It's time to legalize drugs

Cannabis is not addictive physically. Alcohol is.

Cannabis has no ill effects on any organ system. Alcohol affects ALL of them.

Cannabis has been proven to help with Alzheimer's, nausea due to chemotherapy, glaucoma, etc.

Alcohol hasn't been proven to do any of that.

I say this as a Navy Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor who did that for 8 years in the military.

So it has no health benefit for a healthy person.
Alcohol has health benefits for the average person, with increased life expectancy across the board.

It is no wonder our military suffers with health providers like you.

With the government suppressing all research into marijuan and its effects there is simply not enough information to say either way. But recent studies indicate moderte cannabis intake protects against Alzheimer's, and Cancer.

I don't think we should outlaw alcohol again either.
Any evidence of gov't suppression of research? They have been researching marijuana for like 40 years, all over the world.

Yeah, no drug related violence in Mexico. We know...
bloodbath.jpg

Yeah.. drugs caused these deaths. :rolleyes:

Someone got high and just decided to start shooting.

Of course, we all know that's bullshit. The 'war on drugs' is what has caused these deaths, not drugs.

You know that's the case, how?

Exactly like the prohibition of alcohol that gave rise to a profitable black market and a marked increase in gang violence here. The current violence is on a world wide scale. The US media mostly ignores it so the American Sheeple don't really notice......

Yeah.. drugs caused these deaths. :rolleyes:

Someone got high and just decided to start shooting.

Of course, we all know that's bullshit. The 'war on drugs' is what has caused these deaths, not drugs.

Exactly like the prohibition of alcohol that gave rise to a profitable black market and a marked increase in gang violence here. The current violence is on a world wide scale. The US media mostly ignores it so the American Sheeple don't really notice......

You missed my link that said the vast majority of crimes committed involve drugs and alcohol, right?

So it has no health benefit for a healthy person.
Alcohol has health benefits for the average person, with increased life expectancy across the board.

It is no wonder our military suffers with health providers like you.

With the government suppressing all research into marijuan and its effects there is simply not enough information to say either way. But recent studies indicate moderte cannabis intake protects against Alzheimer's, and Cancer.

I don't think we should outlaw alcohol again either.
Any evidence of gov't suppression of research? They have been researching marijuana for like 40 years, all over the world.

A Spanish medical team’s study released in Madrid in February 2000 has shown that tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active chemical in marijuana, destroys tumors in lab rats. These findings, however, are not news to the U.S. government. A study in Virginia in 1974 yielded similar results but was suppressed by the DEA, and in 1983 the Reagan/Bush administration tried to persuade U.S. universities and researchers to destroy all cannabis research work done between 1966 and 1976, including compendiums in libraries.
The research was conducted by a medical team led by Dr. Manuel Guzman of Complutence University in Madrid. In the study, brains of 45 lab rats were injected with a cancer cell, which produced tumors. On the twelfth day of the experiment, 15 of the rats were injected with THC and 15 with Win-55, 212-2, a synthetic compound similar to THC. The untreated rats died 12-18 days after the development of the tumors. THC treated rats lived significantly longer than the control group. Although three were unaffected by the THC, nine lived 19-35 days, while tumors were completely eradicated in three others. The rats treated with Win-55,212-2 showed similar results.

You missed my link that said the vast majority of crimes committed involve drugs and alcohol, right?

I think it just goes to show that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him see reason! :eusa_shhh:

I think it just goes to show that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him see reason! :eusa_shhh:

There's been a lot of that on this thread.

As soon as you get that dick out of your mouth go look up the benefits of alcohol and then find me a study that shows equal benefit to marijuana.

yea if you just use it for what it is good for......but show me a fact that says which drug kills more people yearly.......especially innocent people......and im sure Alcohol leads the pact hands down.....

So your solution is to make the problem worse?

how is that making it worse?.....do you even realize how many people smoke Pot and are among you when your out and about,especially at events?....and i bet you did not even know....that was the reason for my question a while back that you avoided answering......and like ABS and others here have said.....show a link showing how Pot by ITSELF has killed anyone......its been around long enough where they should have plenty of stats on it........im sure compared to everything else.....its pretty dam small.....

BEcause I dont support turning this country into a nation of potheads.
Of course for someone like you who would notice?

Ok... at the risk of repeating myself... FUCK YOU.

I haven't smoked pot since my early 20's(I am now 46). A nation of potheads? Those that do, will... those that don't, won't. I guess a nation of alcoholics is fine with you though.

Truthfully, I have no skin in this game. But because I have partaken of the drug in my early years... I know the effects and I know that a "nation of Potheads" is no more likely than a nation of Alcoholics... in fact, I'd be willing to bet that a nation of potheads is significantly LESS likely than a nation of alcoholics...simply because scientific studies have shown that Marijuana is not physically addictive.... but alcohol is.

I see the effects of heavy smoking in your posts. Incoherence. Stupidity.
Who needs more of that?

You can't refute me... so you attempt lame insults... it's the Conservative way... Herr Goebbels.

Ok... at the risk of repeating myself... FUCK YOU.

I haven't smoked pot since my early 20's(I am now 46). A nation of potheads? Those that do, will... those that don't, won't. I guess a nation of alcoholics is fine with you though.

Truthfully, I have no skin in this game. But because I have partaken of the drug in my early years... I know the effects and I know that a "nation of Potheads" is no more likely than a nation of Alcoholics... in fact, I'd be willing to bet that a nation of potheads is significantly LESS likely than a nation of alcoholics...simply because scientific studies have shown that Marijuana is not physically addictive.... but alcohol is.

I see the effects of heavy smoking in your posts. Incoherence. Stupidity.
Who needs more of that?

You can't refute me... so you attempt lame insults... it's the Conservative way... Herr Goebbels.

there are lots of Conservatives here who refute......the Rabbi not being one of them....apparently....

I cant even believe this debate is happening. Anyone that thinks legalizing marijuana would be so horrible is an idiot.

The illegality of marijuana makes it 10x easier for teenagers to get. To get a regulated substance you have to get someone of age to buy it at a store. To get marijuana you have to call the kid you sat next to in composition last semester, the same goes for kids in high school.

The real gateway drug is alcohol. Theres no way around that. If marijuana were at least regulated it would decrease its availability to minors, and most teenagers arent going to make the jump to harder drugs without having tried other drugs at a young age.

Marijuana cannot possibly be more available than it is now. As long as there is a demand for marijuana there will be a supply. You can either spend billions of dollars every year preventing someone from getting high and watching animal planet or tax it, make money, and cut down on crime.

Think about how much money is going through drug dealers hands, fueling violence and crime. No one reports drug related crimes or robbery for obvious reasons, so things get violent over large amounts of cash. 16 year old kids deal with $400 just to make a $80 profit. Thats multiplied times 100 when your dealing with actual organized gangs. Legalizing marijuana would eliminate half of their market and seriously hinder their ability to find new customers to sell harder drugs to. People are buying marijuana from stores, they wouldnt even know where or who to buy harder drugs from.

Not to mention the legalization of marijuana could potentially destroy the drug cartels. I dont think you realize how many hundreds of pounds of marijuana have to come into a city to sustain every pot smoker for just one day. 10 million people in New York? Millions and millions of dollars and pounds of weed are in that city at any given time, all illegally and partially from mexico. Legalization of marijuana would literally save a failed state.

Hemp was certainly available. So was opium. A few people used laudanum, but mostly as a medicine, not for recreational use.
This bolsters my point. Drugs were not really a traditional part of society, whereas alcohol was. So alcohol is "grandfathered" in.

So basically we go with the old "If I don't like it, ban it". However if I do like it, then well everything is just peachy.

Bit of a stretch to enjoy your maker's mark while denying a person the ability to legally smoke the dried remains of a plant.

Did I use too many big words in my post that you couldn't understand it? Or are you toking up early today?

If that is your best response, then basically you are out of retorts, and have devolved into the standard trollian method of playing the "im smarter than you, neener neener" card.

I agree we need to try something different. But turning this country into a nation of zombies isnt really what I would call a good change.
I proposed something different, and something with a proven record of eliminating drug addiction.

You didnt answer my ability to use pot, not to excess. why should I be banned from using it because someone else can't control themselves?

How would legalizing pot turn us into a nation of zombies?

Also the idea of killing people based on a drug test is, honestly, abhorrent, and reeks of fascism.

Law are not made on the basis of individuals. I can safely drive a car at 90mph. That doesnt mean speed limits shouldn't apply to me.
Legalizing drugs will incresae their use. Does anyone argue this is a good thing?
You dont like executing criminals? Sorry for you.

It will? You should probably tell that to portugal and mexico, both of which have seen less drug use since the legalization of small amounts of drugs. Not to mention less crime and HIV.

5 Years After: Portugal's Drug Decriminalization Policy Shows Positive Results: Scientific American

There is another vitamin being looked at now that enhances the muscles ability to do something with oxygen in the blood that flows into the muscle.
And watch it get banned and made illegal as a "controlled substance" that you GO TO JAIL if caught with it.
And we are wasting time having hearings in Congress and trials because baseball players take steroids.
And dumbasses want more of this insanity.

Forum List

Back