Its official.....Republicans giving up on trying to repeal Obamacare

Solution to what?

45 thousand Americans dying yearly due to the old "health care" system?

Or was that want Conservatives wanted?

Along with the bankruptcies?

:doubt:

What a bunch of blithering jibberish.

People die from old age and illnesses. Those two items are NOT caused by our healthcare system. They are the result of life long choices and mother nature.

Dope

Just to be sure I'm going to do some searches to see if there are any cases where old healthcare system is listed as the cause of death.

But Obamacare is the one-liner for every Republican campaign in the country. Is there some sort of strategy behind this? Yes, it's a one word one-liner. They're Republicans, what can I say.

"If you like your current healthcare plan, you can keep it, period."

Finally, finally, finally. Instead of always attacking, the GOP is going to put its own solution on the table.

FINALLY!

I hope Boehner is serious about this and will follow through. If the GOP has finally come to its senses and grown a set of balls, this would be a fantastic breakthrough.

Solution to what?

45 thousand Americans dying yearly due to the old "health care" system?

Or was that want Conservatives wanted?

Along with the bankruptcies?

:doubt:

The intellectual dishonesty is rampant on the board.

There are no 45,000 dying each year. You can't produce them.

Pure bull.

Its what I have been saying all along

If Republicans want to take away peoples insurance, they damned well better have a better alternative

Rhetoric won't cut it

No need to take it away. Let it crash and burn while taking democrats down with it.

Is this a new sentiment, or just the echoes of the ghosts of long dead Conservatives bitching about Social Security?

But Obamacare is the one-liner for every Republican campaign in the country. Is there some sort of strategy behind this? Yes, it's a one word one-liner. They're Republicans, what can I say.

"If you like your current healthcare plan, you can keep it, period."

Bonehead can say what he wants.

There will be no Obamacare in a two years. It will be nothing more than a puddle on the floor by then.

If Republicans want to take away peoples insurance, they damned well better have a better alternative

Rhetoric won't cut it

What republican ever said they want to take away people's insurance?

The GOP-led House has voted 47 times to repeal ObamaCare. And just last October, the party shut down the federal government in a last-ditch gambit to nix the law, without offering any sound alternative. t

No sound alternative?? What a liar you are. Repubs said stick with the pre-obamacare system. It worked just fine.

Rhetoric won't cut it

Have you ever heard a Republican say he wants to repeal Obamacare?

Yes... so, let me get this straight, in your mind this means they want to take away insurance? That's just dumb... Obamacare's been in effect for 17 days.

this is from the week folks and it sounds more like wishful thinking propaganda

take it with a grain of salt

The GOP-led House has voted 47 times to repeal ObamaCare. And just last October, the party shut down the federal government in a last-ditch gambit to nix the law, without offering any sound alternative. t

No sound alternative?? What a liar you are. Repubs said stick with the pre-obamacare system. It worked just fine.
Even with the pre-existing conditions, the repeal of coverage when you got seriously sick, the rising premiums? Sounds great, doesn't it!

Even with the pre-existing conditions, the repeal of coverage when you got seriously sick, the rising premiums? Sounds great, doesn't it!

Where'd ya think premiums were going to go when you force an insurance company to pay claims on a new lymphoma patient that has paid $0 in premiums? Down?

What'd ya think your auto insurance would cost if you tried to get it to cover a car you totaled when you had no insurance?

:lol:

It's official: Republicans are done trying to kill ObamaCare - The Week

After vowing to kill President Obama's eponymous health-care law for going on four years now, Republicans appear to finally be moving on.

To be sure, the party hasn't dropped its opposition to ObamaCare. But a shift in the way it has framed that opposition indicates that the days of "repeal or bust" are a thing of the past.

Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Thursday that coming up with an ObamaCare alternative would be "one of the big issues" at the GOP's annual policy conference this month, adding that such a proposal could come up for a vote this year.

"It's important for us as a party, especially in an election year, to tell the people what you're for," he said. "We're for getting rid of ObamaCare and replacing it with a patient-centered health-care system."

The GOP-led House has voted 47 times to repeal ObamaCare. And just last October, the party shut down the federal government in a last-ditch gambit to nix the law, without offering any sound alternative. True, Republicans have thrown out a few legislative options of their own, but those ideas are generally considered unworkable, and none have gained consensus support

Declaring it optional, expanding the exemption or innovations clause to acknowledge the free and equal choice of paying for health care other ways (as long as you don't impose costs on people paying for another system)

would be a faster way to end the contested mandates and regulations
without repealing the whole bill.

Just require the supporting parties to pay the mandates who opt into the ACA regulations.

And open up the exceptions for any other parties to go fund their own health care costs and programs instead of restricting these unconstitutionally to just insurance.

They don't think of that.

They want everyone covered or able to get insurance. They obviously don't realize they will be paying higher premiums to cover all those folks with illnesses.

As for single payer?? Bullshit. I don't want Govt in charge of my HC. A Govt that has never run anything cheaply or well. Good Gawd talk about paperwork, red tape and waits. Oh yeah. Lets let the govt run HC for 300 million american.

What a horror show that would be.

Where'd ya think premiums were going to go when you force an insurance company to pay claims on a new lymphoma patient that has paid $0 in premiums? Down?

What'd ya think your auto insurance would cost if you tried to get it to cover a car you totaled when you had no insurance?

:lol:

Auto insurance doesn't require you to buy start paying for it NOW
"years in advance" before you need to start insuring a car.

Last edited:
the week must not of get this memo

Home | News | House

Boehner: ObamaCare replacement coming

By Russell Berman - 01/16/14 12:43 PM EST

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Thursday predicted that House Republicans would unveil — and possibly vote on — a plan to replace the healthcare law in 2014, fulfilling a long-delayed promise to voters.

An alternative to ObamaCare will be “one of the big issues” the House GOP will discuss at its annual policy retreat at the end of the month, Boehner said.

While the party has repeatedly run on a pledge to “repeal and replace” President Obama’s signature law, GOP lawmakers have never coalesced around a single alternative. Boehner is now facing mounting pressure from conservatives who say the party cannot continue to merely denounce the unpopular ObamaCare as a means of winning elections.

“It’s one of the big issues for conversation in terms of our agenda for this year, and I think you’ll see Republicans come forward with a plan to replace ObamaCare,” Boehner said Thursday, “a plan that will actually reduce costs for the American people and make health insurance more accessible.”.

all of it here
Read more: Boehner: ObamaCare replacement coming | TheHill
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

They don't think of that.

They want everyone covered or able to get insurance. They obviously don't realize they will be paying higher premiums to cover all those folks with illnesses.

As for single payer?? Bullshit. I don't want Govt in charge of my HC. A Govt that has never run anything cheaply or well. Good Gawd talk about paperwork, red tape and waits. Oh yeah. Lets let the govt run HC for 300 million american.

What a horror show that would be.

I don't see how people can be "made to believe" in singlepayer or government-run health care, any more than atheists can be "made to believe" in God by legislation or public policy.

If the simple mention of God or display of a cross is considered religious imposition,
why is this faith in singlepayer and govt-regulated health care and mandates
WHICH TAXPAYERS ARE ***REQUIRED TO BUY INTO*** BY PURCHASING INSURANCE OR PAYING A FINE THROUGH TAX PENALTY

NOT considered an imposition?

This totally disturbs me. The same people who argue against public funds going to support a cross as against their beliefs, then discredit someone else for contesting public funds going to something they don't believe in either? When the tax penalty is more direct? ???

The only reason I can think of why people don't see both sides equally,
is there is still backlash from when people opposed Bush's war policies paid for with taxes,
and those pro-peace anti-war beliefs were "written off" as just political tactics and opposition to Bush and "not real beliefs." these protests were dismissed as unamerican and excluded from equal representation in favor of pro-war views funded and considered valid as representing public opinion.

Sadly, views on both sides of these issues HAVE been hijacked and touted "just for political points" for and against each other. So that is why they come across as invalid and not counted.

The left prochoice and single payer advocates I spoke with
DO NOT BELIEVE the opposition to ACA is really valid in terms of wanting to pay for health care privately. They truly believe the rightwing is opposed to access to health care and is trying to keep the corporate monopoly on health care in order to get those votes.

Just like the peace movement wasn't considered real, but just abused by the leftwing politicians to rally those votes to oppose Bush and get their own people into office.

Last edited:

Rhetoric won't cut it

Have you ever heard a Republican say he wants to repeal Obamacare?

That has nothing to do with taking away someone's insurance. Ocare, OTOH, has caused millions to lose their health insurance.

Forum List

Back