It’s Official: American Christianity Is Apostate

So the creator suspended all natural law he put in place for a hundred million years?
The properties of space and time as we know them do not exist in the realm of God. They're not even uniform within the universe.

Yeah, I've heard that one a few times before but great if you can make it work for you! And so your bibles can't be said to be the 'literal' word of the god.

I suppose any of the bible stories can be fixed to work though. Even Noah had to have the god shrink all the animals to the size of fruit flies so he could fit them all into a small wooden boat that was possible to build.

I think you're living lies but if you're happy with it, good for you.
Thanks for your answers! They can form the basis of a good discussion.
So what's your god? We all have them. Mine happens to be the God of Abraham. The three tenets of that life are to pray, deny self, and treat others as well as i possibly can. Doing that makes for the best life on earth as well as preparation for the afterlife. That is somehow 'lie' you believe I am living. So what is the foundation of your life that you believe is superior?

I’ve known for many years that the Church in America has fallen to the lowest spiritual state of its entire existence. I’ve tried to warn Christians in both this column and my public speaking to the dismal state of today’s churches. Faithful readers are very much aware of those warnings.

But now, studied research confirms all I have warned about over the past several decades, and it’s actually worse than I thought: The American Church is not just derelict; it is apostate.

Researcher George Barna and the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University have released Barna’s latest survey, and the findings are horrific.

According to Barna’s research,

Today, 176 million Americans claim to be Christians—69% of the population. Yet, only 6% of U.S. adults—which is 9% of those identifying as Christians—possess a biblical worldview, believing the Bible to be accurate and reliable, among other convictions.

“Two out of three Americans think of themselves as a Christian, and a majority still think that Christianity is kind of about the Bible,” Barna said in an interview at the time. “But there’s a big gap between what (self-identified Christians) believe the Bible may teach, and what the Bible actually teaches.”

As predicted.

You've known for many years?? I thought you were 22 years old.

Today, 176 million Americans claim to be Christians—69% of the population. Yet, only 6% of U.S. adults—which is 9% of those identifying as Christians—possess a biblical worldview, believing the Bible to be accurate and reliable, among other convictions.
I consider this a warning to liberals and anyone not saved that the return of Jesus is near

Because this was predicted in the Bible

Last edited:
I consider this a warning to liberals and anyone no saved that the return of Jesus is near

Because this was predicted in the Bible

Yes. Revelation said it would happen within a generation.

Yes. Revelation said it would happen within a generation.
Since it has not happened yet we obviously dont know which generation

But its clear to me that the more people God denying heathens convince to turn away from the Bible the closer mankind is to the Second Coming

And their final judgement

Since it has not happened yet we obviously dont know which generation

But its clear to me that the more people God denying heathens convince to turn away from the Bible the closer mankind is to the Second Coming

And their final judgement

Revelation wasn't a trick. A generation is 40 years all through the Old Testament.

Revelation wasn't a trick. A generation is 40 years all through the Old Testament.
Dont bet your soul in that

I suspect the clock started with the creation of Israel and will last as long as God wills it to

Nope Dominionism comes from Scofield. It's only been popular since the 1970s.

Who cares but you? Everybody more intelligent than you is called a heretic. Is there a real heaven and will you see God the Fathe in the throne room?

I’ve known for many years that the Church in America has fallen to the lowest spiritual state of its entire existence. I’ve tried to warn Christians in both this column and my public speaking to the dismal state of today’s churches. Faithful readers are very much aware of those warnings.

But now, studied research confirms all I have warned about over the past several decades, and it’s actually worse than I thought: The American Church is not just derelict; it is apostate.

Researcher George Barna and the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University have released Barna’s latest survey, and the findings are horrific.

According to Barna’s research,

“Two out of three Americans think of themselves as a Christian, and a majority still think that Christianity is kind of about the Bible,” Barna said in an interview at the time. “But there’s a big gap between what (self-identified Christians) believe the Bible may teach, and what the Bible actually teaches.”

As predicted.
Are they less religious or less hypocritical?
Obviously there has never been this low of a percentage of people attending church.
According to studies - 67% people born before 1946 belonged to a church, 58% of baby boomers, 50% of Gen X and only 36% of millennials.
I am Gen X. Born in 1965. I was raised in a religion, but by the time I reached my early 20s I stopped going. And the main reason I did, honestly, was the rampant hypocrisy among church goers. Not wanting to be a hypocrite myself... I quit. Perhaps there are a lot of folks just like me.

Forum List

Back