It's Friday and I wonder what it would be like...

Funny thing is my parents would have given me money for food, but I just didn't want to ask. I had to do it on my own. Lol

^^^^ Evul Conservative ^^^^
:lol:

I was actually more conservative then. I worked at kmart and the manual labor job, and was barely making it. Then I would see these welfare mom's try to buy thongs with DSHS vouchers.
When I had my kid I realized some people get help when they really need it, but I still have never gotten s voucher for thongs. Lol

I think they may have some sort of Amish black market/barter system thing going by which you can get...forbidden....stuff. Like deodorant, I guess...and internet service.

Amish gangs are a problem too...rough looking boys in floppy hats and knickers that drive their buggies slowly..more slowly...past houses of rival gangs and look sternly into their windows.

Er...no, that's not my fantasy.

My fantasy is to bake bread every day, work with horses and not have to worry about what I'm going to wear. Bible study at night with the kids. It sounds wonderful.

Did you watch Witness last night?

I think they may have some sort of Amish black market/barter system thing going by which you can get...forbidden....stuff. Like deodorant, I guess...and internet service.

Amish gangs are a problem too...rough looking boys in floppy hats and knickers that drive their buggies slowly..more slowly...past houses of rival gangs and look sternly into their windows.

Not in the community itself. When the teens are sent out at 16, many do get into trouble, but that's about it.

I think each community has one phone, for when it has to deal with the outside.

But that's the limit.

I HATE phones!! I don't have one!

I'm already halfway there!!

I HATE phones!! I don't have one!

I'm already halfway there!!

as you type away :lol::lol:

Amsih lap top
laptop.jpg

Last edited:
Do they have little dwellings where we send the menchildren when they reach 8 or so, and everybody but the mother raises them from that point? Cuz that would be PERFECT.

Do they have little dwellings where we send the menchildren when they reach 8 or so, and everybody but the mother raises them from that point? Cuz that would be PERFECT.

The menchildren visit the barn...

...not so little.

On occassion cleaner and less smelly than the house though. Keep the shoes outside boys.

You should check out the Mennonites Allie. I know there is some around the Tri Cities area. If you still live in the same area it isn't too far from you. They actually drive cars, and I believe is tractors etc. The ones I met were great. And the women are encouraged to talk and sing while they work.

to be Amish.

I'm strangely drawn by their way of life and yes, even their clothes.

What's up with that?

Or maybe a Quaker. I find that whole bunch fascinating as well.
Expect to walk about seven times farther than you do now. You'd be in the best physical condition of your life! Ever see a chubby Amish person?

to be Amish.

What's up with that?

Expect to walk about seven times farther than you do now. You'd be in the best physical condition of your life! Ever see a chubby Amish person?

No, but I've seen a lot of them packing major wood.

to be Amish.

What's up with that?

No, but I've seen a lot of them packing major wood.
I'd LOVE to see an Amish family in a Best Buy! They would stand around, mouths wide open in amazement.

The same expression I imagine on truthmatters face when something like a fact finally seeps through the skull!

Make fun of the Amish all you want.

But when the final collapse comes and our money is totally worthless, they'll be the one's having the last laugh.

That's the Spartans

They took away the boys to learn to become sodiers at 8.
Just before puberty raises its head, so to speak. Of course the 'fraternity' among Spartan soldiers was something learned more in the showers than the foxholes.

My God! The puns!

Make fun of the Amish all you want.

But when the final collapse comes and our money is totally worthless, they'll be the one's having the last laugh.

True words dude. There are very few people who know how to farm, butcher animals, hunt and live off the land anymore.

And the Amish do it in a pretty decent style.

to be Amish.

What's up with that?

So it's like a...SPA! A little retreat....

I can butcher things!

I can't grow a flipping rock, though. Terrible at gardening. I'd be relegated to the most menial task in the field...gleaning, or picking rocks or something.

Forum List

Back