. There’s logic behind it. There’s literally nothing logical about voting for someone who most of the country doesn’t even know.
if you are getting the same old shit then it doesnt make a difference....of course unless you like the same old shit....and the lessor of 2 evils bullshit means the same thing....SAME OLD SHIT......

You’re just ranting. You’ve yet to articulate how voting for a unknown candidate is going change anything or be helpful in any sort of way, because you can’t, and if you were to attempt to do so you’d just be talking out of your ass.

That's not a real thing Mac. All you can do is vote FOR a candidate. Which one will you vote for?
No, it's very much a real thing.

I also live in a purple state, I will also be voting against Trump.

My positions on the issues are in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

The issues listed in the link are simply narrative driving talking points intended to make you believe the duopoly is separated on said issues.
Neither do shit about abortion
Neither do shit about healthcare
Neither do shit about immigration
Neither do shit about taxes
Neither do shit about spending

Both parties simply pretend they intend to do something on those issues knowing you get all giddy when they TALK about what they’ll never do.

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise
I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $23 trillion debt.

I’m not voting for neither candidate as well. I’m doing something productive on Election Day - I’m stay home and doing cores. If I had a good idea of who was the lesser of two evils that’s who I’d vote for, but I don’t. Voting third party won’t do a single thing to help promote positive change. The parties are what they are and there’s some good leadership there, unfortunately they’re just not on either ticket this go around.
yea where is that good leadership?....they must be staying home doing chores too....

There are plenty of good republicans holding office now and there were a few good republicans that ran against Trump. If you don’t mostly agree with the republican platform or democrat platform and will never vote for neither party that’s fine, just don’t tell me that voting for any of these candidates that no one has ever heard of will make any bit of difference in any way. It won’t. For the most part you’re arguing with reality and you’ve yet to articulate why your vote for a libertarian or any other jag-off is going to make one scintilla of a difference.
you voting for the same old shit is not going to make much of difference either....so how are we any different?....

It makes of more a difference than voting for third party. When you for vote for the candidate that is the lesser of 2 evils you get less of what you don’t want and some of what you want. There’s logic behind it. There’s literally nothing logical about voting for someone who most of the country doesn’t even know.

You’re just ranting. You’ve yet to articulate how voting for a unknown candidate is going change anything or be helpful in any sort of way, because you can’t, and if you were to attempt to do so you’d just be talking out of your ass.
yea im ranting, kind of like what you are doing too....so why dont you tell me how voting for the same old shit changes anything or is helpful in any sort of way...because you cant either and when you do you are just talking out your ass too.....because we can see how those you voted for have done very little to change anything....

yea im ranting, kind of like what you are doing too....so why dont you tell me how voting for the same old shit changes anything or is helpful in any sort of way...because you cant either and when you do you are just talking out your ass too.....because we can see how those you voted for have done very little to change anything....

Voting Trump is essentially voting third party. You know this though.

I’ve already explained the logic behind voting for the lesser of 2 evils. You haven’t explained anything. All you keep saying is the lesser of two evils is still evil. That’s great, but those are our choices and you have to make the best choice you can make. Has any obscure candidate you voted for in the past few elections made any difference. If so how?

The issues listed in the link are simply narrative driving talking points intended to make you believe the duopoly is separated on said issues.

Both parties simply pretend they intend to do something on those issues knowing you get all giddy when they TALK about what they’ll never do.
dam loser i agree with you....both parties want you to think they are on top of things but they are in reality just going through the motions....

That's not a real thing Mac. All you can do is vote FOR a candidate. Which one will you vote for?
The only way to vote against Trumpism is to vote for the person who has the best chance to beat him. That would be Biden, as distasteful as that will be.

If he wins, it will then be time to work on what has become of the Democratic party.

Wash rinse repeat. Seriously, you're advocating voting for a candidate who you don't believe is a the best candidate - or even a good one - because someone else is worse. How did we get to a place where most voters are voting, on purpose, for a bad candidate? How do we expect that kind of idiocy to produce anything but bad results?

Someone once said that if you don't see a candidate on the ballot you can vote for, pick the one you like the least and vote candidate most likely to defeat them. It's sounds reasonable. But the idea is poison, and it's destroying democracy. If you really love you country, find a candidate you can vote for, and do so. Or write someone in. But for fuck's sake don't vote for a bad candidate purpose!
I've never seen anything like what is happening right now. Trumpism is ugly and dangerous, and I have no choice.

“Trumpism is ugly”
But free shit for Mexico’s filth is not
Encouraging lawlessness is not
Hate whitey is not
Hate Americas history and the American Way is not
Higher taxes is not
Men in dresses shitting next to little girls is not

I’ve already explained the logic behind voting for the lesser of 2 evils. You haven’t explained anything. All you keep saying is the lesser of two evils is still evil. That’s great, but those are our choices and you have to make the best choice you can make. Has any obscure candidate you voted for in the past few elections made any difference. If so how?
it doesnt matter rocko...what the hell have the people you voted for done that was so great?...the country is getting worse every year....you hate democrats they hate you .... trump has the same relationship...how is that making things better?...the gap between the people was wide under clinton....got wider under bush....even wider under obama and getting even wider under trump....how has the same old shit that you party people vote for done this country any good?...

voting for trump is voting for a guy who like those before him cant unite anyone except those who agree with him....

No, it's very much a real thing.

I also live in a purple state, I will also be voting against Trump.

Only in your head. All the world will know is who you vote for. Would that be Biden?

Well, this is funny, coming from the end of the spectrum that is convinced that Donald Trump is the only thing standing between us and communism 'n stuff.

But, just for fun, let's go ahead and stipulate to all of that. Let's just say that's true.

In addition to the actual issues, I have to vote against Trumpism, not just Trump. The arrogant, paranoid, bigoted ignorance that is such a stain on this country's history, and the anger and unrest and instability and embarrassment it has caused.

So, take your pick. One, the other, or both. I don't care.

voting for trump is voting for a guy who like those before him cant unite anyone except those who agree with him....

You people really need to let go of this “UNITY” bullshit...This isn’t 1980....we are a nation too different on too many levels. You can’t force a lion to cuddle and be friendly with a gazelle...LET GO!
Remember, you begged for multiculturalism and diversity as politicians pushed the FEELZ narrative down your throat...they made you believe you had to embrace it and you felt so warm and fuzzy inside when you did...It’s time to accept and live with the result...They got their population and GDP and you got a FUCKED quality of life.

Forum List

Back