I've never shot a gun in my life.

Avoid too high caliber the sky is not a threat.

buy something with a safety that can be turned on or off with one hand and then file off the trigger guard.

When you have a gun actually pointed at you, you get a whole deferent drift on this issue. I shot a gun off once, after I took it away from the man threating my life. I shot it in to the grass, POP POP POP POP...I hate guns. Nobody needs a gun anymore, this isn't the frontier or the cowboy days anymore. Nope, so why all the bloody guns?

Listen to MaryL

There is nothing on this planet that she has not experienced and is not an authority about.

And, what she doesn't know ^^^, she is more than willing to make up out of whole cloth ^^^.

:rolleyes:
It's hard to take a guy in clown face seriously. Seriously.

I grew up with guns, have always shot guns and own quite a few.

JMO but 9mm is not a good place to start.

Be that as it may, get some professional help and don't get caught up in the current gun insanity.

Typical Duddly post. It's OK for him to shoot guns and to own several, but God forbid you neophytes get "caught up in the current gun culture." What a hypocrite.

Tom Sweetnam

You're pretty much a follower on this board and seldom post anything other than "ditto" after other RW posts. That's fine but I'm in favor of people thinking for themselves. I don't believe in owning guns just because its the "in" thing for nutters.

Its fine with me if you want a gun but, IMO, its not fine to be stupid about it.

Of course, you're more than free to disagree.

When you have a gun actually pointed at you, you get a whole deferent drift on this issue. I shot a gun off once, after I took it away from the man threating my life. I shot it in to the grass, POP POP POP POP...I hate guns. Nobody needs a gun anymore, this isn't the frontier or the cowboy days anymore. Nope, so why all the bloody guns?

Listen to MaryL

There is nothing on this planet that she has not experienced and is not an authority about.

And, what she doesn't know ^^^, she is more than willing to make up out of whole cloth ^^^.

:rolleyes:
It's hard to take a guy in clown face seriously. Seriously.

Its hard to believe that you have really done everything, experienced everything and know everything about everything.

Seriously.

The clown thing has run it's course. And then some.

Not even close.

And its gonna get a lot better ...

ClownCar_zps2e9ac7ac.jpg

I like clowns, not to be anti clown or anything. Bozo, Binky, Emmet Kelly, the proverbial sad clown. Clowns don't really need guns, do they?

Mary, you're very lucky. Not everyone would have been as easy to disarm and many of us carry more than one gun at a time.

I hope your luck stays at its current level but if it doesn't I won't feel sorry for you if/when your refusal to arm yourself comes back to haunt you.

I'm in my mid thirties. I'm not against guns in anyway, just never have been around them. I've gotten 2 9mm. One for me and my wife. We would like to learn everything we can about weapons with the goal of being able to protect our family and just enjoy shooting recreationally. We also look forward to getting our boys into 4-H target shooting soon. My question for you all is: What are some of the best resources for beginners in gun culture? Is it really necessary? How can I get familiar with old traditional Gun culture?
gun-culture.gif
I'm an old girl from way back who just loves guns to death.

Boy oh boy at first blush that doesnt look right. Cripes doesnt look good at all. Hmmmm we best talk about this.

I'm in my mid thirties. I'm not against guns in anyway, just never have been around them. I've gotten 2 9mm. One for me and my wife. We would like to learn everything we can about weapons with the goal of being able to protect our family and just enjoy shooting recreationally. We also look forward to getting our boys into 4-H target shooting soon. My question for you all is: What are some of the best resources for beginners in gun culture? Is it really necessary? How can I get familiar with old traditional Gun culture?
gun-culture.gif

If you want just for fun, go see traditionalists. They recreate and its awesome.

I do bow hunting and I have my own little world as a female bow hunter but I hope we are expanding our base.

Start somewhere and have some fun. I love it that you are looking out there. Totally cool. Kudos to you and your wife.

You need to learn about the function and safety features of whatever firearm you purchased as well as general firearm safety.
I'm sure there are appropriate training courses in your area.

When it comes to stuff like guns, it's a good idea to ignore advice from liberals.
Asking a liberal about guns is like asking your hairdresser about auto repair.

gun-culture.gif

More so than a car, read your owner's manual. Will tell ya how to disassemble and clean it and how the various safeties work.

Enroll in a gun safety class. Most shooting ranges have them, or can hook you up with one.

Buy a gun safe for storing guns, magazines, ammo, etc. Epsecially with kids in the home. Might consider the threat my grandpa gave me re: guns, "If you touch any of this I'll cut your dick off!" Kept me safe. :)

Forum List

Back