Is the culture war new?

This also applies to Poland and the south of the Russian Empire. Cossacks and Hussars lived there, and they had a strict patriarchy. What is now spreading in the media about the "dashing Cossacksress" with sabers and horseback is a lie. There is not a single real photograph of this kind. They were not even trusted with money, and the men never came to the stove, they could only cook food on a war hike. If a man did the housework, it was considered a shame.

Last edited:
Nevertheless, the Cossack wives were proud of their origins. They were much higher than peasant women, including in wealth and rank. The peasants apparently had many vestiges of matriarchy, where a woman could be equal to a man or even head of family, especially if a man was an alcoholic.
Peasants used to live in communities, this is also the legacy of the communist Old Europe

It would be interesting to compare this with the culture of cowboys. Does anyone know cowboys family tradition?
Both of these peoples come from a pastoral equestrian culture.

There was no bronze or iron in this region, they only partially borrowed it from the La Tene culture. They lived in the Neolithic economics. They did not even have a wheel, they used images of the wheel as an object of religious worship at a certain time.

It doesn't matter. In all areas of the world there were tribes which worked as small societies, people who moved around, some settled, some made big cities (for their time).

What is common is that there were hierarchies within such societies, it was not Communism with common leadership, no person above any other person. No where did that exist, as far as I know.

What is common is that there were hierarchies within such societies, it was not Communism
Communism has a hierarchy of power. There is management there and the apparatus serves it

In theory, there may be no property(material) stratification, but in practice it is always populism. It makes no difference whether what you use is considered your personal or private property.

Last edited:
On the other hand, in patriarchal military cultures, the material wealth of the aristocracy was never an end in itself, they did not value luxury. For them, it was only a matter of the quality of military equipment, they were unpretentious, spent their whole lives on campaigns, slept on the ground and ate stale bread.

Communism has a hierarchy of power. There is management there and the apparatus serves it

In theory, there may be no property(material) stratification, but in practice it is always populism. It makes no difference whether what you use is considered your personal or private property.

Nope. Proper Communism doesn't. Everyone is equal.

The reality is when countries have been "Communist countries" they're working TOWARDS Communism, rather than being Communist.

Nope. Proper Communism doesn't. Everyone is equal
who will organize the work of the slaves?
The reality is when countries have been "Communist countries" they're working TOWARDS Communism, rather than being Communist.

exactly lol

Excerpts from the diary of the party and trade union worker Nikolai Andreevich Ribkovsky, which he kept during the Leningrad blockade

November 6, 1941 “I would have to walk from the theater. The trams did not go. Volodarsky Avenue up to Nekrasovskaya Street is covered with shards of broken glass ... Wipers hang out flags "
February 1, 1942 “Putting the rope on the coffin, the woman came in from behind, leaned her chest on the coffin and fell ... I was already late for the plenum of the Petrograd district party committee, I was in a hurry. Helped to give a lift to the block. "

July 24, 1942 "Near the Oktyabrsky railway station there are huge pools of blood, the limbs of human bodies are bloody pieces of meat in scraps of matter ..."

December 1, 1942 “Today, following the example of others, I have renewed my felt boots. How good it is for your feet! Softly, and most importantly warm. Vorontsov helped out with a warm hat ... True, the hat is not bold, but warm ... It turns out that I have also prepared for the winter ... Both the City Committee and the Leningrad Executive Committee are now paying extremely serious attention to everyday and cultural services for workers in winter conditions "

March 5, 1942 “For three days now I have been in the hospital of the city party committee.
[...]
Every day meat - lamb, ham, chicken, goose, turkey, sausage; fish - bream, herring, smelt, and fried, and boiled, and aspic. Caviar, balyk, cheese, pies, cocoa, coffee, tea, three hundred grams of white and the same amount of black bread per day, thirty grams of butter, and to all this, fifty grams of grape wine, good port for lunch and dinner.

they're working TOWARDS Communism, rather than being Communist.
In fact, the system of the USSR in the 30s was already completely communist. There, full planning was introduced, including the compulsory distribution of the working fund. Everything there was already according to Marx. After the war, especially under Khrushchev, there was already, on the contrary, a departure from the principles of Marx. The workers themselves chose their place of work, сollective farmers were given passports and so on.

who will organize the work of the slaves?

exactly lol

Excerpts from the diary of the party and trade union worker Nikolai Andreevich Ribkovsky, which he kept during the Leningrad blockade

November 6, 1941 “I would have to walk from the theater. The trams did not go. Volodarsky Avenue up to Nekrasovskaya Street is covered with shards of broken glass ... Wipers hang out flags "
February 1, 1942 “Putting the rope on the coffin, the woman came in from behind, leaned her chest on the coffin and fell ... I was already late for the plenum of the Petrograd district party committee, I was in a hurry. Helped to give a lift to the block. "

July 24, 1942 "Near the Oktyabrsky railway station there are huge pools of blood, the limbs of human bodies are bloody pieces of meat in scraps of matter ..."

December 1, 1942 “Today, following the example of others, I have renewed my felt boots. How good it is for your feet! Softly, and most importantly warm. Vorontsov helped out with a warm hat ... True, the hat is not bold, but warm ... It turns out that I have also prepared for the winter ... Both the City Committee and the Leningrad Executive Committee are now paying extremely serious attention to everyday and cultural services for workers in winter conditions "

March 5, 1942 “For three days now I have been in the hospital of the city party committee.
[...]
Every day meat - lamb, ham, chicken, goose, turkey, sausage; fish - bream, herring, smelt, and fried, and boiled, and aspic. Caviar, balyk, cheese, pies, cocoa, coffee, tea, three hundred grams of white and the same amount of black bread per day, thirty grams of butter, and to all this, fifty grams of grape wine, good port for lunch and dinner.

With Communism there are no slaves, everyone is equal.

Well, no state has ever achieved Communism. So I'm not sure what your quotes are all about.

In fact, the system of the USSR in the 30s was already completely communist. There, full planning was introduced, including the compulsory distribution of the working fund. Everything there was already according to Marx. After the war, especially under Khrushchev, there was already, on the contrary, a departure from the principles of Marx. The workers themselves chose their place of work, сollective farmers were given passports and so on.

No, the USSR was never "completely communist" at all. Impossible, as they had Stalin as a dictator. That automatically rules that one out.

the system of the USSR in the 30s was already completely communist

On the contrary, communism is not possible without a dictatorship. You confused it with anarchism

No, it wasn't.

What do you think Communism is?

"Communism (from Latin communis, 'common, universal')[1][2] is a philosophical, social, political, and economic ideology and movement whose goal is the establishment of a communist society, namely a socioeconomic order structured upon the ideas of common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money,[3][4] and the state."

Quite a nice way of putting it from Wikipedia.

"A communist society is characterized by common ownership of the means of production with free access[1][2] to the articles of consumption and is classless and stateless,[3] implying the end of the exploitation of labour."

Well, that certainly was NOT the USSR.

Probably Marx avoided touching on the topic of power in communism. Of course, from the point of view of power, the administration is not equal to the workers. Оne gives orders to the other, the other carries them out, there is no equality.Therefore, in order to avoid questions, he preferred not to talk about it.

They are there, only they are called proletarians or members of the commune there.
He is not free and he must work. This is a slave.

Well, I'm not sure you know what Communism is. So, I'm thinking you're taking Stalinist USSR as your example and going from there. Which leads you to make wrong turns right from the start.

Well, I'm not sure you know what Communism is. So, I'm thinking you're taking Stalinist USSR as your example and going from there. Which leads you to make wrong turns right from the start.
Nobody knows what it is, somebody can say that communism is a cucumber-cherry cocktail. I'm talking about the Marx system.

Forum List

Back