Is WW3 about to start? (Poll)

What would Biden do if Russia invaded Ukraine, and China invaded Taiwan, simultaneously?

• Nothing and nothing

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Make a lot of noise, but no military help

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Send military aid to Ukraine

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Send military aid to Taiwan

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Send the US Navy to help defend Taiwan

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Join with other NATO forces to defend Ukraine

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Iran siezes the opportunity to invade its neighbors triggering WW3

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other. See my post

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Russia already made their "wrong" choice, duh.
I think India is on our side.
Russia shares a long, contested border with China. China is an immediate threat to Russia. If we don’t push Russia around, if we don’t call for Ukraine entry into NATO, we can achieve Russian neutrality in a Sino-American conflict.

Different issues. We recognize China's ultimate sovereignty over Taiwan, we don't recognize Russia's over Ukraine but our reaction would be similar. Economic and diplomatic sanctions by the West and our Asian allies. Military aid might go to Ukraine but not Taiwan.
Who is we? The USA certainly doesn’t. The Taiwanese most certainly don’t. The only country that claims Taiwan to be part of the PRC IS the PRC.

Russia shares a long, contested border with China. China is an immediate threat to Russia. If we don’t push Russia around, if we don’t call for Ukraine entry into NATO, we can achieve Russian neutrality in a Sino-American conflict.
Maybe you missed this earlier link? China and Russia are allies. Putin and Xi are BFFs. We do want Ukraine in NATO to keep Putin in his box well away from the EU. We also want to keep the real threat of international banking isolation front and center in case Russia or China invades a neighbor.

Initially Xiden would do nothing.

Then he'd go into hiding.

Even his own masters (handlers) would have to resort to follwing the stench of soiled Depends to tell him what he had to do lest they stop delivering his Ensure.

Maybe you missed this earlier link? China and Russia are allies. Putin and Xi are BFFs. We do want Ukraine in NATO to keep Putin in his box well away from the EU. We also want to keep the real threat of international banking isolation front and center in case Russia or China invades a neighbor.
Russia’s participation in a war games simulation does not mean she will join China in a war against the US.

The US can live with a neutral, unaligned Ukraine.

Russia’s participation in a war games simulation does not mean she will join China in a war against the US.
The US can live with a neutral, unaligned Ukraine.
Link please that shows Putin would align with NATO against China.
Do you have any basis for that "wishful thinking"?
I showed you that they are already cooperating in military war games.
I'm not seeing any way Russia and the US get to be allies?! Not happening.

So you believe that Biden and NATO will do nothing if/when Russia invades Ukraine and China invades Taiwan?
Hard to say. Russia and China are really pushing that line.

All I know is that I’m glad I’m not the one making these decisions.

You are misinformed:
Declassified transcripts of Nixon’s conversations with Zhou Enlai make it clear Nixon told Zhou the United States recognizes Taiwan is a part of China.
That was fifty years ago. No president since then has treated Taiwan as anything except an independent country. The Taiwan Relations Act treats Taiwan as a sovereign country and we have trade agreements and have treated Taiwan as a sovereign country in every way. Nixon and Carter were the only presidents that favored the PRC over Taiwan. Nixon's reason was to drive a wedge between the USSR and PRC. Carter was just being a idealistic fool as usual.

Putin is a pussy wh o avoids fights with any nation that has a legit military.

Putin is a pussy who avoids fights with any nation that has a legit military.
He knows wars are very expensive, and when it gets unpopular he gets removed.
Crimea was a big win for Putin.
Ukraine not so much, and that would get worse if he invades and the west shuts down his economy.
Bare shelves means a fast exit.

Link please that shows Putin would align with NATO against China.
Do you have any basis for that "wishful thinking"?
I showed you that they are already cooperating in military war games.
I'm not seeing any way Russia and the US get to be allies?! Not happening.
Participation in a simulated war game is hardly a binding commitment.

China is the big threat for both Russia and the USA.

A neutral Ukraine is acceptable to both Russia and the USA.

Are you an American patriot? Do you want the USA to win in our conflict with China?

Last edited:
WW3? Has anyone seen Matthew Broderick?

545667-mgm.jpg

Participation in a simulated war game is hardly a binding commitment.
China is the big threat for both Russia and the USA.
An neutral Ukraine is acceptable to both Russia and the USA.
Are you an American patriot? Do you want the USA to win in our conflict with China?
Thanks for the linked article.
I'm not opposed to an alliance with Russia to oppose China, but I'm not aware of Russia and China having problems.
Your article puts up a few potential problem areas assuming that China wants to piss Russia off.
Yes and yes to your question, but romancing Russia in hopes of an alliance seems stupid to me.
I don't trust Putin any more than I trust Xi.
Wall Street fucked up royally moving so many factories to China and allowing them to steal so much intellectual property.
By 2030 China's economy will surpass the US economy.
What will the world look like by 2050?

Thanks for the linked article.
I'm not opposed to an alliance with Russia to oppose China, but I'm not aware of Russia and China having problems.
Your article puts up a few potential problem areas assuming that China wants to piss Russia off.
Yes and yes to your question, but romancing Russia in hopes of an alliance seems stupid to me.
I don't trust Putin any more than I trust Xi.
Wall Street fucked up royally moving so many factories to China and allowing them to steal so much intellectual property.
By 2030 China's economy will surpass the US economy.
What will the world look like by 2050?
Russia and China are fundamentally at odds.

We can’t trust Putin’s word, but we can trust Russian leaders to serve Russian interests.

On the news they said that Russia is scared shitless of our banking curbs. Apparently we can put a financial fence around Russia so no international money moves into or out of Russia. Putin's envoy said that would be an "act of war". Okay, so we have a real threat if Putin invades Ukraine.
Good to know financial pressure works even if diplomacy doesn't.

Iran has been under such sanctions for a long time, have these sanctions changed Iranian policy? And don't forget China, they are unlikely to support such sanctions. Thus, these actions throw Russia into the arms of China, giving China access to Russian military technology and resources.

The CCP covets Russian resources. Think of all the resources right across the contested border in lightly populated Siberia!

China’s economic and military power is growing. China is becoming an ever greater threat. And consider the CCP’s genocidal policies in Xinjiang.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back