Jane Fonda tells veterans boycotting her movie 'The Butler' to 'get a life'

one of us caught up with her here back in 05 and paid his respects

Missouri Man Spits on Jane Fonda

A man spit tobacco juice into the face of actress Jane Fonda after waiting in line to have her sign her new book, police said.
The man ran off but was quickly caught by police Tuesday night and charged with disorderly conduct.

Read more: Missouri Man Spits on Jane Fonda | Fox News :razz:

Mike, with all due respect....just because YOU didn't get spit on or never saw it for yourself does NOT mean it didn't happen. I saw it. Witnessed it. Friends who came home told me they were spat on. Sorry, but my friends making it home from vietnam alive were NOT liars. Nor am I a liar.
Why do you think everyone is so gungho on our soldiers this go round? Because most remember what was done to Nam vets coming home and said that would never happen again.

The funny part is that with the thousands of vets who claim they were spat on there is not a single story from the VietNam era reporting that it happened. No stories of fights from someone who was spat on by some hippie. Nobody reporting they saw it happen.......only recollections 40 years after the fact

Yeah, well there are many things that happened in history that are not on the internet because the internet did not exist when it happend. DUH! :cuckoo:

:lmao: You are incredibly stupid.

I know for a fact that it was the other way around. Veterans used to go to Haight/Ashbury and spit on hippies. They also used to shoot at their feet and demand that they dance. You don't know about it because there was no internet at the time.

I know for a fact that it was the other way around. Veterans used to go to Haight/Ashbury and spit on hippies. They also used to shoot at their feet and demand that they dance. You don't know about it because there was no internet at the time.

then lets see your proof. I never saw any vets spit on hippsters. as far as shooting goes, well that's a good way to wind up in the brig or stockade :eusa_hand:

Please tell us his story. It must be interesting

Of his homecoming? I'm sure your type are salivating at the idea of what happened. Truth is it isn't any secret. It happened all over the country!
You have been lying throughout this thread and your fantasies about your husband being spat on are a lie too

Sorry, those stories are not a lie. I just love people who try to rewrite history. I was there, my brother had friends who talked about it. Both my father and my brother served in Vietnam, that's how long the war was. When my father came back, no problem, not the same when my brother came back.

Of his homecoming? I'm sure your type are salivating at the idea of what happened. Truth is it isn't any secret. It happened all over the country!
You have been lying throughout this thread and your fantasies about your husband being spat on are a lie too

Sorry, those stories are not a lie. I just love people who try to rewrite history. I was there, my brother had friends who talked about it. Both my father and my brother served in Vietnam, that's how long the war was. When my father came back, no problem, not the same when my brother came back.

Let's hear his story....

one of us caught up with her here back in 05 and paid his respects

Missouri Man Spits on Jane Fonda

A man spit tobacco juice into the face of actress Jane Fonda after waiting in line to have her sign her new book, police said.
The man ran off but was quickly caught by police Tuesday night and charged with disorderly conduct.

Read more: Missouri Man Spits on Jane Fonda | Fox News :razz:

Brave one.

Spits at a woman then runs.

They should give Jane Fonda a statue near the VietNam Memorial

She did more to end the war than all those so called patriots who ended up putting all those names on the wall.

Let's hear his story....

No. Take my word for it, or don't, I'm not going to be cross examined by you or anyone.

Let's hear his story....

No. Take my word for it, or don't, I'm not going to be cross examined by you or anyone.

See Post#200

I win

The funny part is that with the thousands of vets who claim they were spat on there is not a single story from the VietNam era reporting that it happened. No stories of fights from someone who was spat on by some hippie. Nobody reporting they saw it happen.......only recollections 40 years after the fact

Yeah, well there are many things that happened in history that are not on the internet because the internet did not exist when it happend. DUH! :cuckoo:

:lmao: You are incredibly stupid.
You need to get out more.

Let's hear his story....

You obviously have never attended an anti-Vietnam demonstration at an airport when GIs were returning home. In every such example there were protesters who were, themselves, 'Nam combat vets and other (non-combat) veterans, such as myself, and there were plenty of cops. If anyone had spit on one of those soldiers you may rest assured he would have had the shit beaten out of him, either by the soldiers, themselves, and/or by us, and it would have been all over the news for days. Have you ever seen, and can you produce, any such news report?

Do youself a favor. Order and read this book: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Spitting-Image-Memory-Legacy-Vietnam/dp/0814751474/ref=la_B001HCZKCS_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366047264&sr=1-2]The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory, and the Legacy of Vietnam: Jerry Lembcke: 9780814751473: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]
It will convince you that all these spitting tales are fabricated nonsense.

So don't allow yourself to be deluded by these utterly fantastic "Rambo" myths about spitting on soldiers. It didn't happen.

Let's hear his story....

You obviously have never attended an anti-Vietnam demonstration at an airport when GIs were returning home. In every such example there were protesters who were, themselves, 'Nam combat vets and other (non-combat) veterans, such as myself, and there were plenty of cops. If anyone had spit on one of those soldiers you may rest assured he would have had the shit beaten out of him, either by the soldiers, themselves, and/or by us, and it would have been all over the news for days. Have you ever seen, and can you produce, any such news report?

Do youself a favor. Order and read this book: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Spitting-Image-Memory-Legacy-Vietnam/dp/0814751474/ref=la_B001HCZKCS_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366047264&sr=1-2]The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory, and the Legacy of Vietnam: Jerry Lembcke: 9780814751473: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

So don't allow yourself to be deluded by these utterly fantastic "Rambo" myths about spitting on soldiers. It didn't happen.

You know, I was there at the time. My brother's friends who got spit on? It wasn't at the airport. I don't need to read a book to know what was happening, it was happening to my friends and relatives. You can claim it's a lie all you want, but it did happen. Heck, what was it Fonda said about the returning POWs? Something like, "They deserved what they got?"

The hatred towards our military during and immediately after the Vietnam war is not a fable, it's real. You are right, I never attended any demonstrations against the war, not when two of my immediately family members and many of my extended family members served in that war. Remember back then there was a draft, there weren't many people that weren't affected.

I don't know what kind of world you were living in at the time, but it seems pretty clear you weren't paying attention.

You know, I was there at the time. My brother's friends who got spit on? It wasn't at the airport. I don't need to read a book to know what was happening, it was happening to my friends and relatives. You can claim it's a lie all you want, but it did happen. Heck, what was it Fonda said about the returning POWs? Something like, "They deserved what they got?"

The hatred towards our military during and immediately after the Vietnam war is not a fable, it's real. You are right, I never attended any demonstrations against the war, not when two of my immediately family members and many of my extended family members served in that war. Remember back then there was a draft, there weren't many people that weren't affected.

I don't know what kind of world you were living in at the time, but it seems pretty clear you weren't paying attention.

I remember the boys who returned from our community. They came back a few at a time. There were no parades and we just welcomed them back to our community.
I find it odd that I remember no outrage at the time over spitting. No news reports about how terrible it was. No veterans organizations speaking in outrage

15 years later....everyone knows someone who claimed to be spit on

Do youself a favor. Order and read this book: The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory, and the Legacy of Vietnam: Jerry Lembcke: 9780814751473: Amazon.com: Books

I remember the boys who returned from our community. They came back a few at a time. There were no parades and we just welcomed them back to our community.
I find it odd that I remember no outrage at the time over spitting. No news reports about how terrible it was. No veterans organizations speaking in outrage

I don't know what world you were living in, but I remember the talks with the men who returned. My brothers friends complaining about how they were treated. Of course it didn't make the news. The news wasn't much better at telling the whole story back then as it is now.

I don't know what world you were living in, but I remember the talks with the men who returned. My brothers friends complaining about how they were treated. Of course it didn't make the news. The news wasn't much better at telling the whole story back then as it is now.

Tell me some details....that is what these stories always lack

Tell me some details....that is what these stories always lack

Quite frankly, I don't remember the details. I remember being horrified at what they were going through and the injustice of it all. I remember comparing the welcome for the troops of WWII to the lack of welcome to the troops from the Vietnam War, and I remember, specifically a medic that cried about his friend who died before he could finish a poem about what it was like serving in the war. He and his friends finished the poem for him, I have a copy of it someplace. I believe John was his name and he specifically complained about being spit on when he mentioned his service to people. He said he wouldn't tell anyone anymore. He was funny, told my sister she was dead. She asked him to take her pulse and he couldn't find it. He ended up having to use the artery in the neck. He planned on going to med school, if he could get in, I don't know what happened to him.

When my brother came home, the War was wounding down and he didn't get the same treatment as John did. He got worse treatment from a government that didn't want him to bring his wife home from Thailand. Claimed my brother wasn't an America citizen even though he'd served in Vietnam, had been born on an America Air Force Base in Japan and was registered to vote when he was 21. He and I both ended up going into Seattle to get our citizenship. Mom decided I wasn't going to have the same trouble as my brother.

She did more to end the war than all those so called patriots who ended up putting all those names on the wall.

I lost two uncles in Vietnam. Why do you disrespect and hate them?

I lost two uncles in Vietnam. Why do you disrespect and hate them?

There are 60,000 just like them sent to win a civil war we had no business getting involved in. They were poorly suited by those they trusted with their lives

Forum List

Back