It’s Official: American Christianity Is Apostate

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
I’ve known for many years that the Church in America has fallen to the lowest spiritual state of its entire existence. I’ve tried to warn Christians in both this column and my public speaking to the dismal state of today’s churches. Faithful readers are very much aware of those warnings.

But now, studied research confirms all I have warned about over the past several decades, and it’s actually worse than I thought: The American Church is not just derelict; it is apostate.

Researcher George Barna and the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University have released Barna’s latest survey, and the findings are horrific.

According to Barna’s research,

Today, 176 million Americans claim to be Christians—69% of the population. Yet, only 6% of U.S. adults—which is 9% of those identifying as Christians—possess a biblical worldview, believing the Bible to be accurate and reliable, among other convictions.

“Two out of three Americans think of themselves as a Christian, and a majority still think that Christianity is kind of about the Bible,” Barna said in an interview at the time. “But there’s a big gap between what (self-identified Christians) believe the Bible may teach, and what the Bible actually teaches.”

As predicted.

The problem with any Christian version of the bible, is one of "translation," and unfortunately translation is everything! You also must take into full account the intervention of Rome, not the church of Rome, but rather the Romans themselves Rome. There is solid evidence that much of Christianity was actually a very devious psyop, one of pacification. I didn't really subscribe to that until I began to study Niccolo Machiavelli, and how much contempt he held for the Christian faithful, whom he felt to be (with good evidence) a near fully pacified collective not capable or willing to NOT turn the other cheek, which he believed was actually cowardice!

Unfortunately such remains the case in large part, how many Christians are willing to annihilate the treasonous US federal government, a proven traitor to the people it was supposed to serve, how many Christians are perfectly willing to march off to death camps, so as not to offend God, tens of millions of them, tens of millions of them, think it is up to God, and thus they will do absolutely nothing as they are trampled under foot, exactly as Machiavelli observed as he was penning The Prince in homage to Pope Alexander VI's son, Ceasare Borgia...

Some sort of solution must be thought up for Christians who are smart enough that they need to reconcile their creation nonsense with Darwinian evolution.

And the proof of that is in the dumb ones contending that there is nothing to reconcile. To them Adam and Eve were as real as the noses on their faces.

And then what do Christians do when their church leaders abandon the 'creation' ship?

People like Richard Dawkins just need to stop bringing up his big evolution lies!

Any solution might do it. An image of jesus on a pizza crust would help for a while!

I’ve known for many years that the Church in America has fallen to the lowest spiritual state of its entire existence. I’ve tried to warn Christians in both this column and my public speaking to the dismal state of today’s churches. Faithful readers are very much aware of those warnings.

But now, studied research confirms all I have warned about over the past several decades, and it’s actually worse than I thought: The American Church is not just derelict; it is apostate.

Researcher George Barna and the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University have released Barna’s latest survey, and the findings are horrific.

Today, 176 million Americans claim to be Christians—69% of the population. Yet, only 6% of U.S. adults—which is 9% of those identifying as Christians—possess a biblical worldview, believing the Bible to be accurate and reliable, among other convictions.

“Two out of three Americans think of themselves as a Christian, and a majority still think that Christianity is kind of about the Bible,” Barna said in an interview at the time. “But there’s a big gap between what (self-identified Christians) believe the Bible may teach, and what the Bible actually teaches.”

As predicted.

which is 9% of those identifying as Christians—possess a biblical worldview, believing the Bible to be accurate and reliable, among other convictions.

- "among other convictions" ...

such as forgeries and fallacies on nearly every page of 4th century, c bible - state religion of the roman empire - as mere window dressing for what all three desert religions have committed throughout their collective recorded histories of persecuition and victimization of the innocent.

obscuring the liberation theology, self determination those in the 1st century were willing to die for. the true religion of antiquity, a&e's return to paradise.

- "among other convictions" ...

such as forgeries and fallacies on nearly every page of the 10000 page, 4th century, c bible - state religion of the roman empire - as mere window dressing for what all three desert religions have committed throughout their collective recorded histories of persecuition and victimization of the innocent.

obscuring the liberation theology, self determination those in the 1st century were willing to die for. the true religion of antiquity, a&e's return to paradise.

LOL, God is coming.

Evangelicals have been such unrelenting assholes I'm surprised the number is that high.

As predicted.
When so-called christians worship the ground a scum bag like trump walks on.....it's obvious.

Some sort of solution must be thought up for Christians who are smart enough that they need to reconcile their creation nonsense with Darwinian evolution.

And the proof of that is in the dumb ones contending that there is nothing to reconcile. To them Adam and Eve were as real as the noses on their faces.

And then what do Christians do when their church leaders abandon the 'creation' ship?

People like Richard Dawkins just need to stop bringing up his big evolution lies!

Any solution might do it. An image of jesus on a pizza crust would help for a while!
Darwinian evolution is not correct, its entirely fallacious, I am not a Christian...

As predicted.
This is exactly why God advised, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." -- 2 Tim. 2:15

There is only one method to speak to and be advised by the Holy Spirit of God today. Read your Bible, study it, and attempt to live by the standards recorded therein. There are no modern miracles.........the reason for the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit was due to the fact there was a new covenant, one based upon grace with certain conditions established. There was no recorded record for doctrine as the Old Law was nailed to the cross of Jesus. The Apostles, through inspiration and guidance by the Spirit of God was establishing doctrine. Once everything had been revealed according to the Divine Power of God (i.e, the guidance of the Holy Spirit to the Apostles) that leads to life and godliness (1 Peter 1:3)..........there was established doctrine which was called "The Perfect Law of Liberty" by the apostles (James 1:25)

Peter actually described Paul's epistles as "Scripture". "As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, AS THEY DO OTHER SCRIPTURES, unto their own destruction." -- 1 Peter 3:16

The need for the supernatural gifts ceased as recorded by Paul when he clearly stated the time was coming when the only gifts of the spirit that would remain for eternity was "Faith, Hope, and Charity/Love".........with love being the greatest of these gifts. How do you receive these remaining gifts? Again, you study your Bible and allow the words of the Holy Spirit to communicate with your spirit..........your mind, then and only then will you come into contact with the Spirit of God.

Paul stated his case perfectly. He declared during the time that he was living no one person had access to the entire message of God, each was given a certain gift.......thus he stated, "For now we see through a glass darkly: but then FACE TO FACE, now I know in part; but then shall I know even as I am known." -- 1 Cor. 13

What was the PERFECT that Paul was speaking about? The "perfect law of liberty", the completed works of the New Testament that establishes Christian Doctrine. "Faith cometh by Hearing and Hearing by the Word of God." -- Romans 10:17

We find in the book of Jude, The faith has been ONCE DELIVERED by the saints of the 1st century. (Jude 3).

The best advice concerning false doctrine is established in this passage, "These were more noble than those in Thessalonia, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind (open minded), and SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY WHETHER THOSE THINGS WERE SO." -- Acts 17:11

Read and study, its the only weapon we have against the powers of darkness, Worship both in Spirit and in Truth. What is Truth. "Your word is truth sanctify them through thy word." -- John 17:17

As predicted.

I wish this surprised me more. It does not.

It is very, very difficult to find a church that is rooted in Scripture. I'm endlessly grateful for mine.

We are not a Christian nation.

Constitution of United States of America 1789 (rev. 1992)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

We are not a Christian nation.

Constitution of United States of America 1789 (rev. 1992)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
If the US is not a Christian Nation, why do you see historic religious symbolism all the Capital City of D.C.?

Congress shall make no law. What congress? The federal congress shall not establish religious edicts. The constitution is a negative document that places limits on the power and scope of Big Brother Fed. Simply because the Senate or Congress can't make laws restricting religious choice does not mean that the local school board can't authorize morning prayer....or even a bible study course after regular school hours etc.

This amendment simply prohibits BIG BROTHER from sticking his nose up the states and local governments ass. Note your comment "FREE EXERCISE THEREOF"..................this amendment declares the people/states have FREEDOM OF RELIGION, it does not declare that Big Brother Fed has FREEDOM "FROM" religion.

If you take this logical fallacy to its conclusion and claim that there is a ban on religion at the federal and state level.........you will lose every time according to the SYMOBLISM you find existing at the federal level.
You have the Chaplin Corp authorized in the federal military........you find on the federal reserve currency, "IN GOD WE TRUST".
You have the tradition of placing your hand on the Christian Bible in a court room taking an oath, "To tell the truth SO HELP ME GOD".........when you see a politician being sworn in after political victory.........placing his/her on the Christian Bible taking an oath before God and Country.

In the building that houses the US Supreme Court, when you walk in you see, Moses and the 10 commandments represented as LAW GIVERS. The 10 commandments are engraved on the doors. There are Christian Bible verses etched in stone on the federal buildings and monuments all over the Capital City of DC.

Satan's two greatest weapons: Deceit and Deflection. Go read SNOPES (a left wing think tank) account of this religious symbolism. Snope cannot deny the existence, so it attempts to use deceit and deflection away from the existing truth.

Last edited:
Darwinian evolution is not correct, its entirely fallacious, I am not a Christian...
That's an amusing and novel approach to the question! So what is that supposed to mean? Are you a believer in some other religion that believes in some god or gods?

Darwinian evolution got it mostly right for the time but some small changes were needed as science gained knowledge. For instance we now understand DNA while Darwin didn't. But even so, his theory turned out to be consistent with the facts we now know for certain.

you could discuss the discrepancies if you had the interest and the brain, but being a pretend ninja pretty well says it all doesn't it.

Problem solved when one tosses English and studies the original Hebrew.

Problem solved when one tosses English and studies the original Hebrew.
Hebrew isn't the original, but you might have a point that you're not making clear.

There's really nothing that can make creationist myths reconcilable against evolution.

The question needs to be addressed even moreso now than earlier when we may not have known enough facts. Like for example 200 years ago.

As predicted.
This is the great "Falling Away" that Christ and Paul both spoke about. We are definitely in some interesting times. As a believer, it also brings me great joy as Christ is soon to return and reclaim what is rightfully His!

Forum List

Back