'It's heartbreaking' there are so few white NBA players

The Oscars are very subjective.

The NBA, is a skills league. It's quite obvious who the good players are and who the bad ones are. And if you compared the bad ones from players in the D-league, you will see a skills gap in the majority of the players.

BTW, an old white owner, a white GM and a white coach, was the first team in the NBA to start an all black line-up.

The NBA, is a skills league. It's quite obvious who the good players are and who the bad ones are. And if you compared the bad ones from players in the D-league, you will see a skills gap in the majority of the players.

BTW, an old white owner, a white GM and a white coach, was the first team in the NBA to start an all black line-up.

So it's okay to disregard race when we choose who we think is the best player for our basketball team, but not okay to disregard race when we choose who we think is the best actor in a movie

So it's okay to disregard race when we choose who we think is the best player for our basketball team, but not okay to disregard race when we choose who we think is the best actor in a movie
I don't think race matters when picking the best player or best basketball team. I don't think racism exists in the NBA. Just look at the reaction Donald Sterling received when everyone found out about him.

Picking the best actor, is much more complicated. Does racism exist in the Oscars? Yes. "Straight out of Compton" I hear is a great movie. I haven't seen it, but I plan to. On the other hand, I don't see why Denzel is so acclaimed. I don't think he's that great. Then again, I loved the movie "Booty Call". And I'm a white, Irish Catholic.

I don't think Halle Berry's that hot; but I'd do Beyoncé in a second.

The point is, the movies are more like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, where the NBA is more obvious who is good or bad.

BTW, there's only one Israeli player in the NBA, but he's not very good.

That cant be true. Isnt that the same white guy that votes for the Oscars?

Since the Oscars is subjective and old white men are the only voters we know they have no appreciation for Black actors. Makes sense to me. They arent Black.

It's some epic hypocrisy that lefties demand diversity and equal racial representation in EVERY walk of life.....except for the ones blacks dominate.
Youre still whining except somehow youre doing it without displaying any logic whatsoever.

Ok. What's the difference in the Oscars or NBA? One was all white. One is predominantly black. Neither accurately reflect society. Both are wrong. Right?

Tho NBA is the NBA and the Oscars are the Oscars. What kind of dumb question was that?

The question is....when and where is equal racial representation mandatory or socially justified? And in what areas is it OK to base awards or employment ONLY on ability and merits???

You proved my point. You lefties cherry pick when diversity matters (stuff blacks suck at) and when it doesn't (stuff blacks are good at).
You are like a slow child that sees faces in the clouds but cant see what is in front of you.

Klays mom is white which makes him bi-racial but he says he is Black.
His father isn't even black. He's Bohemian.
No. He is from the Bahamas not Bohemian! :laugh:

mychal-thompson-03.jpg

Curry's dad is black, so I guarantee you he considers himself black.
Well, he looks white. So as far as I'm concerned, he's white. So is Klay.
Klays mom is white which makes him bi-racial but he says he is Black.
Maybe he's just saying he's black so he won't be barred from the NBA
Why would he barred from the NBA? JJ Reddicks white and he plays in the NBA.

Forum List

Back