Italian Angler Catches Pending World-Record Wels Catfish Over 9 Feet Long

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Italian angler Alessandro Biancardi shocked the catfishing world this week with an absolutely massive Wels catfish he caught from Italy’s River Po. Measuring over nine feet long (285cm), Biancardi’s fish should set a new world record for the species.

A pro-staffer at MADCAT Fishing, Biancardi has been chasing monster catfish in the Po for decades. His pending world-record catch marks an incredible accomplishment in his own career and raises the bar for the global fishing community.

Damn! Now that is a river monster!

Last edited:

Italian angler Alessandro Biancardi shocked the catfishing world this week with an absolutely massive Wels catfish he caught from Italy’s River Po. Measuring over nine feet long (285cm), Biancardi’s fish should set a new world record for the species.

A pro-staffer at MADCAT Fishing, Biancardi has been chasing monster catfish in the Po for decades. His pending world-record catch marks an incredible accomplishment in his own career and raises the bar for the global fishing community.

Damn! Now that is a river monster!

at a restaurant down at lake of the ozarks they have a picture from the 40s or 50s of a catfish being drug up bagnel dam by a tow truck that looks at least 12 ft long based on the people standing on the dam,,

folk lore says divers inspecting the dam came up scared as shit and said there are catfish sitting at the base of the dam big enough a man could walk in their mouths,,
they swore never to go back down,,

In ever pictured Italians angling. Dropping nets and then selling their catch for pasta and wine, yes. But not angling.

Go figure.

at a restaurant down at lake of the ozarks they have a picture from the 40s or 50s of a catfish being drug up bagnel dam by a tow truck that looks at least 12 ft long based on the people standing on the dam,,

folk lore says divers inspecting the dam came up scared as shit and said there are catfish sitting at the base of the dam big enough a man could walk in their mouths,,

I've heard in deep areas of the Ohio river there's fish that get as big as cars...

I've heard the exact same story about Kentucky Dam on the Tennessee River in Kentucky. I have seen one that stuck off both ends of a picnic table, hooked by a 11 year old girl next door. Her daddy had to grab the rod to keep the fish from pulling her into to the water, below the dam.

I've heard the exact same story about Kentucky Dam on the Tennessee River in Kentucky. I have seen one that stuck off both ends of a picnic table, hooked by a 11 year old girl next door. Her daddy had to grab the rod to keep the fish from pulling her into to the water, below the dam.
they say the catfish just sit there and suck in everything that comes up to the dam,, never have to move

Thats a fish tail as they say.
Catfish dont get that big in the US.

We're gonna have to disagree.
Catfish in the US just dont get that big.
That pic could have easily been fabricated well after the 50's.
If you look up records nothing even comes close to that size except maybe an alligator gar.
records only show whats caught and recorded,,

a bunch of redneccks could have had it cut up and fried before anyone thought about it,,

as far as catching one,, be kinda hard pulling a bigass fish off the bottom with a small fishing line,,,

I like to think its true,, just how big they really are is anyones guess,,

records only show whats caught and recorded,,

a bunch of redneccks could have had it cut up and fried before anyone thought about it,,

as far as catching one,, be kinda hard pulling a bigass fish off the bottom with a small fishing line,,,

I like to think its true,, just how big they really are is anyones guess,,

Rednecks aren't stupid.
They know what a record fish looks like and they sure as hell wouldnt pass up on the bragging rights.

Forum List

Back