Jo Jorgensen for President

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Instead, you vote for Jo. One less net vote for the major candidate you prefer.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

I REFUSE to send that message to the two major parties.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise
I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $23 trillion debt.

So how's that working for ya?

I’m not voting for neither candidate as well. I’m doing something productive on Election Day - I’m stay home and doing cores. If I had a good idea of who was the lesser of two evils that’s who I’d vote for, but I don’t. Voting third party won’t do a single thing to help promote positive change. The parties are what they are and there’s some good leadership there, unfortunately they’re just not on either ticket this go around.
*sigh*

Have you learned nothing from this thread

You really can't think of even the most razor-thin margin for why you would prefer one of the two people who are going to be the next President?

Really? Nothing at all?

I am a big fan of solar farms.
Same.

And it is such a clear and obvious thing to support. Like,the reasons why we aren't pouring resources into harnessing this energy source is a joke on the human race today. We have so much knowledge, and so little wisdom.
Nuclear power as well. Bombs? Cool. Cheap energy to live well? Whoah now, put on the brakes.

we can argue about this all day fort.
You can argue about it for eternity, and the mathematical reality of this will remain. You aren't going to talk your way out of it. It's not your fault. It is the result of a binary choice combined with a tally. You are in a rigged game, and you are playing it whether you want to play it or not.

"Evil"

Woah there, Shaman, slow down on the moon juice..
what moon juice?.....how many times have we seen right here in this forum from both sides about the "lessor" of 2 evils shit?...rocko just said it above....
And I told him I hated that saying. It's simple.
you might hate it and i might hate it but how many people vote that way?...and that is pretty pathetic....

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise
and as long as people have your attitude the 2 parties will never change and will just keep on doing the same shit they have been doing for years.....not much ....

I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $23 trillion debt.

I’m not voting for neither candidate as well. I’m doing something productive on Election Day - I’m stay home and doing cores. If I had a good idea of who was the lesser of two evils that’s who I’d vote for, but I don’t. Voting third party won’t do a single thing to help promote positive change. The parties are what they are and there’s some good leadership there, unfortunately they’re just not on either ticket this go around.
yea where is that good leadership?....they must be staying home doing chores too....

*sigh*

You really can't think of even the most razor-thin margin for why you would prefer one of the two people who are going to be the next President?

Really? Nothing at all?
i cant think of any reason......if you vote biden you are voting for whatever loser he picks for VP so why vote for him?.......and trump is a chump who only knows how to talk to those who either kiss his ass or suck his dick.....i aint doing either of those....

*sigh*

Really? Nothing at all?

And by "learned nothing" you mean he didn't fall for your sales pitch, eh?

Neither did I. I'm not voting for a bad candidate. Period.

That's very honorable of you. However, sadly, your vote or nonvote (voting for Jo or just staying home) each have the same result, in the end: a net vote for the scumbag you hate more.

Ironic, eh?

Listen, you're not having much luck with that line here - but take solace. At the voting booth, most of the rubes will for it. You'll get your way. We'll elect another bad candidate everything will be peaches and cream!

yea where is that good leadership?....they must be staying home doing chores too....

There are plenty of good republicans holding office now and there were a few good republicans that ran against Trump. If you don’t mostly agree with the republican platform or democrat platform and will never vote for neither party that’s fine, just don’t tell me that voting for any of these candidates that no one has ever heard of will make any bit of difference in any way. It won’t. For the most part you’re arguing with reality and you’ve yet to articulate why your vote for a libertarian or any other jag-off is going to make one scintilla of a difference.

.. just don’t tell me that voting for any of these candidates that no one has ever heard of will make any bit of difference in any way. It won’t.
Yeah, I don't buy that. Everything we do makes a difference.

I guess maybe you're looking at it from the very narrow perspective of 'will it change the outcome of THIS election?'. Probably not. But by that reasoning most votes won't make a difference.

There are plenty of good republicans holding office now and there were a few good republicans that ran against Trump. If you don’t mostly agree with the republican platform or democrat platform and will never vote for neither party that’s fine, just don’t tell me that voting for any of these candidates that no one has ever heard of will make any bit of difference in any way. It won’t. For the most part you’re arguing with reality and you’ve yet to articulate why your vote for a libertarian or any other jag-off is going to make one scintilla of a difference.
you voting for the same old shit is not going to make much of difference either....so how are we any different?....

you voting for the same old shit is not going to make much of difference either....so how are we any different?....

It makes of more a difference than voting for third party. When you for vote for the candidate that is the lesser of 2 evils you get less of what you don’t want and some of what you want. There’s logic behind it. There’s literally nothing logical about voting for someone who most of the country doesn’t even know.

Wash rinse repeat. Seriously, you're advocating voting for a candidate who you don't believe is a the best candidate - or even a good one - because someone else is worse.
Because only one of them is going to be the next president.

You protest voters always conveniently leave this out when trying to chastise people on a moral level. We are being adults who don't think the presidential election is about feeling good about ourselves. So your argument misses the mark by about a light year.

why-cant-a-3rd-cuz-no-ones-gonna-why-wont-3174323.png

It makes of more a difference than voting for third party. When you for vote for the candidate that is the lesser of 2 evils you get less of what you don’t want and some of what you want. There’s logic behind it. There’s literally nothing logical about voting for someone who most of the country doesn’t even know.
if you are getting the same old shit then it doesnt make a difference....of course unless you like the same old shit....and the lessor of 2 evils bullshit means the same thing....SAME OLD SHIT......

if you are getting the same old shit then it doesnt make a difference....of course unless you like the same old shit....and the lessor of 2 evils bullshit means the same thing....SAME OLD SHIT......

SAME OLD SHIT - is a best-case scenario. More likely it gets worse.

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.
I did that last time. I couldn't see a "lesser evil" choice between the two. If you are a traditional republican - who fits somewhere in the political continuum from Goldwater to Rockefeller or Reagan to Kasich, it's a wasted vote. We need a center right party. And we won't have one until the party of Trump loses an election.

SAME OLD SHIT - is a best-case scenario. More likely it gets worse.
and even if it does, the party people will just vote for more of that shit....

I am a big fan of solar farms.
Same.

And it is such a clear and obvious thing to support. Like,the reasons why we aren't pouring resources into harnessing this energy source is a joke on the human race today. We have so much knowledge, and so little wisdom.
Nuclear power as well. Bombs? Cool. Cheap energy to live well? Whoah now, put on the brakes.
Mexico is in a temperate zone. They should build scores of solar farms and sell the electricity to the US. This could really turn their economy around.

Legalize drugs, no more narco terrorism. Build solar farms, make lots of money.

My one vote makes no difference for ANY candidate.

But collectively, voting for a third candidate can swing an election. Just ask Bush 41 about Ross Perot.

Here is what you and Fort Fun Indiana are not getting: When you vote for the lesser of two EVILS, you are still voting for EVIL.

And that is how we got Bush, Obama, and Trump.

How's that working for you?

Forum List

Back