January 6 Was Not A Coup

No ghoul that's a characterization of you, but you knew that didn't you?
Personal vilification is a customary, knee-jerk retaliation by Trump lickspittles incapable of substantive refutations. It's not as disturbing as the threats to Republican officeholders, poll workers, and their families.

We’ve been through this many times. Jan. 6th was a part of a brazen last ditch attempt to keep Trump in office by stopping the reading of the state-validated legitimate electoral votes, throwing the election to the House of Reps where Trump would have been declared President, despite his loosing the electoral vote (and of course the popular vote).

Trump tried but failed to pull off a nasty South American style auto golpe. Had Pence and a few other key players gone along with it, Trump might have succeeded.

Of course the idiots who attacked police and broke into the Capitol waving Trump, MAGA and Confederate Flags were in no way able to pull off a coup by themselves.

We’ve been through this many times. Jan. 6th was a part of a brazen attempt to keep Trump in office by stopping the reading of the state validated legitimate electoral votes, throwing the election to the House of Reps where Trump would have been declared President, despite his loosing the electoral vote (and of course the popular vote).

Trump tried to but failed pull of a nasty South American style auto golpe. Had Pence and a few other key players gone along with it, he might have succeeded.

Of course the idiots who attacked police and broke into the Capitol waving Trump, MAGA and Confederate Flags were in no way able to pull off a coup by themselves.
Why didn't they have any guns?

“Why didn't they have any guns?” — Miketx
Because there are laws against carrying arms in D.C. at political protests! Many did refuse, however, to pass through the metal detectors at Trump’s speech because they had brought “street fighting” weapons … which proved effective against the Capitol police … who generally didn’t use their own guns. Had protesters numbers been greater — as Trump hoped — many more police and possibly legislators too might have been hurt or even killed.

Ultimately it was the courage and integrity of particular Republican election officials (and judges) who would not be intimidated, the proper decision of the ever-vacillating Pence, and the fact that most of the demonstrators were idiots really just playing out their assigned role in this “revolutionary theatre” performance (they would be abandoned by Trump), that finally ended the circus.

In my opinion it was also Trump’s own fear of using his “Commander-in-Chief” powers decisively — and thus putting his personal political future at profound risk — that led to the failure of his plan. Trump is not really a bloodthirsty type, just a bitter, narcissistic demagogue. He is a terrible administrator, but he is a brilliant and cunning media hustler who wants to be elected and re-elected — and treated — as if he were “King.”

Last edited:
We’ve been through this many times. Jan. 6th was a part of a brazen last ditch attempt to keep Trump in office by stopping the reading of the state-validated legitimate electoral votes, throwing the election to the House of Reps where Trump would have been declared President, despite his loosing the electoral vote (and of course the popular vote).

Trump tried but failed to pull off a nasty South American style auto golpe. Had Pence and a few other key players gone along with it, Trump might have succeeded.

Rational people are confronting a cult, impervious to reality.
They cannot be taken seriously.

tenor.gif

"Throwing ketchup at the wall!
Truth don't bother me at all!"

Not even the optics are good.

The poster child of courageous, conservative Republicans:

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 12.39.51 PM.png

"I first noticed there was ketchup dripping down the wall
and there was a shattered porcelain plate on the floor.
The valet had articulated that the president was extremely angry."

... and that of the RINOs of Trumpery:

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 12.43.19 PM.png

"We've got a lot of theories. We just don't have the evidence!"

Rational people are confronting a cult, impervious to reality.

They cannot be taken seriously.

"Throwing ketchup at the wall!
Truth don't bother me at all!"

Not even the optics are good.

The poster child of courageous, conservative Republicans:

View attachment 663861

"I first noticed there was ketchup dripping down the wall

and there was a shattered porcelain plate on the floor.

The valet had articulated that the president was extremely angry."

... and that of the RINOs of Trumpery:

"We've got a lot of theories. We just don't have the evidence!"

I know, I just wonder why you don't stop. You've shown how much you hate this country and how much you're willing to lie.

Bottom line, there was no insurrection, no coup, or attempted coup….Just a relatively small group of idiots that broke the law, like Colberts group…Difference is, Colberts group got to go home the next morning…
Damn it!

The Viking was seconds away from securing power and taking over the government. He just got all emotional and stopped once he saw the unarmed woman get shot dead.

And had they done it, gas would not be $5 a gallon. and we would still know what women are.

And to think, I was all set to learn how to set sail and raid and pillage towns and cities all up and down the coast line.

You've shown how much you hate this country and how much you're willing to lie.
You are clearly enraged by my sharing a very low opinion of your Loser with most Americans, and forming my opinions based upon credible evidence rather than swallowing mindless dogma.

You are clearly enraged by my sharing a very low opinion of your Loser with most Americans, and forming my opinions based upon credible evidence rather than swallowing mindless dogma.
You refuse to believe credible evidence and instead believes lies told to you by another liar.

Forum List

Back