Is There A God?

You can make an argument for your point, and then you rely on . . . belief.
I prefer evidence. I can show no evidence for the existence of the FSM, therefore I do not accept it exists. Apparently you can show no evidence it does not exist, therefore you accept its existence.

edit...And by 'belief' you mean 'faith' which is belief without evidence.

Every scientist knows that empirical data does not exist to refute or proved the existence of God.

You can make an argument for your point, and then you rely on . . . belief.
Agreed. That's the point. We don't know. To posit one way or another is mere belief. Nothing wrong with that, but an atheist who declares they "know" there is no God is as illogical as a theist who declares they "know" there is a God. It's a matter of faith. Ergo, Atheism, like Theism, is a matter of faith.

But by all means continue to complain it is not possible to prove a negative.

Agreed. That's the point. We don't know. To posit one way or another is mere belief.
To posit there is no evidence of existence is not the same as demanding evidence of non existence. As any devotee of the FSM will tell you.

By your logic, a lack of evidence you are a rapist and thief makes you a rapist and thief
No, that's Jake's logic. In my logic a lack of evidence you are a rapist and thief means there is no evidence you are a rapist and thief.
Then do you agree that there is no evidence an all powerful force doesn't exist? Do you know what caused the Big Bang? Honesty, please.

Then what are auras?
Our life force and souls?
What Are the ‘Auras’ Around People Seen in Photos?

I am very in tune with with them, especially with animals, but also humans. I can feel their auras trying to connect and reach out for help when they are sick or in danger.
I feel them but I don't see them.
It's what people who are ghost hunters are feeling (unearthly electricity, when the dead connect with us).
That is the life force or spirit the Bible mentions in Genises.

Last edited:
Then what are auras?

I am very in tune with with them, especially with animals, but also humans. I can feel their auras trying to connect and reach out for help when they are sick or in danger.
It's what people who are ghost hunters are feeling (unearthly electricity, when the dead connect with us).
Not sure about that. We are all connected in one way or another. There's a lot of odd stuff going on with quantum physics. Pantheists believe the Universe itself is God. Panenthiests believe God is both the Universe and everything outside of it. If so, that would be one reason to understand why we are all connected.

Most people think of "god" as a being who resembles them, hangs out in a place called "heaven" and passes harsh judgements on us. "He loves us", they say. "But, He is not going to love us if we don't obey him and do as he says. He will send us to hell if we disobey him and don't keep his commandments."

Now, that's all a bit confusing to me. How can he love us and then punish us in hell for all eternity if we don't obey his laws? Always heard that love is unconditional; why is gods love conditional?

For some reason I am suppose to bow to and worship some guy who has never physically revealed himself to me. I am suppose to do it on "faith" (whatever that is).

Now, don't get me wrong, I do believe there is a higher power - a force so strong it can create and destroy everything. And I believe that higher power to be intelligent. What I cannot believe any longer, after decades of doing so, is this higher power is jealous and petty and will put me in hell for also being jealous and petty. I don't believe this higher power will call for the murdering of people, yet put me in hell for murdering without his consent. If my purpose in being on this big blue marble is to aspire to be like him, then it is my responsibility to be jealous, petty and a murderer. If this truly is the way he is, then I don't want to be like him.

There are many, many different religions on this planet. Many are indigenous to particular regions or eras of the world. For instance: You have Judaics here, Muslims there, Buddhists over there and Christians all over the place. ALL of these religions began in different locales or in close proximity to each other at different times in history. Each became government sponsored according to what manner the government chose to use them. The United States was once considered a Christian country. So was much of Europe. Israel is considered to be a Jewish state. Thailand recognizes Buddhism as its traditional religion. Islam (the Muslim religion) is practiced throughout the middle east. There are way more than four religions - I am only using four as examples to save time and space.

Nearly all religions have three things in common: 1. They believe in a god. 2. Only their religions is right. 3. Fear.
Those are the three main things they all have in common. While some are non-violent, many will kill you or condemn you to hell for believing differently from them. Even sects within each religion will condemn or kill each other for not believing as they do, even though those sects claim to worship the same god (i.e. Catholics and Protestants; Secular and ultra-orthodox Jews).

I believe that #3, Fear, is the main motivator when it comes to peoples beliefs in their religions. People are terrified of the unknown. Death is an unknown. We don't know where we are going when we die, but we don't want to end. Death is permanent and scary as hell - unless you believe in hell, then you can avoid it. All you have to do is believe and do a few rituals, follow some commandments and, POOF, you will live forever in a wonderful mansion with or without (depending on your religion) 72 virgins.

No, I am not an atheist. Atheism is a religion as wicked as all of the rest. It is based in hatred and condemnation of those who are not atheists. Just like every other religion, atheism, seeks to dictate how others should think, believe and live. Many atheists would behead you, burn you at the stake, or hang you from a cross, just as quickly as any other religion has done in the past.

So, what religion am I? Just like being a Democrat, a Republican, a Libertarian, a Anarchist, a Voluntaryist...I am none. Or am of none. I do not subscribe to any religious dogma any more than I subscribe to any political dogma. I believe there is a force of energy that is so great it can create things from nothing, including the human life form. I don't believe that energy wants me to murder, be jealous, or be petty. I believe that I was created in that energies imagine, because I too am energy and energy never dies. Energy does not know heaven, nor does it know hell. Energy is immune to such stupidity.
You are quite weak in Philosophy obviously.

Philosophy is the thinking process that sorts all these "philosophical" questions through.

You should start with doing some research on Aristotle and "the prime mover".

Then you should read up on Aquinas and "the first cause".

Then you should read up on Descartes and "the evil genius".

Finally then you will be ready for Leibniz and "the best of all possible worlds".

That should help you understand the issues and answers better.

In the meantime your intellect is little more than a 5 year old preschool child on this topic.

To posit there is no evidence of existence is not the same as demanding evidence of non existence. As any devotee of the FSM will tell you.
Agreed. Again though, Agnosticism is the only logical point of view. To assume something because there is no evidence of it is illogical regardless if that assumption is a belief or disbelief in something beyond the physical.

Asking for evidence before believing or disbelieving is fine. Similar to Schrödinger's cat, we don't know the answer. To assume one way or another is just an unprovable (at this time) guess.

Then what are auras?

Not sure about that. We are all connected in one way or another. There's a lot of odd stuff going on with quantum physics. Pantheists believe the Universe itself is God. Panenthiests believe God is both the Universe and everything outside of it. If so, that would be one reason to understand why we are all connected.
Buddhism and Hinduism is a form of pantheism.

And heretical influences in Christianity have tried to make it pantheist since about the 3rd Century AD as well.

Agreed. Again though, Agnosticism is the only logical point of view. To assume something because there is no evidence of it is illogical regardless if that assumption is a belief or disbelief in something beyond the physical.

Asking for evidence before believing or disbelieving is fine. Similar to Schrödinger's cat, we don't know the answer. To assume one way or another is just an unprovable (at this time) guess.
What are you agreeing with?

Use quotes please so we can tell what you are trying to say.

I worry for your eternal life ... even if you don't know about it.

Frankly, it is your egotism that will doom you. To believe that you are the most intelligent being will be your downfall. It's not your place to question God, only to question your own fallibility.

When the day comes, one of us will be right -- and one of us will be wrong. If I'm wrong, I have lost nothing. But, you ... if you're wrong, you're fucked.
What is really funny and ironic is that the OP has the intellect of a 5 year old preschool child in reality.

Buddhism and Hinduism is a form of pantheism.

And heretical influences in Christianity have tried to make it pantheist since about the 3rd Century AD as well.
Christianity has evolved greatly ever since that particular Friday afternoon (and subsequent Sunday morning) about 2000 years ago. Christ's divinity, the Trinity and all the concepts written outside of the Gospels are all parts of that evolution. Anything that didn't fit in the paradigm of dominate church leaders of the early years, especially after the Council of Nicaea, was deemed heretical and offenders were burned alive. Not very Christian of them IMHO.

Witch-scene4.JPG

What are you agreeing with?

Use quotes please so we can tell what you are trying to say.
I did quote it. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? WTF? Get some coffee. Eat a fucking donut or something.

"To posit there is no evidence of existence is not the same as demanding evidence of non existence. As any devotee of the FSM will tell you."

This is also the fault of the Jews since their scientists split and then recombined the atom.
What the fuck does that have to do with it? Jesus was Jewish. How do we know?

1. He went into his father's business
2. He lived at home until the age of 33
3. He was sure his mother was a virgin, and his mother was sure he was God.

Forum List

Back