Israel's Netanyahu secures parliament majority, closer to forming government

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Israel's Netanyahu secures parliament majority, closer to forming government

image.jpg

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel's incoming Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu secured a parliamentary majority on Thursday after his Likud party said it had reached an agreement with the Jewish ultra-Orthodox Shas party.

Netanyahu's right-wing alliance won a comfortable victory in a Nov. 1 election, Israel's fifth in less than four years. His partnership with far-right parties has stirred concern at home and abroad.

"We have completed another step towards the formation of a right-wing government that will act to serve all of Israel's citizens," Netanyahu said in the statement.

The agreement with Shas gives Netanyahu control over 64 of the Knesset's 120 seats, though a final coalition deal has yet to be signed.

According to the agreement, Shas leader Aryeh Deri will head the interior and health ministries during the first half of the government's term, then take up the finance ministry in the second half. Deri will also serve as deputy prime minister throughout Netanyahu's tenure.

Deri, a veteran politician, was convicted of tax fraud last year but spared jail under a plea deal. The Knesset will have to pass legislation that would enable his return to the cabinet.

(Reporting by Henriette Chacar; Editing by Robert Birsel)

Remote : Thu, 08 Dec 2022 06:07:46 +0000
Local : 2022-12-08(Thursday) 07 : 07 : 46
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app
so first we "secure far-eastern Europe", then we weaponize the grain-production capabilities of all of Ukraine, next, quite predictably, next we see the rise of a far-right government in Israel (ok, Iran's recent nonchalant-assertive attitude probably had something to do with that as well), and after that?

the overthrow of Iran's leaders by starving the Iranian people of bread perhaps? as a way to "soften them up"?

THIS IS NOT WHAT I HAD IN MIND FOR THE WORLD, PEOPLE.
THIS RAVENE LANDSCAPE OF SLIDING SCALES OF MINOR WARS BECOMING PROLONGED WARS AND REGIONAL WARS SPREADING TO VAST AREAS OF THE GLOBE AT THE SAME TIME.
because *that's* what will happen in the hearts and minds of the Chinese, Iranians and their many allies around the world (including as 3rd generation immigrants here in Europe's major cities).

can we get some common sense inserted into the war planning and population control planning teams of NATO and the EU and their militaries, governments, and Royal Houses, please?

Very disappointing israel brought this fascist monster back.

This is VERY good for Israel

Netanyahu on 911

welcome to Cold War 2.
the official, real-world, really-happening version.
it started just after Putin's invasion of Ukraine, but it was organised by the elites living in the wealthies countries on Earth, regardless of their skin color, age, or anything else "about them", except for the fact that they're "just much richer than the average citizen".

"pee off, Democrat"

ah, my dear frenemies of the Republican Party.
always they're the Elephants, therefore the greatest, the biggest and the baddest.
well, i'm a human velociraptor, and you're zombified Elephants at the moment, with Trump's UFO getting off the ground for the 2022-2024 march of the Republican party.

want the Communists worrying over this weekend's quality of party ability-ness?
gee, i dunno. that doesn't seem wise to be doing this weekend (making the Russians more nervous than they need to be). (the Russians believe in the usefulness of revenge, just like you Americans).
but allright. i might have something that might work against the Russians for ya. :

Sad that he made deals with the Israeli equivalent of Nazis. Lost all respect for him, beginning with his refusal to condemn the Armenian genocides, and happily sells weapons to Turkey. This isn't going to turn out well.

Forum List

Back