Zone1 It's almost comical when liberals criticize "the God of the Bible"

The Bible says with God one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like one day. God exists outside of time because God is eternal.
That's one of the most popular ways for Christians to dispense with the evolution/creation contradiction.

It serves to tell us that you're not a literal believer in the bibles, by definition.

If we atheists say that we can accept that explanation, will Christians be satisfied that we've reached some kind of concensus?

As that pertains to Jonah, I then can concede that Jonah was spat out within three seconds. Does that work for you?

A literal six day creation has never been essential to me. Why do you say it is essential?
Over 40% of Americans are literal believers in their bibles. The assumption can be made for them. You seem to be suggesting that you're not included.
Wrong. I said that as long as one see's God's hand in creation, whether it be a seven day creation or evolution, it makes no difference to daily Christian living which one feels is correct.
You've proclaimed that all Christians are believers in creation. They can't see his hand in it if they've rejected it.
Yes, you know there is a contradiction. Those who take part here will continue to pursue the answers.

B.S.filter has taken the easy way out.

There is nothing to "sweep under the carpet". Have you ever been to Catholic Bible Study?
No, of course not. But let's talk about how that pertains to the evolution/creation discrepancies. Or how they can interpret that there are no discrepancies.

That is, if the students are permitted to raise the questions? Allow me!

How could the Adam and Eve story be true now that Darwinian evolution is accepted by the CC?

Can we assume that the students are all over the age of 12?

There is nothing to "sweep under the carpet". Have you ever been to Catholic Bible Study?
We can discuss the questions politely and civilly with each other! We should remind each other of that if either of us doesn't stick to those rules.

If you're a Christian then being rude and insulting is part of your personal baggage.
There may be exceptions. Meriweather puts up a pretty convincing front.
Jesus was rude and insulting, especially to the religious leaders. I'll take my chances.

I have never voted for anyone that has murdered a child

It was God who murdered actual living and breathing children
“…the Bible makes it clear that violence and evil had grown to be extremely pervasive so that it literally touched everything and everyone that existed at that time. Genesis 6:5 states: “Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” Moses indicates that some of the sin was sexual in nature (cf. Gen. 6:1-2) and that the evil permeated and filled
the earth. This erases the argument that God drowned ‘innocent’ people in the flood.”
There are many acts of violence in our world that are indescriminate and completely uncalled for. In fact, the first act of violence in the Bible was one such event - as Cain murders his brother (Genesis 4). However, the Bible makes clear that the violent acts ordained by God are in a different category - they are acts of judgement. God sees evil and He judges it justly, by punishing those who commit it. For example, the Canaanites :

“…became an incredibly sinful people who practiced extreme cruelty, incest, idolatry, bestiality, homosexuality, cultic prostitution, and child sacrifice (by throwing their own children into altars of fire).”
God’s response is not arbitrary or random - it is considered judgement. Provain insists that we must not divorce the notion of violence from the notion of justice. Not all violence is God-ordained, but all God-ordained violence is an act of God’s judgement. It is true that there may be additional reasons given for the violence (e.g. driving people out of the land), but whenever God commands violence he is always pursuing judgement.

This erases the argument that God drowned ‘innocent’ people in the flood.”

Afraid I can’t find any justification for killing innocent children for the sins of their parents.

God should know better

The issue isn't a religious split of America, it's strictly a political divide that can only be cured with secession.

But that's not possible in the foreseeable future (5 years) and so will have to fester for quite a while yet. The human damage that can be done is astounding to contemplate.

I say "almost" because there isn't too much that is comical vis a vis liberals...
Over your head?
But yeh, they criticize the God Christians believe in because of such things as this:
1) Believing the christian god exists.
In the Old Testament, God told the Israelites to kill all those they were at war with. I don't think this pertains to ALL wars?
Does scripture use the word "all"? If so, then who the heck are you to dither and hedge.
But in some cases, yeh, they were told by God to even kill the children!
Why does god need the Israelites to kill the children of their enemies? Why can't god do it for them? Why have the Israelites ever lost a war?
That is horrifying to us pro-life people of modern times.
Is it? I'm sorry, but I just don't believe you. I think you're fully convinced that the enemies of the Israelites deserved death at any age.
But get this... It is also "horrifying" or at least unacceptable to liberals! They claim that no "God of love" would command such a hideous thing.
Claiming that a "god of love" wouldn't do such a thing does NOT require being horrified at the though. Have you ever noticed that in any discussion on the existence of a deity, the first tactic believers always take is to claim that non-believers are afraid?
Then they go to the election polls to vote for PRO MUDER (of the unborn) political candidates...!

:uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3:
They go to the polls and vote for candidates who believe women - like men - have bodily autonomy and that it's guaranteed by the US Constitution.

God’s response is not arbitrary or random - it is considered judgement. Provain insists that we must not divorce the notion of violence from the notion of justice. Not all violence is God-ordained, but all God-ordained violence is an act of God’s judgement. It is true that there may be additional reasons given for the violence (e.g. driving people out of the land), but whenever God commands violence he is always pursuing judgement.
I've heard the word Judgment can be with or without that extra E but I say there should be no E... just saying

In any case, thanks for making this point.

btw What is Provain?

They go to the polls and vote for candidates who believe women - like men - have bodily autonomy and that it's guaranteed by the US Constitution.
That's a DAMN lie

The child being murdered has ZERO "autonomy"

and it is his or her body being destroyed NOT the mother's

(although abortion has many physical consequences... sterility and cancer, that destroy the woman as well. But you don't care about that, I'm sure... have to keep abortion legal so you can have endless, irresponsible sex. )

I've heard the word Judgment can be with or without that extra E but I say there should be no E... just saying

In any case, thanks for making this point.

btw What is Provain?
Pretty sure it's profane based on where the letters on a keyboard are

Forum List

Back