It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the second time, Iran and the middle East are NOT Christian nations. Nazi Germany was not a Christian nation.
But if you want to start comparing atrocities, no countries can hold a candle to the ATHEIST regimes of that last century who murdered over 100 million people. I would also anyone who commits atrocities, regardless of what they call themselves are decidedly NOT followers of Christ's teaching.
Ah, the "no true Scotsman" defense. Right. So how do we ensure on true Christians are in power in your theocracy?

Ah, the "no true Scotsman" defense. Right. So how do we ensure on true Christians are in power in your theocracy?
Leftwingers always mess up the 'No True Scotsman" argument. It applies only on circumstances you can't help, such as race or ethnicity. It does not apply to beliefs, as beliefs are a choice. If I say "No practicing Catholic believes abortion is acceptable", that is a valid statement, and the NTS label is not applicable.

Your question about how do we ensure only true Christians are in power is you can't, as humans are fallible. But I could ask the same question about leaders of irreligious regimes: "How do we know they are good people". The answer is they pretty much never are. But you make the Constitution Christian, so you will at least have a strong starting point. Right now we are starting with a premise of atheism, which as we are finding out, is a disaster.

Last edited:
My choice would be Catholicism, the religion founded by Jesus. Jesus' teaching supersedes the OT teaching. I always notice atheists don't want any part of discussing Jesus' perfect teachings of love and peace.
I'd like to know more about your adherence to Jesus' perfect teachings of love and peace.

Christian is a verb, not a noun. As I'm sure you already know.

My choice would be Catholicism, the religion founded by Jesus. Jesus' teaching supersedes the OT teaching. I always notice atheists don't want any part of discussing Jesus' perfect teachings of love and peace.
Why on earth would you pick an foreign ancient Pagan, Christian, Political religion? Why not the American made Mormon?

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent​

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen
The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.
I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.
Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

https://www.gifcen.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/mic-drop-gif-16.gif

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists

The Final Letter, as Sent​

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen
The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.
I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.
Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

https://www.gifcen.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/mic-drop-gif-16.gif
Yes. Like I said. The founders were wrong on this one. They didn't forsee that the left would insert atheism as the default to fill the void.
Haven't you heard? Jefferson was a racist. The left believes he should be airbrushed from American history books.

I'd like to know more about your adherence to Jesus' perfect teachings of love and peace.

Christian is a verb, not a noun. As I'm sure you already know.
I try. Sometimes fall short. But I am forgiven and keep trying.
How about you?

Yes. Like I said. The founders were wrong on this one. They didn't forsee that the left would insert atheism as the default to fill the void.
Haven't you heard? Jefferson was a racist. The left believes he should be airbrushed from American history books.

they foresaw just what desperate people, religious fanatics would attempt ...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

the first sentence to the bill of rights.

they foresaw just what desperate people, religious fanatics would attempt ...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

the first sentence to the bill of rights.
I mean...I made the case in my OP why the founders were wrong and how they were wrong. They missed that the atheists would hijack that sentence to suit their own ends, and use it to destroy the country and the people in it. And that's exactly what is happening. That's a far worse result than one Christian denomination claiming precedence over another.

They didn't understand the utter ruthlessness and murderousness of atheism.

it’s time to formally declare America a Christian nation.

Can I stop paying taxes?

portrait-young-orthodox-hasdim-jewish-man-portrait-young-orthodox-hasdim-jewish-man-wooden-gra...jpg

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him off the bridge.

-- Emo Philips

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him off the bridge.

-- Emo Philips
But if the one guy was an atheist, he wouldn't have bothered with the questions; he'd have just shot him.

Show me where Jesus said to Pray the Rosery, Chant, say 10 Hail Mary's, repeatedly Stand, Kneel, Sit & give money to build temples, monuments, statues, crosses, trinkets & idols to worship? I believe Jesus spoke against that Paganist crap!
Catholics don't worship idols, so your premise is incorrect. Set up a strawman so you can knock it down. As for the Rosary, that's a set of prayers. Nothing wrong with praying, is there? Nothing Pagan about Mary. The Bible instructs us to honor Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back