It’s Official: American Christianity Is Apostate

Hebrew isn't the original, but you might have a point that you're not making clear.

There's really nothing that can make creationist myths reconcilable against evolution.

The question needs to be addressed even moreso now than earlier when we may not have known enough facts. Like for example 200 years ago.
"Day" in Hebrew often means an unspecified period of time. Second, the original storyteller used words like "Adam" meaning mankind as a whole. Same for "Eve" meaning mother. Along the way they became two individuals when the story was most likely the history of an entire nation.

"Day" in Hebrew often means an unspecified period of time. Second, the original storyteller used words like "Adam" meaning mankind as a whole. Same for "Eve" meaning mother. Along the way they became two individuals when the story was most likely the history of an entire nation.
Great! I've been able to con you into confessing that your silly bibles are nonsense babble and not anything to do with what 'literally' happened.

Now you're just going to have the 'real' believers kicking your a-- down the street marty.

You should have just went away to play.

Do you subscribe to the story of the Ark being a spaceship from another planet?
Maybe Mars? It sorta works in a way doesn't it!

Great! I've been able to con you into confessing that your silly bibles are nonsense babble and not anything to do with what 'literally' happened.

Now you're just going to have the 'real' believers kicking your a-- down the street marty.

You should have just went away to play.

You think pretty highly of yourself eh? You aren't intelligent enough to con anyone into anything.

Actually, what has happened is that you are finally listening to the people who didn't take Anglican Bishop Ushher seriously when he decided that "Day" meant a 24 hour period and that "generation" was merely a single step in the genealogy as we know it today. This news didn't magically appear the other day. It has been around for some time.

Unlikely. Speaking of generations, it has been about that for those of the Catholic faith. No one cares who believes in evolution and who believes in a one day creation. Our faith has greater issues.

Let's not be ridiculous. Again, 'earth' was a mistranslated word: A word meaning ground (the earth in a field) to the entire planet. Further (other than those of the Jewish faith) most haven't a clue as to the lesson the story teaches. And it had nothing to do with outer space, it had to do with problems mankind still faces today.

Unlikely. Speaking of generations, it has been about that for those of the Catholic faith. No one cares who believes in evolution and who believes in a one day creation. Our faith has greater issues.

A little hard to imagine the 'greater' issue than creating the whole earth in one day marty!
Love the opportunity to discuss your backsliding marty, but I'm outta time for today.

Let's not be ridiculous. Again, 'earth' was a mistranslated word: A word meaning ground (the earth in a field) to the entire planet. Further (other than those of the Jewish faith) most haven't a clue as to the lesson the story teaches. And it had nothing to do with outer space, it had to do with problems mankind still faces today.
I know, and the 'great rapture' up into the clouds only meant 'intermission time' for a big drink and popcorn.

And creating the 'earth' really meant fencing off a cow pasture from the farm house!

A little hard to imagine the 'greater' issue than creating the whole earth in one day
The greater issues involve knowing God, loving our fellow man, and living this life to the fullest. Evolution-Creation don't even make the list of vital issues between God and His people.

the 'great rapture' up into the clouds
Yeah, the brainstorm of some minister in the late 1800s--another example of someone who studies the King James English and ignores the languages and cultures of Biblical times.

Listen, all the issues you brought up are why many leave religion. Those who stay have escaped the entanglement of brainstorms who lived fifteen hundred to a thousand years after Christ and the Apostles. Many who leave got hung up on the errors of those who lived in the 1700-1800s uttered--and what does not ultimately matter. Those who stay stay centered and listen to Christ and the Apostles (or God and Moses), ignoring the brainstorms that came centuries later. We are living lives centered on God, His laws and teachings. We remain.

Yeah, the brainstorm of some minister in the late 1800s--another example of someone who studies the King James English and ignores the languages and cultures of Biblical times.

Listen, all the issues you brought up are why many leave religion. Those who stay have escaped the entanglement of brainstorms who lived fifteen hundred to a thousand years after Christ and the Apostles. Many who leave got hung up on the errors of those who lived in the 1700-1800s uttered--and what does not ultimately matter. Those who stay stay centered and listen to Christ and the Apostles (or God and Moses), ignoring the brainstorms that came centuries later. We are living lives centered on God, His laws and teachings. We remain.
You're living a life of denial, but the line you're peddling is at least amusing.

So much for organize Christianity, and that's a start on freeing yourselves from the lies.
Are you suggesting that you're not in a small minority, because I've never heard these excuses before?

The greater issues involve knowing God, loving our fellow man, and living this life to the fullest. Evolution-Creation don't even make the list of vital issues between God and His people.
Tell me more! You seem to be pushing Deism.

I’ve known for many years that the Church in America has fallen to the lowest spiritual state of its entire existence. I’ve tried to warn Christians in both this column and my public speaking to the dismal state of today’s churches. Faithful readers are very much aware of those warnings.

But now, studied research confirms all I have warned about over the past several decades, and it’s actually worse than I thought: The American Church is not just derelict; it is apostate.

Researcher George Barna and the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University have released Barna’s latest survey, and the findings are horrific.

According to Barna’s research,

Today, 176 million Americans claim to be Christians—69% of the population. Yet, only 6% of U.S. adults—which is 9% of those identifying as Christians—possess a biblical worldview, believing the Bible to be accurate and reliable, among other convictions.

“Two out of three Americans think of themselves as a Christian, and a majority still think that Christianity is kind of about the Bible,” Barna said in an interview at the time. “But there’s a big gap between what (self-identified Christians) believe the Bible may teach, and what the Bible actually teaches.”

As predicted.
Has it dawned on you that God does not exist?
Well we'll. You're finally getting the message.

How ironic the church you have worshipped all your life knows acknowledged they have conned suckers bloke you all your life. I'll bet you feel embarrassed.

Are you suggesting that you're not in a small minority, because I've never heard these excuses before?
Catholics follow Apostolic teachings--and we get hammered because we follow Biblical Tradition. I am guessing you are in the realm of non-Catholic Christianity. The only time I see such things being discussed is online. It is not part of the Mass, of Bible Studies, of Catholic social help/activities. And...Catholics are a majority not a minority.

Hardly. I believe God is deeply involved in our lives.
Yes, I know what you believe and it's not a literal belief in your bible and therefore must not be a belief in the God or the Jesus that's portrayed in the bible.
Deism seems to describe your compromised beliefs quite well.

Deism-
  1. belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe. The term is used chiefly of an intellectual movement of the 17th and 18th centuries that accepted the existence of a creator on the basis of reason but rejected belief in a supernatural deity who interacts with humankind.

Catholics follow Apostolic teachings--and we get hammered because we follow Biblical Tradition. I am guessing you are in the realm of non-Catholic Christianity. The only time I see such things being discussed is online. It is not part of the Mass, of Bible Studies, of Catholic social help/activities. And...Catholics are a majority not a minority.
I'm not in any Christian realm, I'm an atheist What are you?
You're a believer in creation and evolution at the same time. Is that the latest that's accepted by the Catholic church. If so then it's not being owned by catholics. Is it being kept as an unspoken truth that would be too destructive of the church if it's openly confessed?

I'm actually quite interested in your explanation and there's no reason why there can't be a polite conversation on the questions.

Yes, I know what you believe and it's not a literal belief in your bible and therefore must not be a belief in the God or the Jesus that's portrayed in the bible.
Did you get your "literal" belief in the Bible from your own understanding of modern English, Western History, and our own culture? Because my own belief in God and Jesus comes from the ancient histories, cultures, and languages of the Bible.

I cannot help but being amused by someone who has no belief and apparently no in depth study, judging my belief. ;)

Deism seems to describe your compromised beliefs quite well.
I am well informed of the definition of deism. My statement remains. God is deeply involved in our lives--or as much as we wish or permit Him to be.

I am well informed of the definition of deism. My statement remains. God is deeply involved in our lives--or as much as we wish or permit Him to be.
You've told me that you have abandoned the mainstream beliefs of Christianity and so the closest description of your belief is 'Deism'.
I guess I'll just assume you are a Catholic because you decline to say.
If you desire further discussion then you'll have to lead.

Forum List

Back