Schumer Urges New Leadership in Israel, Calling Netanyahu an Obstacle to Peace

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Now call him an Anti Semite or supporter of Hamas.

The top Senate Democrat, the highest-ranking Jewish elected official in the United States, spoke from the Senate floor to condemn Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and call for elections to replace him.

Senator Chuck Schumer, Democrat of New York and the majority leader, on Thursday delivered a pointed speech on the Senate floor excoriating Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel as a major obstacle to peace in the Middle East and calling for new leadership in Israel, five months into the war.

Many Democratic lawmakers have condemned Mr. Netanyahu’s leadership and his right-wing governing coalition, and President Biden has even criticized the Israeli military’s offensive in Gaza as “over the top.” But Mr. Schumer’s speech amounted to the sharpest critique yet from a senior American elected official — effectively urging Israelis to replace Mr. Netanyahu.

“I believe in his heart, his highest priority is the security of Israel,” said Mr. Schumer, the highest-ranking Jewish elected official in the United States. “However, I also believe Prime Minister Netanyahu has lost his way by allowing his political survival to take precedence over the best interests of Israel.He added: “He has been too willing to tolerate the civilian toll in Gaza, which is pushing support for Israel worldwide to historic lows. Israel cannot survive if it becomes a pariah.”

Of course Schumer wants “new leadership” in Israel.

Bibi isn’t his type. Chucky loves homosexual Bolsheviks.

While i understand many civiliand are dying and israel is doing some messed up shit like shooting people literally waving white flags.. what are they supposed to do?
HAMAS said more attacks will come. They wont stop.
HAMAS also makes the civilian casualties worse by using them for "shields", taking their food etc. That helps their propaganda for the stupid people like shumer and im2.

While i understand many civiliand are dying and israel is doing some messed up shit like shooting people literally waving white flags.. what are they supposed to do?
HAMAS said more attacks will come. They wont stop.
HAMAS also makes the civilian casualties worse by using them for "shields", taking their food etc. That helps their propaganda for the stupid people like shumer and im2.
They are supposed to crawl back into the ovens I think.

The top Senate Democrat, the highest-ranking Jewish elected official in the United States, spoke from the Senate floor to condemn Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and call for elections to replace him.

Senator Chuck Schumer, Democrat of New York and the majority leader, on Thursday delivered a pointed speech on the Senate floor excoriating Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel as a major obstacle to peace in the Middle East and calling for new leadership in Israel, five months into the war.

Many Democratic lawmakers have condemned Mr. Netanyahu’s leadership and his right-wing governing coalition, and President Biden has even criticized the Israeli military’s offensive in Gaza as “over the top.” But Mr. Schumer’s speech amounted to the sharpest critique yet from a senior American elected official — effectively urging Israelis to replace Mr. Netanyahu.

“I believe in his heart, his highest priority is the security of Israel,” said Mr. Schumer, the highest-ranking Jewish elected official in the United States. “However, I also believe Prime Minister Netanyahu has lost his way by allowing his political survival to take precedence over the best interests of Israel.He added: “He has been too willing to tolerate the civilian toll in Gaza, which is pushing support for Israel worldwide to historic lows. Israel cannot survive if it becomes a pariah.”

Did he call for new leadership of Hamas?

Not a well worded response from Schumer. They are an ally and a democratic country. He can call out his policy differences and voice his opinion, but wanting an elected leader removed no matter how distasteful he may find him is not a wise approach.

Seems he is catering to some for votes. Why not just say "we will not fund your campaign if you continue this approach"?

It seems to me that Schumer (of whom I'm not a fan) was just echoing what the admin has been telling Netandyahoo.

IF you destroy Rafah in the same kind of rubble that we've seen, the US will have to respond negatively. BUT .... if the IDF can find a way to destroy Hamas' southern four battalions and leadership without tens of thousands dead Pales .... we have lots of bullets and bombs for you.

That is, I don't think either D really gives a shit about Israel appropriating the west bank for settlers of land that is already settled.

The United States has consistently supported a two state solution. Netanyahu does not support a two state solution and therefore the United States should discontinue all aid to Israel.
There is no rational basis for believing the creation of a Palestinian state would bring peace, so why does Biden continue to support this bizarre position?

What gives "us" the right to demand anything of a foreign government? This is fairly outrageous.

From what I've read, while Bibi has a lot of detractors in Israel, the population largely supports his campaign to rid Gaza of Hamas, and nobody that I've heard has a better path to doing so than what the IDF is doing now. I hear lots of people saying they don't have to do it this way, but beyond that, they have bupkis.

Why is there no demand in the U.N. for Hamas to surrender, lay down its arms, and release all hostages? Why is the whole world demanding that the IDF back off, but nobody demanding that Hamas back off, which would end hostilities immediately?

For the record, Schumer is evil. He doesn't speak for me, on anything.

The United States has consistently supported a two state solution. Netanyahu does not support a two state solution and therefore the United States should discontinue all aid to Israel.
Hamas doesn't support a two state solution. The Palestinian Authority doesn't support a two state solution. The only one rejecting reality is the United States.

What a bizarre speech! In substance, Schumer seems agree completely with Netanyahu's policies and positions on the war, yet he calls for Israel to change its policies, clearly this speech is just another Democratic appeal for votes in Dearborn.

And if Israel decides we should turn Wisconsin over to Iran are we obligated to do so? Should we be punished for not going along with what Israel wants us to do?

Last edited:
~~~~~~
Indeed, ideally a two state solution would be a good thing. Except for the fact that one side continues to want the extermination of the other.
What do you think the meaning of "From The River To The sea", means?
If the leaders of Palestine (Hamas) were genuinely sincere about "Peace" and the "Two State Solution", why did they attack Israel on October 7th 2023 massacring, and raping more than 2,000 women and children Israeli's?
It's Hamas come to Jesus moment and Israel is hand of Jesus that is meteing out the just deserts to the wrong doers.

The Saudis and Qatar want a 2 state solution, and without them there's no chance of peace, and without them, Israel and the US will be on their own.

If HAMAS had the means, they would already be exterminated.

39965.jpg

Ahmed_Yassin.JPG

SHEIK AHMED YASSIN

I don't fight other countries because I want to be at peace with them,
I love all people and wish peace for them, even the Jews.

The Jews lived with us all of our lives and we never assaulted them,
and they held high positions in government and ministries.

But if they take my home and make me a refugee like 4 million
Palestinians in exile? What am I supposed to do?

Who has more right to this land? The Russian immigrant who left
this land 2000 years ago or the one who left 40 years ago?

We don't hate the Jews, we only ask for them to give us our rights."

Forum List

Back