It’s Official: American Christianity Is Apostate

I'm not in any Christian realm, I'm an atheist What are you?
You're a believer in creation and evolution at the same time. Is that the latest that's accepted by the Catholic church. If so then it's not being owned by catholics. Is it being kept as an unspoken truth that would be too destructive of the church if it's openly confessed?
I am Catholic. My grandfather was an atheist, and I am married to an atheist from an atheist family. I believe God is involved in creation (believing creation is ongoing). I have held that belief for more than fifty years. My grandmother held it before me. Even Wikipedia is aware that Catholic belief seems to be "evolutionary creationism" although Catholics are not required to believe anything about evolution. I've already mentioned that. "Openly confessed?" What is there to confess? My grandmother was born in the early 1900s and she grew up knowing about evolution--and she was Catholic. It has been no big secret, therefore nothing to "confess".

Perhaps you are mixing Catholic denominations with non-Catholic denominations?

Did you get your "literal" belief in the Bible from your own understanding of modern English, Western History, and our own culture? Because my own belief in God and Jesus comes from the ancient histories, cultures, and languages of the Bible.
I understand what you are describing as your beliefs and where you are at least claiming you are getting them.
I cannot help but being amused by someone who has no belief and apparently no in depth study, judging my belief. ;)
I'm also a bit amused that you thought the original language was Hebrew.
I can't be expected to understand your beliefs if you hold back on expressing them. You won't even commit to being a Catholic.

You've told me that you have abandoned the mainstream beliefs of Christianity and so the closest description of your belief is 'Deism'.
I have said no such thing--unless your describe your take as "mainstream". From my (Catholic) point of view, I am the mainstream and the view you submit is from far out in left field.

I am Catholic. My grandfather was an atheist, and I am married to an atheist from an atheist family. I believe God is involved in creation (believing creation is ongoing). I have held that belief for more than fifty years. My grandmother held it before me. Even Wikipedia is aware that Catholic belief seems to be "evolutionary creationism" although Catholics are not required to believe anything about evolution. I've already mentioned that. "Openly confessed?" What is there to confess? My grandmother was born in the early 1900s and she grew up knowing about evolution--and she was Catholic. It has been no big secret, therefore nothing to "confess".

Perhaps you are mixing Catholic denominations with non-Catholic denominations?
"Evolutionary creationism"??

What's that?
Is that some form of ID that's going to be used to rescue that theory?
I bet you didn't have that view in mind anymore than 20 years ago! How long?

I'm also a bit amused that you thought the original language was Hebrew.
Not to decrease your amusement, I merely indicated that is where I began, with the Hebrew and their presentation. If you have knowledge of more ancient languages, I defy you to present how they closely relate to modern English. I know enough about even those to be aware that they do not.

Not my term, but I understand it to mean creation came about via evolution, and God was involved in that evolutionary process.
This is going nowhere. You have some 4.5 billion years minus 10,000 years to account for.
That's your first task but don't hurry because there are hundreds more to come.

Your faith beliefs aren't reconcilable with reality but I welcome your attempts!

Here's one for you that can serve as a test that will allow me to either leave it at that, or continue.

Did dinosaurs and man walk the earth together? There's such a thing as a discussion, as opposed to just blowing smoke. I have no more interest in the latter.

I’ve known for many years that the Church in America has fallen to the lowest spiritual state of its entire existence. I’ve tried to warn Christians in both this column and my public speaking to the dismal state of today’s churches. Faithful readers are very much aware of those warnings.

But now, studied research confirms all I have warned about over the past several decades, and it’s actually worse than I thought: The American Church is not just derelict; it is apostate.

Researcher George Barna and the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University have released Barna’s latest survey, and the findings are horrific.

According to Barna’s research,

Today, 176 million Americans claim to be Christians—69% of the population. Yet, only 6% of U.S. adults—which is 9% of those identifying as Christians—possess a biblical worldview, believing the Bible to be accurate and reliable, among other convictions.

“Two out of three Americans think of themselves as a Christian, and a majority still think that Christianity is kind of about the Bible,” Barna said in an interview at the time. “But there’s a big gap between what (self-identified Christians) believe the Bible may teach, and what the Bible actually teaches.”

As predicted.
1645643332343.png

This is going nowhere. You have some 4.5 billion years minus 10,000 years to account for.
That's your first task but don't hurry because there are hundreds more to come.
I have no interest in accounting for some 4.5 billion years. How do you expect anyone to account for them--and why? This has nothing to do with "my task".

Did dinosaurs and man walk the earth together?
Your were unaware I am Catholic; I take it you are also unaware I teach science? Yes, evolution as well. If you don't know the answer to your question, I can refer you to an elementary science book.

Did dinosaurs and man walk the earth together? There's such a thing as a discussion, as opposed to just blowing smoke. I have no more interest in the latter.
If this is where you start, I'll be happy to wait for you to catch up. This is nonsense. If you are truly interested, try again. Or not.

Has it dawned on you that God does not exist?
Well we'll. You're finally getting the message.

How ironic the church you have worshipped all your life knows acknowledged they have conned suckers bloke you all your life. I'll bet you feel embarrassed.

Too funny. My God is alive and well, your unbelief is not my problem.

Your were unaware I am Catholic; I take it you are also unaware I teach science? Yes, evolution as well. If you don't know the answer to your question, I can refer you to an elementary science book.
I think we're finished if you're ready to turn to attempts to insult.
4,500,000,000 years minus 10,000 years is what I'll leave you with to consider.

Once a Christian is able to draw the attention of a normal person, he needs to make sure he doesn't discourage the attention he's gained.

Too funny. My God is alive and well, your unbelief is not my problem.
You have no evidence of a by god and you know it. You have never seen, heard or interacted with any supernatural ghost and to say you have is a blatant lie.
If you had proof you would produce it in a heart beat.
You have been conned by inheritance and lies.

Keep going and I'll crush your beliefs. See how good you are now godbotherer.

This is the great "Falling Away" that Christ and Paul both spoke about. We are definitely in some interesting times. As a believer, it also brings me great joy as Christ is soon to return and reclaim what is rightfully His!
You must be a Scofield futurist.

I think we're finished if you're ready to turn to attempts to insult.
4,500,000,000 years minus 10,000 years is what I'll leave you with to consider.

Once a Christian is able to draw the attention of a normal person, he needs to make sure he doesn't discourage the attention he's gained.
I agree that we are finished as well. If you wish to talk about "4,500,000,000 years minus 10,000 years" talk about it. I am here.

Donald, I have no wish for anyone's attention, yours included. I am here to discuss whatever may be of mutual interest to us. Since we are in a religion forum, that is generally the subject of mutual interest, but if your interest is 4,500,000,000 years minus 10,000 years, then give it ago. Make your opening statement.

Forum List

Back