Is the earth warming because the earth's rotation is 2 hours longer than 620 million years ago , so how much of temperature increase is man-made?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011

If you could venture back in time to the Neoproterozoic era, about 620 million years ago, you’d notice a radically different planet.
Most observable life forms would be alien-looking fronds and worms, and, if that didn’t send you running back to your time machine, you’d notice that even the days were different.
Hundreds of millions of years ago, a day was only about 22 hours long, the result of a planet spinning about its axis more rapidly than it is now.

For billions of years, Earth’s rotation has been gradually slowing down. It’s a process that continues to this day, and estimates suggest that the length of a day currently increases by about 1.8 milliseconds every century.
The day's length varies slightly from year to year, as well; the result of myriad forces both on and off Earth pushing and pulling at its rotation.

So based on this fact: "Each hour 430 quintillion Joules of energy from the sun hits the Earth.
So what is a "joule"? The SI unit of work or energy, equal to the work done by a force of one newton when its point of application moves one meter in the direction of action of the force, equivalent to 1 joule equal to one 3600th of a watt-hour. Joule - Wikipedia
430 quintillion times 2 more hours (Earth's rotation today is 24 hours) equals 860 quintillion joules or divided by 3,600 an increase of solar energy of
238,888,888,888,889,000 watts per day increased over the past when the sun only shown for 22 hours!
IS it possible that with the Sun shining longer than in the past that the earth's temperature would be increasing naturally and not totally due to man-made Co2?

One further FACT for utilization...
NOTE:
  • the human eyeball was used for nearly a century while standing outside in - 30º to +120º temperatures!
  • over 12% of Earth's surface was at one time NOT included in the temperature readings.
  • The readings were "adjusted" because of "urban" placements were artificially warmer, i.e. concrete, cars, heating, etc.
thermometerproblems.png

If you could venture back in time to the Neoproterozoic era, about 620 million years ago, you’d notice a radically different planet.
Most observable life forms would be alien-looking fronds and worms, and, if that didn’t send you running back to your time machine, you’d notice that even the days were different.
Hundreds of millions of years ago, a day was only about 22 hours long, the result of a planet spinning about its axis more rapidly than it is now.

For billions of years, Earth’s rotation has been gradually slowing down. It’s a process that continues to this day, and estimates suggest that the length of a day currently increases by about 1.8 milliseconds every century.
The day's length varies slightly from year to year, as well; the result of myriad forces both on and off Earth pushing and pulling at its rotation.

So based on this fact: "Each hour 430 quintillion Joules of energy from the sun hits the Earth.
So what is a "joule"? The SI unit of work or energy, equal to the work done by a force of one newton when its point of application moves one meter in the direction of action of the force, equivalent to 1 joule equal to one 3600th of a watt-hour. Joule - Wikipedia
430 quintillion times 2 more hours (Earth's rotation today is 24 hours) equals 860 quintillion joules or divided by 3,600 an increase of solar energy of
238,888,888,888,889,000 watts per day increased over the past when the sun only shown for 22 hours!
IS it possible that with the Sun shining longer than in the past that the earth's temperature would be increasing naturally and not totally due to man-made Co2?

Earths hottest average temperatures have predated man by millions and millions of years.

All that history is fine, but we still should cool the planet down a bit.

1665324043451.png

If the orbit back then is the same as the orbit today where it takes 365.25 of our days (24 hours a day) to make it around the sun the earth then it wouldn't matter whether the rotational spin was ...20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27,.... hours the earth would still receive the same amount of energy from the sun assuming the sun's energy output remains constant. Of course if the orbit is the same then at 22 hours to the day there'd be an extra month and a half each year to do the complete orbit and the days would be shorter.

The only difference, assuming the same output from the sun and same orbit, would be is that the faster the earth spins the more energy the earth itself will produce internally and the slower it spins the less energy the earth will produce internally.

So in the end your argument is an argument for the earth is growing cooler not warmer.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:

If the days are shorter it stands to reason that the years were longer so no net annual gain from shorter days. Irrelevant though since there are cycles within cycles that affect climate.

BTW, what does the cause matter? If I die from natural causes or man-made causes, I'm still dead.

If the days are shorter it stands to reason that the years were longer so no net annual gain from shorter days. Irrelevant though since there are cycles within cycles that affect climate.

BTW, what does the cause matter? If I die from natural causes or man-made causes, I'm still dead.
You raised a good point and I wonder if you can find any proof that a YEAR is 365.25 days is the same as a YEAR 620 million years ago.
"Scientifically, the year is a complete cycle of seasons.
A year is when the earth completes one full orbit of the sun. Its length is measured from one spring equinox to the next spring equinox."
That definition means a year could be longer or shorter than our current 365.25 days.
Please give me a link or some substantiation other than your subjective personal opinion.

You raised a good point and I wonder if you can find any proof that a YEAR is 365.25 days is the same as a YEAR 620 million years ago.
"Scientifically, the year is a complete cycle of seasons.
A year is when the earth completes one full orbit of the sun. Its length is measured from one spring equinox to the next spring equinox."
That definition means a year could be longer or shorter than our current 365.25 days.
Please give me a link or some substantiation other than your subjective personal opinion.
Some 4.5 billion years ago, our planet was around 50,000 kilometers closer to the Sun than it is today. The average distance between the Earth and the Moon is 384,400 km so the change is insignificant.

Some 4.5 billion years ago, our planet was around 50,000 kilometers closer to the Sun than it is today. The average distance between the Earth and the Moon is 384,400 km so the change is insignificant.
Unless you share your credentials declaring you an astrophysicist where is your proof for what you wrote? Why is it so difficult to provide links?
Besides... what has the moon got to do with any change if it is "insignificant"? Who mentioned anything about the moon?

Unless you share your credentials declaring you an astrophysicist where is your proof for what you wrote? Why is it so difficult to provide links?
Besides... what has the moon got to do with any change if it is "insignificant"? Who mentioned anything about the moon?
If you bothered to Google "Some 4.5 billion years ago, our planet was around 50,000 kilometers closer to the Sun than it is today" you'd find the article all by yourself.

I mentioned the moon to illustrate how insignificant 50,000 km is. You're not in middle school are you?

If you bothered to Google "Some 4.5 billion years ago, our planet was around 50,000 kilometers closer to the Sun than it is today" you'd find the article all by yourself.

I mentioned the moon to illustrate how insignificant 50,000 km is. You're not in middle school are you?
And so because you don't provide any links, think YOU are the most authoritative person, and continue to post without any scholarship characteristics, I consider you an idiot!
Between 4.6 and 3.9Ga (billion years) the crust was probably much warmer than at present as the Earth was cooling down.
Then if so why are you and your fellow idiots so considered about "global warming" if the Earth is cooler now than 4.5 billion years ago?
You can't have it both ways you know. Either the Earth was warmer or the Earth is getting warmer... which is it?

The process you are posting about has transpired slowly and consistently over thousands of years.

If it was the cause of global warming then global warming itself would have been occuring at the same rate over thousands of years.

If you look at global temp averages over the same time period, temps are relatively consistent until about a hundred years ago... coincidentally right about when global industrialization was starting up.

Based on these facts I find your speculation to be lacking and would be much more inclined to believe it is due to this same industrialization.

The process you are posting about has transpired slowly and consistently over thousands of years.

If it was the cause of global warming then global warming itself would have been occuring at the same rate over thousands of years.

If you look at global temp averages over the same time period, temps are relatively consistent until about a hundred years ago... coincidentally right about when global industrialization was starting up.

Based on these facts I find your speculation to be lacking and would be much more inclined to believe it is due to this same industrialization.
Who are you? What is YOUR expertise to make such bold UNDOCUMENTED statements? Why is it a problem to provide a link or substantiation?
I mean I went to college and was taught to trust but verify! I mean why do the scientific papers have hundreds if not thousands links!
The major parts of a research paper are abstract,Introduction,review of literature,research methods,findings and analysis,discussion,limitations,future scope and references.
So why can't you just provide a simple link? So hard to do??? Prove it!

And so because you don't provide any links, think YOU are the most authoritative person, and continue to post without any scholarship characteristics, I consider you an idiot!
Not authoritative just not so lazy I won't do my own homework.

Between 4.6 and 3.9Ga (billion years) the crust was probably much warmer than at present as the Earth was cooling down.
Then if so why are you and your fellow idiots so considered about "global warming" if the Earth is cooler now than 4.5 billion years ago?
You can't have it both ways you know. Either the Earth was warmer or the Earth is getting warmer... which is it?
So, after demonstrating your ignorance (and arrogance) in one subject you switch to another subject you know just as little about? Best of luck to you, I'm done.

Not authoritative just not so lazy I won't do my own homework.

So, after demonstrating your ignorance (and arrogance) in one subject you switch to another subject you know just as little about? Best of luck to you, I'm done.
Just as I thought! Not only ignorant of scholarly discipline, but evidently just plain lazy. What "subject" are you describing?
And then you phonily say "best of luck". That is about as stupid as saying after insulting a person..."have a nice day"! Means crap.
What you've done is prove how people like you are truly ignorant. You put up a personal, subjective, opinion as if it is a fact.
And finally of course you say you are "done"!
Your contributions are proven to be totally inaccurate because YOU are so pompous you think just because you say it it is true!

Forum List

Back