Jane Fonda tells veterans boycotting her movie 'The Butler' to 'get a life'

Of his homecoming? I'm sure your type are salivating at the idea of what happened. Truth is it isn't any secret. It happened all over the country!
You have been lying throughout this thread and your fantasies about your husband being spat on are a lie too

Yeah and you are a rightwinger. In a pigs eye. Get lost. - Jeri

Your lies are weak and easy to spot. Unless you can cough up some details, it will remain a fabrication

The funny part is that with the thousands of vets who claim they were spat on there is not a single story from the VietNam era reporting that it happened. No stories of fights from someone who was spat on by some hippie. Nobody reporting they saw it happen.......only recollections 40 years after the fact
I participated in a lot of airport demonstrations, every one of which was attended by lots of police and lots of reporters. If anyone had spit on those GIs the shit would have hit the fan and it would have been on the six and eleven o'clock news for days, as well as in all the newspapers.

But there is no such record.

No shit! How long ago did Fonda her Hanoi Jane routine? It's been something like 40 plus years ago. At this point it would be classified by mental health experts as an unhealthy obsession. :cuckoo: The woman has rightfully stated she regrets that point in her life

"The woman has rightfully stated she regrets that point in her life"

If she truly meant that, she, out of respect for Nancy Reagan and her patriotism, would not have accepted the role. There is more going on with the whole thing here, in my opinion, and I am distrustful of the intentions of the movie-makers as well as Fonda, the unintelligent anti-American. I would not be surprised if Oliver Stone were not the director or producer. He was a veteran and is now a typical Hollywood liberal who makes their living pretending to be sincere, all the while hating traditional American values and enjoying the huge profits their work ( :eusa_whistle: ) brings them.

How DO they live with themselves. ( Rhetorical question )

The guy in that pic is John Kerry. Anybody notice that?

Yeah, I noticed. The treason wasn't the protesting here, it was going to the enemy and taking propaganda photos and talking on their radio.

I don't care if she takes a role playing anybody, but saying "get a life" to a veteran who objects to her taking that role, well, it shows she's not really "sorry" about anything, doesn't it? It makes her "apology" worthless. She should just go on saying "I'm sorry" as many times as it takes, then I could respect her. I can't respect someone who says they're sorry, but doesn't show they're sorry.

Some of you like to argue the point...but I just don't have the patience. So ok. We will just have to agree to disagree.

btw..thank you for your service and I am glad you made it home.

Since you brought up Christianity let me be clear I believe Jesus when he says the prostitute and the tax collector will enter heaven before some self righteous folks will. Jane Fonda in her ignorance thought she was acting righteously but in fact she was acting self - righteously. Therein the trouble I have with her. To hear her tell it she is more compassionate than G-d Almighty. I don't think so. Communism is the arch enemy of God. She made it her best buddy. You figure it out. G-d isn't grading on a curve here, you know? Side with the devil and you get to live with him. - Jeri

"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."
Matthew 6:14-15

Think about it.

"The woman has rightfully stated she regrets that point in her life"

If she truly meant that, she, out of respect for Nancy Reagan and her patriotism, would not have accepted the role. There is more going on with the whole thing here, in my opinion, and I am distrustful of the intentions of the movie-makers as well as Fonda, the unintelligent anti-American. I would not be surprised if Oliver Stone were not the director or producer. He was a veteran and is now a typical Hollywood liberal who makes their living pretending to be sincere, all the while hating traditional American values and enjoying the huge profits their work ( :eusa_whistle: ) brings them.

How DO they live with themselves. ( Rhetorical question )

The guy in that pic is John Kerry. Anybody notice that?

Yeah, I noticed. The treason wasn't the protesting here, it was going to the enemy and taking propaganda photos and talking on their radio.

I don't care if she takes a role playing anybody, but saying "get a life" to a veteran who objects to her taking that role, well, it shows she's not really "sorry" about anything, doesn't it? It makes her "apology" worthless. She should just go on saying "I'm sorry" as many times as it takes, then I could respect her. I can't respect someone who says they're sorry, but doesn't show they're sorry.

Exactly. Actions speak louder than words.

I'm not sure that I understand why so many people are furious with Jane, while at the same time, Vietnam is now on our government's international trade "favored nation" list. I have three shirts that were manufactured there. Does that make me a traitor?

Apparently you don't understand the definition of the word "traitor". Look it up.

I understand the definition of traitor very well. It is the giving of aid comfort to our enemy in time of war. However, I need for you to fill me in here. On what date did the USA declare war on North Vietnam? I must have been distracted on that day, because I missed it. As soon as you provide me that date, then I will gree that Jane was a traitor. If you can not do that, then Jane broke no laws for which she can be punished. And no, the "Gulf of Tonkin" resolution is not a declaration of war. The last one that congress passed was in December, 1941.

I'm not sure that I understand why so many people are furious with Jane, while at the same time, Vietnam is now on our government's international trade "favored nation" list. I have three shirts that were manufactured there. Does that make me a traitor?

Apparently you don't understand the definition of the word "traitor". Look it up.

I understand the definition of traitor very well. It is the giving of aid comfort to our enemy in time of war. However, I need for you to fill me in here. On what date did the USA declare war on North Vietnam? I must have been distracted on that day, because I missed it. As soon as you provide me that date, then I will gree that Jane was a traitor. If you can not do that, then Jane broke no laws for which she can be punished. And no, the "Gulf of Tonkin" resolution is not a declaration of war. The last one that congress passed was in December, 1941.

It's called the Vietnam WAR, not the Vietnam Police Action. You want to argue semantics when 58,209 of our soldiers died and 153,303 of our soldiers were wounded???

It's called the Vietnam WAR, not the Vietnam Police Action. You want to argue semantics when 58,209 of our soldiers died and 153,303 of our soldiers were wounded???

It is a matter of law, not sematics. The nation was not legally in a state of war. Period. Therefore, laws having to do with the condiuct of citizens during war do not legally apply. Any attorney can tell you that. No charges were ever brought against her in a federal court because they had no federal law that she could be charged with.

It is a matter of law, not sematics. The nation was not legally in a state of war. Period. Therefore, laws having to do with the condiuct of citizens during war do not legally apply. Any attorney can tell you that. No charges were ever brought against her in a federal court because they had no federal law that she could be charged with.

You hide behind the letter of the law, I will hide behind justice....

I don't "hide" behind anything. I stand for the law, which is derived from the Constitution of the United States.

What you guys don't get is that Jane was saying the same thing, but in a very poorly articulated way.

...and by the way, the military does not refer to it as the "Vietnam War". they refer to it as the "Vietnam Era".

Vietnam Era GI Bill

Wrong. They call it the Vietnam CONFLICT. Enough of this. Let's get down here to the reality of what our boys went through while Jane was busy turning them in to their captors for trying to tip her off!

They were fed a diet of worms. Live worms - you'll find whatever nation that is under the brutality of communism - some one - usually the other 90% are existing on whatever they can dig out of the ground. Such was the case of Michael Boldeas grandmother who lived on bugs and worms during communist rule in Romania. Such was the case of Gwen Shaws friend whose father had to be chained at night ( in Russia ) to be prevented from eating his own children. They also lived off of what could be dug out of the ground. China? Same story for those who were running from the Communist three self church communists who hunt down the real christians in underground church China and kill them. Vietnam is hardly the isolated case. North Koreans are living off of whatever they can dig out of the ground too while Kims son dines on the finest fare. Such is life under communism. We were fighting to liberate S Vietnam from North Vietnam - FROM COMMUNISM. What is wrong with some of you people? Do you think Communism has somehow evolved? I assure you it has not! - Jeri

Last edited:
...and by the way, the military does not refer to it as the "Vietnam War". they refer to it as the "Vietnam Era".

Vietnam Era GI Bill

Wrong. They call it the Vietnam CONFLICT. Enough of this. Let's get down here to the reality of what our boys went through while Jane was busy turning them in to their captors for trying to tip her off!

They were fed a diet of worms. Live worms - you'll find whatever nation that is under the brutality of communism - some one - usually the other 90% are existing on whatever they can dig out of the ground. Such was the case of Michael Boldeas grandmother who lived on bugs and worms during communist rule in Romania. Such was the case of Gwen Shaws friend whose father had to be chained at night ( in Russia ) to be prevented from eating his own children. They also lived off of what could be dug out of the ground. China? Same story for those who were running from the Communist three self church communists who hunt down the real christians in underground church China and kill them. Vietnam is hardly the isolated case. North Koreans are living off of whatever they can dig out of the ground too while Kims son dines on the finest fare. Such is life under communism. We were fighting to liberate S Vietnam from North Vietnam - FROM COMMUNISM. What is wrong with some of you people? Do you think Communism has somehow evolved? I assure you it has not! - Jeri

Jane Fonda fed them worms?

Damn......once you start making them up there is no stopping you

Vietnam Era GI Bill

Jane Fonda fed them worms?

Damn......once you start making them up there is no stopping you

No, but she should probably go eat some worms and quit whining because vets don't like her political ploys.

If Jane Fonda is a born again Christian she missed the first step. Repentance and restitution. She owes the American people AND the Americans who fought in the Vietnam war a huge apology but first she will have to admit she did something wrong.

Get a life doesn't quite cut it. - Jeri
I believe it is you, and many others who remain blind to the truth about how our government wastes the lives of our sons and brothers, who owe Jane Fonda an apology for your willful blindness. The tragedy of it is how so many of you simply refuse to look at the glaring evidence of how wrong our actions in Vietnam were.

There are none so blind as they who will not see!

Blame your Democrats. And go fuck yourself for blaming Christians for the Vietnam war.

D's own it. Screw you.

Every lib wants to talk about Iraq. No lib wants to chat about Vietnam.

Odd how that is? How LBJ made a fortune off of the war?

Well, I guess that my friends and I will have to go to the movie twice to make up for those of you who find it repulsive that Jane plays the part of Nancy Reagan. I admit that this may take it's toll on me, because Nancy Reagan irritated me about as much as Hillary did. I think it would have been better with someone like Cloris Leachman.

Last edited:

I don't "hide" behind anything. I stand for the law, which is derived from the Constitution of the United States.

What you guys don't get is that Jane was saying the same thing, but in a very poorly articulated way.

Aye carumba. Your post here just means you don't know jack shit at all. She was blowing Hayden at the time.

Do you even know that? Fonda was so busy blowing Hayden she did everything for him including being his prop for the North Vietnamese. He demeaned her beyond belief. It's another adventure in hippie wildlife. I lived it. I bailed.

And if you want to come back at me, prepare yourself.

Forum List

Back