Jews don't need jesus: Apostasy in the chuch

5stringJeff said:
I don't believe the document to be theologically correct. The bishops make the statement that "Jews are 'the people of God of the Old Covenant, never revoked by God.'" Yet, the New Testament states that Christ's death and ressurection established a New Covenant, one that is better than the old covenant of Jewish Law (read Hebrews 7-8 for more detail). The old covenant has been replaced by a better one, with Christ being the guarantor. Therefore, to say that the old covenant is still valid for the salvific works of the Jews is incorrect.
:clap: It also continues through chapter 10.
Jesus was fulfilling the Old Testament, not doing away with it. The New Testament speaks of redemption for us all; even though that's the way it's always been.

Said1 said:
Interesting. I've never heard any support of dispensationalist thought from the Catholic Church or in school growing up.

A New Age is dawning.

jillian said:
And just so you know, if that sounds harsh, it isn't meant to and I apologize. But I think people should be left alone to believe whatever brings them peace of mind.

I don't want anyone else's beliefs imposed on me or my son. I'll handle his religious training and he'll pick up other things on his own. He doesn't need to be indoctrinated by anyone.

Just how I feel.
I do not impose my beliefs on others. I do sometimes talk about my beliefs, and if others are interested, I am very glad to let them know more. Other than that, I do "leave people alone." In fact, no one can FORCE someone to believe anything. And I have never suggested a program of indoctrination.

However, my belief in Christianity means that I hold it to be more true than other beliefs. If someone does not hold his beliefs to be more true than other beliefs, then that person doesn't truly BELIEVE them.

Nienna said:
I do not impose my beliefs on others. I do sometimes talk about my beliefs, and if others are interested, I am very glad to let them know more. Other than that, I do "leave people alone." In fact, no one can FORCE someone to believe anything. And I have never suggested a program of indoctrination.

However, my belief in Christianity means that I hold it to be more true than other beliefs. If someone does not hold his beliefs to be more true than other beliefs, then that person doesn't truly BELIEVE them.

I have no problem with people talking to ME about their beliefs. I find them interesting. But when someone wants to indoctrinate my child in school, in skating rinks or other public facilities that he has every right to use, that IS a program of indoctrination.

Oh...and I do believe my beliefs are MORE right...at least for me. Hence my not wanting my child subjected to anyone else's teachings until he is old enough to make his own decisions.

jillian said:
I have no problem with people talking to ME about their beliefs. I find them interesting. But when someone wants to indoctrinate my child in school, in skating rinks or other public facilities that he has every right to use, that IS a program of indoctrination.

Oh...and I do believe my beliefs are MORE right...at least for me. Hence my not wanting my child subjected to anyone else's teachings until he is old enough to make his own decisions.

So why can't you respect people who don't want their children exposed to gay propaganda in school?

jillian said:

That's the thing, though. The skating rink in question is not a public facility. It's a privately owned business. As such, the owner is allowed to cater to whomever he wishes.

If he feels he should play Christian contemporary music (CCM) to target a specific demographic, that's fully within his rights.

If you choose not to patronize that skating rink because of that music, that's fully within your rights.

However, there is no right to hear a particular type of music in someone else's business. The owner is the final arbiter of the music played in his store.

jillian said:
Exposure is not the same thing as indoctrination. Music in public places is not indoctrination; it's simply exposure. However, I share your fears of public schools being used to indoctrinate.

But, in the post earlier, you said it was arrogant and ignorant to think that one's beliefs are better than anyone else's. :dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
rtwngAvngr said:
Watch. Someone will come on and say we're being antisemitic for not changing christianity "because of the holocaust".

Let the Masonic Dispensationalists do their dance of lies. I'm sticking with Jesus; he most DEFINITELY tried to evangelize the jews.

Up yours, satanic, worldly, powers that be. :finger3:

Yeah He did try to teach the jews. He didnt go around promoting hate for them. He went around trying to save them. Maybe you should remember that.

As for the original post. There is an Apostasy in Christianity. There has been since the beginning. Paul prophecied that Christ wouldnt come again until after there was an Apostasy.

jillian said:

Beliefs are either true or they arent. They arent more true for someone than someone else. The truth is universal. Otherwise it wouldnt be the truth. Why is this such a difficult concept for people? 1+1=2 period. its not different for different people. Its always the same.

So are all other Eternal truths.

And if people cant express their thoughts and ideas concerning the truth in public then what is the point of the First Amendment?

jillian said:

Go tell your bank that you want to take a million dollars out of your account. When they tell you that you don't have that much money in there, tell them that that may be true for them, but it's not true for you and that they had best shut up before corrupting the minds of your children with their insufficient funds proseletyzing. I wonder if they'll buy it.

As for the original post. There is an Apostasy in Christianity. There has been since the beginning. Paul prophecied that Christ wouldnt come again until after there was an Apostasy.

And what is the apostasy in Christianity?

5stringJeff said:
And what is the apostasy in Christianity?

Jews don't need jesus. Jesus made it very clear EVERYONE needs jesus. Dispensationalism is a bizarre completely nonbiblical theoretical overlay.

rtwngAvngr said:
Jews don't need jesus. Jesus made it very clear EVERYONE needs jesus. Dispensationalism is a bizarre completely nonbiblical theoretical overlay.

That's not Apostasy in "Christianity" (as a whole) - it's a few people trying to appease others at the cost of Correct Theology.

dmp said:
That's not Apostasy in "Christianity" (as a whole) - it's a few people trying to appease others at the cost of Correct Theology.

There is no unified church as a whole. When you consider that most evangelicals are dispensationalists and now we see that the catholics are too, it is definitely a broad segment of christianity.

rtwngAvngr said:
There is no unified church as a whole. When you consider that most evangelicals are dispensationalists and now we see that the catholics are too, it is definitely a broad segment of christianity.
MOST evangelicals are dispensationalists? I have never met ANY. Which factions preach dispensationalism?

rtwngAvngr said:

I was asking Avatar, who made the assertion.

5stringJeff said:
I was asking Avatar, who made the assertion.

Well I'm answering, cuz I knew the answer.

That assertion is also part of the very title of this thread.

Forum List

Back