It's Happening Again - Homes Lost - Some Rent Control Needed

By capping the price at $3/gallon. Duh!

And it isn't $500 gasoline. There is no definition to the price, just as there isnt any definition to the price of housing rents. Landlords are only charging sky high rents because they are able to, and they are greedy, and lack responsibilty regarding anything outside of their bank accounts.

For gasoline to be $500, oil would have to be at least $15,000 a barrel.
How many refiners are going to buy $15,000 oil to sell $3 gasoline?

Absolutely. It's like being mugged for $250 every month.

2 years ago, it was like being mugged for $350 every month.

That's it, in a nutshell.
It is their property, they own it. If you don't like the rent, MOVE. If they provide a serviceable, up to code lodging, they have met their obligation. People charge what they want for their property. A good example was a couple years ago when they raised the price on epi pens by like 800% and that was for a life saving drug. It sucks to be you, but that's life.

He's been known to make bad financial decisions.
Actually I made great financial decisions. In the 80s, I started a business on $35 of start up capital, and expanded it to 3 branch offices in 3 counties. Netted $270,000/year (2021 dollars) for 3 years in a row, back then.

Could have expanded it even more but, I could not live in California one more minute.
Took big losses in selling the business, and my belongings, and getting the hell out of there, and then going to Florida at a bad economic time (1989) just before the 1990 recession. In 1989, nobody knew unemployment was going to jump from 5% to 8% year later. That was the economy., not my "decision". Sometimes things just happen that way.

For gasoline to be $500, oil would have to be at least $15,000 a barrel.
How many refiners are going to buy $15,000 oil to sell $3 gasoline?
The $500/gallon was for demonstrative purposes. Duh!

Demonstrating your hypocrisy.

It is their property, they own it. If you don't like the rent, MOVE. If they provide a serviceable, up to code lodging, they have met their obligation. People charge what they want for their property. A good example was a couple years ago when they raised the price on epi pens by like 800% and that was for a life saving drug. It sucks to be you, but that's life.
Why should all the burden be on the renters ? (millions of them)

If the landlords "dont like" keeping rents at rates affordable to millions of renters (their "obligation"), let them sell some other product that doesn't impact people's fundamental livelihoods and basic survival.

If the sellers of epi pens raised their price 800% for that, and it was a life saving drug, and people lost lives because of it, there should have been a law to stop that , and they should have been jailed, or given the death penalty.

You play any musical instruments ? ( to a professional level)

Because they have no skin in the game. The land owner pays taxes, insurance, mortgage, upkeep and has to make up for losses from deadbeat tenants and tenants that trash the property. You entitled POS, things are rough all over, quit whining.
They have more skin in the game than anybody. The LIVE in their rental houses or apartments. It is their last sanctuary against the outside world. It is their foundation of their life - until the raiders come along like medieval Vikings, Mongols, attacking their bank accounts.

These raiders don't have to do anything as far as the increases are concerned. The previous owners who sold to them were doing fine for years. Nothing needed to be changed. These muggers are just looking to score big bucks to feed their greed.

And the thread is not about those scum. It's about the renters faced with being mugged for hundreds of $$$ every month. Under ordinary conditions, muggers in the street would be shot dead right on the spot, for doing what these landlord muggers are doing.

And the thread is not about those scum. It's about the renters faced with being mugged for hundreds of $$$ every month. Under ordinary conditions, muggers in the street would be shot dead right on the spot, for doing what these landlord muggers are doing.
It's about employing government to force your will on others.

The $500/gallon was for demonstrative purposes. Duh!

Demonstrating your hypocrisy.

You came up with an imaginary scenario to get me to agree to
unworkable price controls and I pointed out your idiocy.

You don't understand how that idiocy extends to rent control.

Because you're an idiot. So where is the hypocrisy?

It's about employing government to force your will on others.
The will of millions of renters, to keep rental rates fair, reasonable, affordable, and for AMERICANS (not just rich foreigners). The will to not be mugged for hundreds of $$$ every month. Good will.

You came up with an imaginary scenario to get me to agree to
unworkable price controls and I pointed out your idiocy.

You don't understand how that idiocy extends to rent control.

Because you're an idiot. So where is the hypocrisy?
The hypocrisy is that while you would not tolerate housing rents being limited, you're perfectly OK with gas prices being limited, if they were $500.gallon (because that would affect YOU). Hypocrite.

Listen you stupid commie fuck. Those landlords don't get that property for free. The cost of things is what it is. If you want to live in communism--go there, don't let the door hit you in the ass.
No dumbass - your laughingstock "commie" card crashed and burned in this thread days ago, when I pointed out that all businesses are limited by law, in what they do.

You just want housing rents to be an exception to that, because you have some vested interest in it, and then you ludicrously blabber about "costs", when you know damn well that has nothing to do with the rent spikes in Florida.

All you're doing by calling me a "commie" is further eradicating any credibility you have (if you ever had any), when I've been in this forum for 8 years, have hundreds of OPs, 44,000 posts, and everybody knows me as a staunch, conservative NATIONALIST - the exact opposite of INTERnationaltionalist communism ("Workers of the WORLD, Unite"

The more you post, the more credibility you lose. Your posts would actually be victories for me, if I gave a damn. :biggrin:

The hypocrisy is that while you would not tolerate housing rents being limited, you're perfectly OK with gas prices being limited, if they were $500.gallon (because that would affect YOU). Hypocrite.

I'm not ok with gas prices being limited. Stupid idea. Like rent control is a stupid idea.

Aside from the fact that all mandating $500 gas be sold at $3 would do is cause the supply to drop to zero.

I'm not ok with gas prices being limited. Stupid idea. Like rent control is a stupid idea.

Aside from the fact that all mandating $500 gas be sold at $3 would do is cause the supply to drop to zero.

Where are all businesses limited by law in what they can charge?
Doesn't matter how they are limited. Form follows function (fell asleep in class when they taught you that ?)

Forum List

Back