Is There A God?

Atheists share much in common with religious believers. If one believes god does not exist, without clear and convincing evidence, one is a believer, much like a religionist.
If one does not believe gods exist without clear and convincing evidence, one is evidence driven, not a fantasist.

Atheists share much in common with religious believers. If one believes god does not exist, without clear and convincing evidence, one is a believer, much like a religionist.
If one does not believe gods exist without clear and convincing evidence, one is evidence driven, not a fantasist.
Nah, you can't prove God does not exist: you have neither the language, nor abstract symols, not empirical data to support the claim. You are a believer.

...Now, that's all a bit confusing to me. How can he love us and then punish us in hell for all eternity if we don't obey his laws? Always heard that love is unconditional; why is gods love conditional?....
God doesn't. You're conflating what God wants with what mankind thinks God wants. There's a difference.

.....Nearly all religions have three things in common: 1. They believe in a god. 2. Only their religions is right. 3. Fear.....
The Abrahamic religions are similar to this, but not "all religions".

Nah, you can't prove God does not exist:
I definitely believe the lack of evidence of gods' existence is shown by its lack. Feel free to provide evidence of such existence in order to refute my claim. Or concede to being a fantasist.

I definitely believe the lack of evidence of gods' existence is shown by its lack. Feel free to provide evidence of such existence in order to refute my claim. Or concede to being a fantasist.
You can believe as you wish, and that is evidence for your belief. Your belief operates as does a religionist. You are merely an anti-religionist.

Every scientist knows absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. The bottom line here is no one knows from whence the Universe came. If the science supported the Oscillating Universe theory, then it would be a stronger proof that nothing came before. Since the evidence indicates ours is a one-shot Universe with a definite beginning and a very cold, dead eventual end, then the question remains; What caused the Big Bang?

Scientifically answer this question with proof and I'll accept it. Until then, will you accept no one knows?:

34xq8w4.jpg

Every scientist knows absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Correct, it is evidence of lack of evidence. Evidence is that which can be shown, can be made evident. If it cannot be shown, there is no evidence. As in the case of gods' existence, which, without evidence, is fantasy. Like a fairy story.

God exists inside man.

I do not acknowledge a magical skylord, but I do recognize the existence of the human spirit within a pantheist reality. Many religions are just an extension of stoic though.

So to me... "God" is this spiritual energy we connect with. I have no reason to believe it judges you or condemns you or cares about you in any sort of way... it's simply there as a force to guide you on a path that seems to be inclined toward light and away from dark... toward goodness and away from evil. I don't believe in religions but I have no animosity toward them because at least these people (for the most part) are practicing and exercising spiritual awareness of some kind. I think humanity will forever be better off for that and wouldn't want to see a world devoid of it.

I understand your reasoning and logic. I wish you could connect with God's love and caring, which is indeed phenomenal. I suspect everything about God is.

Scientifically answer this question with proof and I'll accept it. Until then, will you accept no one knows?:
Of course no one knows. That's no excuse to fill the gap in knowledge with the god of gaps.

edit...science does not do proof, it does evidence and consensus. I cannot scientifically prove any theory.

Last edited:
Your belief operates as does a religionist.
Hoho. Now that's faith based dogma if ever I read it. Lack of evidence equals evidence.
1) Disagreed staunch atheists aren't religious. The only logical point of view is agnosticism.

2) Lack of evidence isn't evidence. By your logic, a lack of evidence you are a rapist and thief makes you a rapist and thief. Obviously that is not true. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. This is a scientific truism. Obviously you are very religious (i.e. illogical) in your atheism and know very little about science or logic.

Of course no one knows. That's no excuse to fill it with the god of gaps.

edit...science does not do proof, it does evidence and consensus. I cannot scientifically prove any theory.
Filling it with God reigning fire on Sodom is one thing. Believing there are powers beyond our understanding and an all encompassing power that unites the Universe is another.

You are a human being. A relatively simple organism compared to a star or our single galaxy. Do you think it is possible our galaxy can be intelligent? That, in comparison, we are mere cells in a larger being? Being an atheist is denying all of this. Being a staunch member of one religion also is denying this. Do you think there can be an in between?

Is There A God?
Yes, and he just answered a lot of prayers Tuesday, reinforcing my faith even more.

He sure did.He answerd all of our prayers. Just like he did with our founders in the Revolutionary War.
We blindsided all of Alinskys Radicals whose policies are harming all Americans.
We took our country back from them.
Amen

Every scientist knows absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. The bottom line here is no one knows from whence the Universe came. If the science supported the Oscillating Universe theory, then it would be a stronger proof that nothing came before. Since the evidence indicates ours is a one-shot Universe with a definite beginning and a very cold, dead eventual end, then the question remains; What caused the Big Bang?

34xq8w4.jpg
Every scientist knows that empirical data does not exist to refute or proved the existence of God.

You can make an argument for your point, and then you rely on . . . belief.

Of course no one knows. That's no excuse to fill the gap in knowledge with the god of gaps.

In your opinion, I guess.

By your logic, a lack of evidence you are a rapist and thief makes you a rapist and thief
No, that's Jake's logic. In my logic a lack of evidence you are a rapist and thief means there is no evidence you are a rapist and thief.

Forum List

Back