Happy Halloween

that-is-of-the-devil.jpg

Large acreage lots where I live so people pull a dozen kids on trailers behind ATV's and tractors to bring kids to houses. Seen some decked out with lights and hay with Halloween themes.
Houses go crazy with decorations.
The county seat Anoka claims to be the Halloween Capitol of the world being the first to have a town celebration...
When the kids were young I used to really go all out on the outdoor display.

Well, done handing out the candy. Only had 9 groups but it is a nippy windy sunday. There was one little guy who made it worth it even if he had been the only one. Maybe 4 years old with a smile from ear to ear he was so excited for trick or treating in his Sheriff Woody outfit.

Well, done handing out the candy. Only had 9 groups but it is a nippy windy sunday. There was one little guy who made it worth it even if he had been the only one. Maybe 4 years old with a smile from ear to ear he was so excited for trick or treating in his Sheriff Woody outfit.
Really slow here tonight.
Last year had big groups of kids come through.
Pretty cold and windy here too.

I had over twenty myself and now I'm ready to party!!! :WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

This is the feast of Saman, the Horned God of the Celts. He drives out the evil old woman Kerlech, and winter begins to recede. Apparently it was original on the day of the winter equinox.

Saman was apparently an analogue of the Asian and American Shaman, from whom shamanism originated in Siberia and the American continent.

Oddly enough, this god with the same name and with similar functions is in Sri Lanka

Has variants Samain and Samhain.
It was the god of the witches who were executed by the church.

The word hell means the sun, here and the sun god Helios
The devil is a distortion from the ancient Aryan Dyaus - "heavenly", probably the same as Saman. Hence in English the word divine (dev / div is just grammatic flexion like in irregular verbs)

Forum List

Back