Jane Fonda tells veterans boycotting her movie 'The Butler' to 'get a life'

They should give Jane Fonda a statue near the VietNam Memorial

She did more to end the war than all those so called patriots who ended up putting all those names on the wall.

I lost two uncles in Vietnam. Why do you disrespect and hate them?

There are 60,000 just like them sent to win a civil war we had no business getting involved in. They were poorly suited by those they trusted with their lives

So you disrespect and hate people like my uncles and others that died in Vietnam?

I lost two uncles in Vietnam. Why do you disrespect and hate them?

There are 60,000 just like them sent to win a civil war we had no business getting involved in. They were poorly suited by those they trusted with their lives

So you disrespect and hate people like my uncles and others that died in Vietnam?

I respect them far more than those who sent them into an unnecessary conflict

I remember the boys who returned from our community. They came back a few at a time. There were no parades and we just welcomed them back to our community.
I find it odd that I remember no outrage at the time over spitting. No news reports about how terrible it was. No veterans organizations speaking in outrage

15 years later....everyone knows someone who claimed to be spit on
And it's all hysterical fiction.

Fiction???

I wish I could ask my uncles to confirm or deny but they're dead and people like the member"rightwinger" are glad that they're dead and hail Fonda a hero while spitting on their graves.

Fiction???

I wish I could ask my uncles to confirm or deny but they're dead and people like the member"rightwinger" are glad that they're dead and hail Fonda a hero while spitting on their graves.

Where have I said I am glad they are dead?

Actually, I am outraged that they are dead

Why aren't you?

Fiction???

Why aren't you?

Perhaps you hailing Fonda a hero is disrespectful enough towards the troops that served.

She did more to end the war than all those so called patriots who ended up putting all those names on the wall.
Stating Fonda deserves a statue and the fallen troops don't deserve a memorial wall seems hateful IMO.

Fiction???

Why aren't you?

Perhaps you hailing Fonda a hero is disrespectful enough towards the troops that served.

Stating Fonda deserves a statue and the fallen troops don't deserve a memorial wall seems hateful IMO.

These men bravely served their country and deserve a monument to honor them. However, they were ill served by those in whom they entrusted their lives. They were caught up in 1960s cold war hysteria and were sent into a conflict we had no business getting involved in
Just because men died in a war does not make that war justified

New Topics

Forum List

Back