Food Giant Goya Helps Get Child Trafficking Movie ‘Sound of Freedom’ to the Big Screen

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The picture owes a lot to two men who wanted everyone to see it—the producer and co-star Eduardo Verastagui and president of Goya Foods, Bob Unanue.

“Sound of Freedom” had originally been ordered by 20th Century Fox with Mr. Verastagui already on as its producer and supporting role.

But the movie became one of the many Fox projects shelved after the merger with The Walt Disney Company.

“We helped him buy [“Sound of Freedom”] from Disney [and] became executive producers on that,” Mr. Unanue told The Epoch Times in a phone interview. “It just so happened that several years later trying to get it distributed that Angel Studios appeared on the scene.”

Goya did not disclose the amount of money it contributed to the project.

They sell solid products, and they got their priorities in the right place.

Leftists tried to boycott Goya when the CEO supported Trump. They were pissed because at the time Twitter was anti-Goya but sales increased 22% net. That was pre-Musk but word of Goya's good works got around and sane folks supported them and still do.....It looks like that good will was well placed.

"Net sales jumped 22% in the two weeks after the controversy erupted in July 2020, according to an analysis of data from market research firm Numerator. This is despite the fact that Twitter posts pushing for a boycott were 75% higher than those urging consumers to buy more Goya products, the researchers estimated."

LOL....Leftists can't meme and they can't boycott either. ;)

I dont know why anyone would have a problem with a documentary addressing a serious and grotesque threat to society. Honesly, you can scratch off bank robbers, assauult with a weapon, gang bangers, low dose dealers snd countless other crimes, they are elementary on the evil scale compared to human trafficking. I would personally buy any cop a beer if I found out he was.in a unit tackling the animals who engage in this evil. It is common day slavery.

Been buying some of their products for years. Didn't know they were being harassed by vermin. I'll have to buy more.

Forum List

Back