Zone1 Is the GOP at a Crossroads?

Trump will get convicted before election day. Haley knows that. That's why she's staying in the race
Even if he does I don’t think the RNC is going to pick her. She was running third to DeSantis and I doubt the people who cast ballots for Trump will switch to Haley in that event.

That is irrational rationalizing and fundamentally wrong on many levels and is really not critical thought at all. More like critically ill thought. Come on you can do better than that. 😊
So you believe you can be held liable for a crime that you were never charged or convicted of? LMAO. Irrational must be your new moniker. I forgot--the democrats can change terms at will--like insurrection for riot--even though no one has ever been charged or convicted of the crime of insurrection and no government agency has determined that one ever took place. Try again.

Maybe the Legislature, Courts, Judges, Juries to name a few.
There is a man on Death Row in TX who has always claimed he is innocent of murder. And if you hear his story, you ask about his jury, his judge and the court. A lot of posters think he is completely innocent., He is scheduled to die on Thursday coming.

So you believe you can be held liable for a crime that you were never charged or convicted of? LMAO. Irrational must be your new moniker. I forgot--the democrats can change terms at will--like insurrection for riot--even though no one has ever been charged or convicted of the crime of insurrection and no government agency has determined that one ever took place. Try again.
Trump was found liable by a jury of his peers and fined and as far as the law is concerned that is done. Now our laws also provide for appeal so he can take it to the next level. It his right and prerogative. Or legal system may not be great but it's what we have, and it beats some of the judicial systems in other parts of the world. It could use a lot of reformation itself.

There is a man on Death Row in TX who has always claimed he is innocent of murder. And if you hear his story, you ask about his jury, his judge and the court. A lot of posters think he is completely innocent., He is scheduled to die on Thursday coming.
There again the judicial system we have is all we have and until someone legislates for some serious reformation, we are stuck with it. It is better than most and not as good as others. I sincerely hope this man if truly innocent is released.

There again the judicial system we have is all we have and until someone legislates for some serious reformation, we are stuck with it. It is better than most and not as good as others. I sincerely hope this man if truly innocent is released.
And this flawed system is against Trump.

as far as the law is concerned that is done.
The appeals have not been heard---YET
Or legal system may not be great but it's what we have, and it beats some of the judicial systems in other parts of the world.
Our current DOJ does resemble a third world banana republic's judicial system. But no it does not resemble anything close to America's traditional juris prudence. Are you sure you live in MT? I'm surprised that you haven't been run out on a rail-----or.....

In some jurisdictions he would not be put to death. In TX he seems likely to die Thursday. A system you say we are stuck with but is better than most.

Grabbing women by the ***** is pretty unconventional.
You've NEVER SAID (not did) things in private that you'd be embarrassed over if they were made public?

You MAGATS are unbelievably dishonest. All you e said and done will be public come Judgement Day

The appeals have not been heard---YET

Our current DOJ does resemble a third world banana republic's judicial system. But no it does not resemble anything close to America's traditional juris prudence. Are you sure you live in MT? I'm surprised that you haven't been run out on a rail-----or.....
Yep, I live in Big Sky country, and it is red. My saving grace is the republicans here are also real neighborly folk who are very helpful and kind to one another. I mean come on there is only a million people in the whole state and we are the third largest state in the nation. Besides we are also the only state that has a regular democratic senator that is liked by both sides of the aisle. Go figure. It works. Gianforte is a butt head but oh well he's gone pretty soon anyway. He kind of trashed our property taxes so even the Republicans are mad at him right now.

He gets his news from the Daily KOS, do you need more discussion?
I get news from AP, Reuters, BBC, PBS, Al Jazeera, United Nations, SCOTUSblog, Amnesty International, The Hill, Mongabay, ProPublica, The Conversation, OCCRP, ICIJ, Montana Free Press, Daily Montanan and yes, I read Daily Kos, and I am also a contributor on Daily Kos.

Donald Trump won the South Carolina Republican primary, moving closer to the GOP nomination. Despite losing, Nikki Haley, the state's former governor, is not giving up, showing what appears to be deep differences within the Republican Party.

Trump's success in early primaries shows he has strong support. His strong stance on nationalism and immigration appeals to his loyal supporters.

Haley, however, is pushing for a return to classic conservative values. Despite her setback, she's still in the race, backed by extremely strong financial support and ready to face the long battle ahead, keeping an eye on Trump's legal issues.

Trump's lead in the primaries shows he's popular in the party, but it also raises questions about his ability to win over a wider range of voters, including those with college degrees and racial minorities. His controversial nature and legal problems could be hurdles in a national election, even though he has a lot of support from conservatives.

Is this situation a turning point for the Republican Party, making it think about its future path? Will it stick with Trump's style of politics, or try to reach more voters by going back to more traditional conservative ideas? Last, will Haley and her persistence to go to the end create a split vote in the GOP in the end result?
98% of Haley’s base are democrats and defense contractors

98% of Haley’s base are democrats and defense contractors
According to PolitiFact that is not entirely accurate. Haley's campaign appears to be courting not just Republicans but also undeclared and independent voters, with some outreach efforts targeting conservative Democrats. In New Hampshire, Haley has been focusing on appealing to the state's "undeclared voters," who are not affiliated with either major political party. New Hampshire has more undeclared voters than those registered with the two major parties, making them a significant demographic in the primary elections. As of December 28, 2023, there were 343,192 undeclared voters compared to 267,905 Republicans and 262,262 Democrats. Note: Registered Democrats cannot vote in New Hampshire’s Republican primary election.

Forum List

Back