Jo Jorgensen for President

If you put a gun to my head and demanded I pick either Trump or Biden, I would say, "Pull the trigger."
That's a ridiculous lie. If you cant state a reason why you would prefer the presidency of one over the other by even 0.0000001%, then you are either very dishonest or very lazy.

g5000 let me help. Or you can tell me to fuck off, that's fine, too.

Question 1: what would you like to see happen to the EPA?

a) strengthened
b) castrated or abolished

a) strengthened
The temptation to tell someone to fuck off is almost overwhelming...:D

You have presented a false dichotomy.

c) Reformed

a) strengthened

c) Reformed
Ha, that's a copout if i ever saw one. No, sorry. Stronger, or weaker. Don't get lazy.

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Instead, you vote for Jo. One less net vote for the major candidate you prefer.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

I REFUSE to send that message to the two major parties.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise

but it’s a pointless exercise
And even self-harming, not just for the reasons I stated (effectively casting a vote for your least preferred candidate), but for the larger causes of a lot of those ideas that we all do agree with (Bernie Sanders says, I hear ya). When a candidate gets 5%, the political world looks at that and says, "In the interest of efficiency and expedience, we can ignore those ideas completely." And so they do. Legalized marijuana? Not even on the radar of the two major parties right now. You can see this effect right now from past elections. It's not a guess.

a) strengthened

c) Reformed
Ha, that's a copout if i ever saw one. No, sorry. Stronger, or weaker. Don't get lazy.
Again, false dichotomy. Please take a course in Logic.

if i vote for say this jo lady her vote total goes up 1.....biden and trump stay the same....how did i help one of them?....
By not adding a vote to the tally of the opponent of the major candidate you least prefer. This is a result of the ironclad fact that one of the two major candidates is going to win.

So, let's say you least prefer Biden. You vote for Jo. Biden gets 99 votes, and so does Trump. If you had voted for the one of the major two candidates you prefer (in this case, trump), you would have given trump a one vote edge. 100 to 99.

Again, this is a simple, mathematical reality that arises from the fact that one of the major two candidates is going to win.
As I keep saying, when you vote for someone you are telling them they are doing a great job.

Also, if enough people vote third party, they make the election closer, which means the winner cannot claim a mandate.
There’s no way you believe that. Whenever a politician squeaks out a victory by the slimmest of margins they claim its a mandate on their agenda. Come on man, there’s no sensible reason to vote third party. If it makes you feel better do it, but it’s a pointless exercise
I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $26 trillion debt. A downward spiral to perdition.

So how's that working for ya?

Fuck all that.

a) strengthened

c) Reformed
Again, false dichotomy. Please take a course in Logic.
I know what a false dichotomy is. I am saying it is not a false dichotomy. It is the choice, and it is very real. Search your own answers on how it would be reformed, and answer. And don't get too detailed, because, remember: you are only checking which major candidate more aligns with what you want to happen. Or you could just say which. This won't be admissible in court.

I have integrity. Therefore I refuse to vote for either scumbag just because I hate the other scumbag more.
That's very honorable of you. However, sadly, your vote or nonvote (voting for Jo or just staying home) each have the same result, in the end: a net vote for the scumbag you hate more.

Ironic, eh?

This "lesser of two evils" horseshit has given us Bush, Obama, and Trump and a $23 trillion debt.

So how's that working for ya?

I’m not voting for neither candidate as well. I’m doing something productive on Election Day - I’m stay home and doing cores. If I had a good idea of who was the lesser of two evils that’s who I’d vote for, but I don’t. Voting third party won’t do a single thing to help promote positive change. The parties are what they are and there’s some good leadership there, unfortunately they’re just not on either ticket this go around.

We are six pages into this topic and we have not even begun to discuss Jorgensen's beliefs and political goals.

Let's start with Social Security reform: Social Security - Jo Jorgensen for President

As President, I would work to implement a solution like the Cato Institute’s “6.2% solution”, which would allow any American the opportunity to “opt out” of the current system while making the current system fiscally stable for those who choose to remain.”

Here is Cato Institute's page for the 6.2 percent solution: Cato's 6.2 Percent Solution.

Individuals would be able to privately invest 6.2 percentage points of their payroll tax through individual accounts. Those who choose to do so will forfeit all future accrual of Social Security benefits.

<snip>

The Social Security Administration has scored Cato’s plan as restoring Social Security to permanent sustainable balance.

Remember I said the LP would shrink our military down to the size of a cub scout troop?

Yeah...

Jo Jorgensen on our military defense posture: Neutrality and Peace - Jo Jorgensen for President

“Turn America into One Giant Switzerland: Armed and Neutral – with the military force to defend America’s shores and soil against any foreign attackers or invaders. Protected by an armed citizenry and by a military laser-focused on defending America. No US involvement in foreign wars. Bring home our 200,000+ American military personnel stationed in foreign countries. No US military aid to foreign governments. No US blockades or embargoes of non-military trade. Peace.”

Read more here: Definition - Neutrality and Peace - Jo Jorgensen for President

Jo Jorgensen on government spending: Government Spending, Deficits, and Debt - Jo Jorgensen for President

“As President, I will use my Constitutional authority to block any new borrowing. I will veto any spending bill that would lead to a deficit, and veto any debt ceiling increase. I will give every Cabinet secretary a specific spending reduction target to meet and hold them accountable. There is simply no excuse for sticking our children and grandchildren with the bill for these bipartisan bloated budgets.”

:yes_text12:

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.

Who?:dunno:

“I am appalled that the United States ranks number one in the world for having the highest percentage of people imprisoned. I am also appalled that the federal government permits police to seize a person’s assets without first convicting them of a crime, and then keep most of the assets seized. This is literally highway robbery. As President, I will use my Constitutional authority to end federal civil asset forfeiture prior to conviction, and pardon persons convicted of non-violent victimless crimes. I will also work with Congress to end the failed War on Drugs and other victimless crime laws.”

:clap2:

“I will work to remove government barriers to replacing coal-burning and oil-burning power plants in the United States with safe, non-polluting, high-tech nuclear power plants – and allowing off-grid use of solar power. Worldwide, I believe we need to consider all scientific & economic knowledge to care for our environment, not cherry-pick data to support a pre-determined outcome. Most pollution is generated in developing countries, so reducing pollution worldwide requires cost-efficient zero emission energy sources like nuclear.”

I am a big fan of solar farms.

solar-farm.jpg

“The freedom to trade and travel are fundamental to human liberty. As American citizens, we should be free to travel anywhere we choose, and to buy and sell anywhere in the world. As President, I will use my Constitutional authority to eliminate trade barriers & tariffs, and work to repeal arbitrary quotas on the number of people who can legally enter the United States to work, visit, or reside. “

Libertarians have always believed in open borders.

Like all Libertarians, Jo Jorgensen wants to abolish the Federal Reserve, and allow people to mint their own money. She believes there should be competition between all the entities that would create these monies.

I guess she is unaware that we already tried that, and it was a disaster. If you spend two minutes thinking about it, you will probably understand why it was, and would be, a disaster.

Ending the Fed is the greatest obsession of every Libertarian.

Eventually, I’d like to see the Fed abolished. Because through the Federal Reserve we get money created out of thin air, which is basically the equivalent of counterfeit money.

Pop quiz: Can any of you see the lie of omission Jorgensen was committing in the last sentence?

So a number of people say that they want to back USD with gold. That would be a step in the right direction, but that is not enough. We have competition in cars, competition with computers, and competitive grocery stores. Why not have competition with money? So the people have access to something that is more planned and a monetary system they can better predict. Right now what we have is money that’s created under the whims of Congress and the Federal Reserve Chair.

I would act in support of a free market in currencies. Some people say that the constitution authorizes the federal government to create currency, just like it authorizes the creation of the post office. But in neither case, does the constitution give the federal government a monopoly on currency or the delivery of mail. Businesses should be able to trade and accept whatever they want and that would mean bitcoin and all the other cryptocurrencies.

Forum List

Back