Is there anything Obama can do and get impeached?

Impeachment is a political process not a legal one. Would it be in the Republican's best interests to impeach and remove Obama when looking forward to the next election? No president has been found guilty and removed with impeachment, and it is the voting public that deters impeachment. To impeach Obama would be the kiss of death for many Republicans and so they talk of it, but it's just more political BS.

Its both. Which is why I cited both political incompetence and moral cowardice as joined in one of the two likely scenarios for why the republicans aren't moving on impeachment.

IMHO: The reason they DON'T move on it is because they KNOW they are just talking shit to stir up the sheep.

Did a liberal start this topic? I was told liberals invented the bullshit story that right wingers wanted to impeach Obama.

fnbrqv.jpg

Am I wrong?

I dont believe in impeaching presidents because you dont like their policies. THey were elected usually on those things and thats how it works.
But it seems the Left are simply committed to the idea that Obama is unimpeachable. IRS scandal, Chokepoint. It doesnt seem to matter.
So is there anything Obama can do that would earn him impeachment and removal from office? If he took bribes would someone point out in many parts of the world that's normal so it makes it OK? If he sold secrets to China like Clinton would someone defend it as a good foreign policy move? Let's hear it.

"High Crimes and Misdemenors' isn't defined by the Constitution. It is pretty much whatever Congress thinks it is.

The question is......if congressional republicans really thinks Obama has done something worthy of impeachment, why don't these hapless chickenshits do something about it?

There are only two likely conclusions: 1) They don't think he's done something impeachment worthy 2) They're spineless nuggets of opportunistic shit that lack the moral courage and political competence to follow their convictions.

Or the theory that I'm leaning toward: yes.

You ignored the third possibility: they know they will be savaged by the Praetorian press so they decline to do so unless the public is overwhelmingly in favor of it.

Which would fall firmly in the 'They're spineless nuggets of opportunistic shit that lack the moral courage and political competence to follow their convictions" territory.

In other words, they are typical politicians just like the Democrats. No politician is going to commit suicide, no matter how much he feels he is in the right. When you start demanding that Democrats fall on their swords, then perhaps someone may start listening to what you have to say.

If the breaches of law are so egregious as to warrant impeachment, then only a political incompetent would be unable to persuade the public.

No one said the Republicans are competent politicians. However, your claim is bullshit since the Praetorian media will circle the wagons around any Democrat who is under attack.

And only a hapless coward would let their own incompetence prevent them from following the moral and ethical course of action.

Or in the case of many congressional republicans.....'incompetents' and 'cowards'.

ROFL! This brand of "nyah nyah, nyah, I triple dare you!" logic only convinces the crowd on the playground.

I dont believe in impeaching presidents because you dont like their policies. THey were elected usually on those things and thats how it works.
But it seems the Left are simply committed to the idea that Obama is unimpeachable. IRS scandal, Chokepoint. It doesnt seem to matter.
So is there anything Obama can do that would earn him impeachment and removal from office? If he took bribes would someone point out in many parts of the world that's normal so it makes it OK? If he sold secrets to China like Clinton would someone defend it as a good foreign policy move? Let's hear it.

"High Crimes and Misdemenors' isn't defined by the Constitution. It is pretty much whatever Congress thinks it is.

The question is......if congressional republicans really thinks Obama has done something worthy of impeachment, why don't these hapless chickenshits do something about it?

There are only two likely conclusions: 1) They don't think he's done something impeachment worthy 2) They're spineless nuggets of opportunistic shit that lack the moral courage and political competence to follow their convictions.

I have no doubt that a large percentage of the Republicans in Congress would vote to impeach Obama for something- anything- if they thought they thought that it would improve their political careers.

You ignored the third possibility: they know they will be savaged by the Praetorian press so they decline to do so unless the public is overwhelmingly in favor of it.

Which would fall firmly in the 'They're spineless nuggets of opportunistic shit that lack the moral courage and political competence to follow their convictions" territory.

In other words, they are typical politicians just like the Democrats. No politician is going to commit suicide, no matter how much he feels he is in the right. When you start demanding that Democrats fall on their swords, then perhaps someone may start listening to what you have to say.

So now its the Democrat's fault that republicans lack moral courage and political competence.

Question: why in the 'party of personal responsibility', is it always someone else's fault? Let me demonstrate yet again:

No one said the Republicans are competent politicians. However, your claim is bullshit since the praetorian media will circle the wagons around any Democrat who is under attack.

Now its the press' fault that republicans won't impeach?

Sigh...you guys are like the anti-Truman.

ROFL! This "nyah nyah, nyah, I triple dare you!" logic only convinces the crowd on the playground.

Or anyone with an ounce of moral courage, political competence, and a backbone.

Which apparently wouldn't include many congressional republicans. At least the one's that believe Obama should be impeached. Alas, you can't find so much as a vertebrae among them.

So now its the Democrat's fault that republicans lack moral courage and political competence.

Question: why in the 'party of personal responsibility', is it always someone else's fault? Let me demonstrate yet again:

No one said the Republicans are competent politicians. However, your claim is bullshit since the praetorian media will circle the wagons around any Democrat who is under attack.

ROFL! This "nyah nyah, nyah, I triple dare you!" logic only convinces the crowd on the playground.

Which apparently wouldn't include many congressional republicans. At least the one's that believe Obama should be impeached.

As I pointed out, no one buys your theory of ethics that requires Republicans to commit political suicide.

With two years to go there is nothing he can do to be impeached. It's over kiddos, get over it.

No Republican in Congress is calling for Obama's impeachment. It's a phony controversy. Plenty of people like me thinks he deserves it, but we know the politics of the situation make it unlikely.

Which apparently wouldn't include many congressional republicans. At least the one's that believe Obama should be impeached.

As I pointed out, no one buys your theory of ethics that requires Republicans to commit political suicide.

So that means you can whine about no impeachment without having to hold those responsible accountable.

Too funny - you ARE a kool-aid glutton.

What the fuck is the matter with the failed Republican Congress?

They have held the Congress for a month and have yet to impeach the Kenyan. What are they waiting for?

Six years of failed Obama policy and 8 years of failed Democrat rule of Congress and you give the Republicans one month and claim failure. So typical liberal.

I think they are cowards

Are Republicans afraid of Obama? What are they waiting for?

The failed Republican Congress can't do anything right
As it turns out, bloviating and legislating are two different things. Bloviating is easy, but damn! Is legislating ever hard!

So that means you can whine about no impeachment without having to hold those responsible accountable.

Too funny - you ARE a kool-aid glutton.

When did I whine about impeachment? What would holding them "accountable" consist of, voting Democrat?

You're a couple of imbeciles.

More accurately, you agreed with me on republicans lack of political competence and even a semblance of moral courage.

At least those that believe Obama committed a crime worthy of impeachment.

Seems the 'they're spineless nuggets of opportunistic shit that lack the moral courage and political competence to follow their convictions' interpretation is gaining some steam.

A president may be impeached because the sky is blue; winning a conviction in the Senate is another matter altogether.
Non-answer noted.
That is the answer, if the Senate will not move to impeach there can be no impeachment. Plus, the president has to actually do something illegal.
Obama has done things that are illegal.
But your answer was not an answer to my question.
President "Obama has done things that are illegal"....such as?
Bribery, blackmail, obstruction of justice, human-trafficking, abuse of authority, illegal search and seizure, multiple counts of fraud, criminal conspiracy, criminal negligence, etc.

More accurately, you agreed with me on republicans lack of political competence and even a semblance of moral courage.

Seems the 'they're spineless nuggets of opportunistic shit that lack the moral courage and political competence to follow their convictions' interpretation is gaining some steam.

You're obviously too stupid to bother arguing with.

A president may be impeached because the sky is blue; winning a conviction in the Senate is another matter altogether.
Non-answer noted.
That is the answer, if the Senate will not move to impeach there can be no impeachment. Plus, the president has to actually do something illegal.
Bribery, blackmail, obstruction of justice, human-trafficking, abuse of authority, illegal search and seizure, multiple counts of fraud, criminal conspiracy, criminal negligence, etc.
Can you give us specific examples of each?

Or too consistent for the likes of you.

Or too consistent for the likes of you.

You're as consistent as a broken record.

Non-answer noted.
Yes, but you'll just ignore them.

Yes, but you'll just ignore them.

Or possibly disagree. Or possibly agree.

Shrugs....if even asking impeachment supporters to name the specific instances of crimes they would impeach over is too much of an imposition, then this issue is really and truly dead.

Forum List

Back