'It's heartbreaking' there are so few white NBA players

Too bad Blacks don't get nominated more for Oscars. Maybe if you guys practiced more you'd get more votes.
Not really. Old white boys own that. Your statement would only be true if Black guys owned it. That way your logical fallacy of false equivalence would make sense.

Who owns the NBA and NFL?
Did you misread my post or something?

Did I?

DD said blacks don't get nominated for Oscars, and you said that old white boys own that.

The most logical conclusion I could draw was that black don't get nominated for Oscars because white people run the movie industry.

And based on that conclusion, I wondered why there were so many blacks in NBA and NFL if white people own the teams.

You wondered because you arent very intelligent. From what you are saying it appears you think the owners in the NBA are the same people that vote for the Oscars.

Blacks apparently want Affirmative Action for the Oscars, but when it comes to organizations like the NBA I guarantee you they don't.
The problem is that there is no affrimative action in the NBA or the Oscars. We know the old white boys that vote for the Oscars dont believe Black actors can act unless they are portraying a role they think Blacks should act in.

I won't be invited on Good Morning America to discuss it however.

Halle Berry Comments on Oscars Diversity Controversy: 'It's Heartbreaking'

Halle Berry is speaking out about the Oscars diversity controversy.

Berry appeared at the 2016 MAKERS Conference at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. on Tuesday, and discussed the criticism that the Academy Awards are facing due to the lack of diversity in the Oscar nominations.

The 49-year-old actress is the first and only African-American woman to win an Academy Award for "Best Actress," for her role in 2001's "Monster Ball." Berry stated that the fact that no other woman of color has won a "Best Actress" Oscar since then is "heartbreaking."

"Honestly, that win almost 15 years ago was iconic, it was important to me, but I had the knowing in the moment that it was bigger than me," Berry said. "I believed that in that moment, that when I said ‘The door tonight has been opened,' I believed that with every bone in my body that this was going to incite change because this door, this barrier, had been broken."

Halle Berry Comments on Oscars Diversity Controversy: 'It's Heartbreaking'

Racism in the NBA.

Shocking

Too bad Blacks don't get nominated more for Oscars. Maybe if you guys practiced more you'd get more votes.
Not really. Old white boys own that. Your statement would only be true if Black guys owned it. That way your logical fallacy of false equivalence would make sense.

Did I?

DD said blacks don't get nominated for Oscars, and you said that old white boys own that.

The most logical conclusion I could draw was that black don't get nominated for Oscars because white people run the movie industry.

And based on that conclusion, I wondered why there were so many blacks in NBA and NFL if white people own the teams.

You wondered because you arent very intelligent. From what you are saying it appears you think the owners in the NBA are the same people that vote for the Oscars.

Clearly it is difficult for someone to have a conversation with you.

I hope your anger keeps you warm in the winter.

Did I?

Clearly it is difficult for someone to have a conversation with you.

I hope your anger keeps you warm in the winter.
Clearly me pointing out your logical fallacy of false equivalence angered you.

It's some epic hypocrisy that lefties demand diversity and equal racial representation in EVERY walk of life.....except for the ones blacks dominate.

It's some epic hypocrisy that lefties demand diversity and equal racial representation in EVERY walk of life.....except for the ones blacks dominate.
Youre still whining except somehow youre doing it without displaying any logic whatsoever.

Ok. What's the difference in the Oscars or NBA? One was all white. One is predominantly black. Neither accurately reflect society. Both are wrong. Right?

Youre still whining except somehow youre doing it without displaying any logic whatsoever.

Ok. What's the difference in the Oscars or NBA? One was all white. One is predominantly black. Neither accurately reflect society. Both are wrong. Right?

Tho NBA is the NBA and the Oscars are the Oscars. What kind of dumb question was that?

Blacks apparently want Affirmative Action for the Oscars, but when it comes to organizations like the NBA I guarantee you they don't.
The problem is that there is no affrimative action in the NBA or the Oscars. We know the old white boys that vote for the Oscars dont believe Black actors can act unless they are portraying a role they think Blacks should act in.

Some Blacks are boycotting, so it's obvious they believe measures should be put in place to see to it that they receive votes.

Some Blacks are boycotting, so it's obvious they believe measures should be put in place to see to it that they receive votes.
The key word you used was "some". I think its dumb to expect white people to not be racist.

Tho NBA is the NBA and the Oscars are the Oscars. What kind of dumb question was that?

The question is....when and where is equal racial representation mandatory or socially justified? And in what areas is it OK to base awards or employment ONLY on ability and merits???

You proved my point. You lefties cherry pick when diversity matters (stuff blacks suck at) and when it doesn't (stuff blacks are good at).

Forum List

Back