Is there any sound argument for God's existence?

An atheist's argument is simply non-empirical and non-rationalistic.

Atheist's argue from faith, nothing else.

I believe that just about anyone can become a believer, if the right person talks to them. You wouldn't want to approach a man with a PhD in Astronomy, and try to tell him that the world is flat. Trying to convince a geologist that that world is 6,000 years young, and flat (some actually say they're not convinced that it's round) would be an exercise in futility. And a Paleontologist is also going to tell you where stick it, when you try to preach to her that Earth is 6,000 years old, and that human beings rode dinosaurs like horses.

It's all in the delivery.

Last edited:
Proof that there is a god and he's a manly man;

1546289_479121725539952_235510483_n.jpg

Is there any sound argument for God's existence? Things like the cosmological argument, the design argument, the argument from miracles, the argument from religious experience, the moral argument, the "five ways", and so on?

In continental philosophy, it is widely assumed that the attempt to argue for God's existence is pointless and has been ruled out since Kant. But in analytic philosophy, the debate goes on with increasingly technical arguments...

Your thoughts, please.

Being an all powerful being, if he want you to know he exists he will let you know in his way. Nothing Man can do can change that

I believe this is important that's why I'm reposting it public! I don't judge other religions that's gods job. The bible said there are many mansions in gods kingdom. I believe that if you are a good person and believe in god you will find yourself in one of gods mansions. If you judge people you will be judged. If you don't judge you will not be judged. You are not god and should not judge someone that believes in god a certain way. The main thing is to just love god and your neighbors with all your might. Follow this and I will see you in heaven someday. I wont tell you the path I choose, because I don't want to offend anyone. But, I've had some amazing and unbelievable things happen that were not normal.

I believe god doesn't judge by what religion your in. Because, when you raise a child you raise them in the religion you believe in and that religion is usually with them for the rest of their life. So, in all fairness its not there choice what religion is right for them. The parent chooses. I don't believe god will turn his back on almost anything you believe in. Keep an open heart and god will find his way in. He loves us all the same and I love him!

Is there any sound argument for God's existence? Things like the cosmological argument, the design argument, the argument from miracles, the argument from religious experience, the moral argument, the "five ways", and so on?

In continental philosophy, it is widely assumed that the attempt to argue for God's existence is pointless and has been ruled out since Kant. But in analytic philosophy, the debate goes on with increasingly technical arguments...

Your thoughts, please.

Being an all powerful being, if he want you to know he exists he will let you know in his way. Nothing Man can do can change that

I like smiting. That's a biggie for me.

:eusa_angel:

I believe that just about anyone can become a believer, if the right person talks to them. You wouldn't want to approach a man with a PhD in Astronomy, and try to tell him that the world is flat. Trying to convince a geologist that that world is 6,000 years young, and flat (some actually say they're not convinced that it's round) would be an exercise in futility. And a Paleontologist is also going to tell you where stick it, when you try to preach to her that Earth is 6,000 years old, and that human beings rode dinosaurs like horses.

In order to be a believer and a scientist, one must be able to understand that science is based on evidence and belief in God is based on faith. You can accept both on their own merits. This whole argument makes me think of my MIL. She would say, 'which is better, my potato salad or Aunt Hilda's?' There was no in between for her. But I could, and did, like them both. She found that to be most disagreeable because she HAD to be the best. I think the world is full of 'either or' people like her. It is this way OR it is that way. It can't be this way and I believe there is more to it than we know and can prove at present.

Personally, I don't think the universe is divided into 'natural and supernatural.' I believe they are on a continuum, and the supernatural is merely things we have not yet been able to explain empirically. Even Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing and a statistician par excellence, did not believe in Germ Theory. But now we can see bacteria and even viruses with magnification. Do you ever hear anyone argue with Germ Theory?

Last edited:

Your thoughts, please.

No argument will change an unbeliever's mind. Believers and unbelievers were chosen by our Creator to participate in a saint's gospel. Believers will believe some things that we saints preach but unbelievers won't believe and they reject us. This is all done by our Creator's design, not by something His created "beings" decide to do.

This is all done by our Creator's design, not by something His created "beings" decide to do.

I'm slightly curious Saint Brad if you believe there is a Spirit ?

In order to be a believer and a scientist, one must be able to understand that science is based on evidence and belief in God is based on faith. You can accept both on their own merits. This whole argument makes me think of my MIL. She would say, 'which is better, my potato salad or Aunt Hilda's?' There was not in between for her. But I could, and did, like them both. She found that to be most disagreeable because she HAD to be the best. I think the world is full of 'either or' people like her. It is this way OR it is that way. It can't be this way and I believe there is more to it than we know and can prove at present.

Personally, I don't think the universe is divided into 'natural and supernatural.' I believe they are on a continuum, and the supernatural are merely things we have not yet been able to explain empirically. Even Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing and a statistician par excellence, did not believe in Germ Theory. But now we can see bacteria and even viruses with magnification. Do you ever hear anyone argue with Germ Theory?

The supernatural in my view is what lays permanently beyond science's ability to explain naturalistically.

Your thoughts, please.

I do not believe it is ever necessary, or even appropriate, to argue the existence of God. God is most capable of proving His own existence.

Your thoughts, please.

No argument will change an unbeliever's mind. Believers and unbelievers were chosen by our Creator to participate in a saint's gospel. Believers will believe some things that we saints preach but unbelievers won't believe and they reject us. This is all done by our Creator's design, not by something His created "beings" decide to do.

This is all done by our Creator's design, not by something His created "beings" decide to do.

I'm slightly curious Saint Brad if you believe there is a Spirit ?

I'm speaking from my created existence as God's Voice so I know that the symbolic name "spirit" means God's thoughts spoken into wavelengths of energy. From processed energy we get a defined world ( earthly flesh and things we see in this world) to experience life in.

In order to be a believer and a scientist, one must be able to understand that science is based on evidence and belief in God is based on faith. You can accept both on their own merits. This whole argument makes me think of my MIL. She would say, 'which is better, my potato salad or Aunt Hilda's?' There was not in between for her. But I could, and did, like them both. She found that to be most disagreeable because she HAD to be the best. I think the world is full of 'either or' people like her. It is this way OR it is that way. It can't be this way and I believe there is more to it than we know and can prove at present.

Personally, I don't think the universe is divided into 'natural and supernatural.' I believe they are on a continuum, and the supernatural are merely things we have not yet been able to explain empirically. Even Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing and a statistician par excellence, did not believe in Germ Theory. But now we can see bacteria and even viruses with magnification. Do you ever hear anyone argue with Germ Theory?

The supernatural in my view is what lays permanently beyond science's ability to explain naturalistically.

as far as miracles go many seem supernatural in nature if interpreted literally such as the creation story, the creation of man into a living being, fire from the sky, raising the dead, ascending into heaven, cleansing the lepers, giving sight to the blind, feeding the multitude, etc., etc., but without adding or subtracting a single word these very same stories can also be easily interpreted and explained naturalistically in a way that conforms to and is confirmed by reality.

Science may be incapable of explaining the supernatural but anyone over the age of 8 acquainted with fairy tales with a basic understanding of figurative expression, metaphors, allegories, homonyms, hyperbole, etc. can.

for instance, feeding the multitude is not about feeding fish sandwiches to a crowd out of thin air, it is a story about how Jesus taught such a large crowd to their satisfaction before microphones and turned 7 disciples into twelve. Healing the blind is a healing of perception and not sight, etc..... all within the realm of possibility in the natural world as we know it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back