Is the confederate flag really racist ??

People just want to argue- the second amendment, as an example, clearly states, shall not be infringed- I have read 2500 word essays arguing about that that means- idiots.

You tell me ???

I have always viewed it as a flag of southern heritage and culture??
Most white southerners did not own slaves and most only went to war as defensive measures?

If I was a black guy ?? Maybe I see the flag as slavery and oppression

Make your case
What's your gut reaction when someone displays a swastika?

And here's some light reading for you if you're interested in what one state had to say about why it was seceding from the Union:
DECLARATION OF CAUSES: February 2, 1861 A declaration of the causes which impel the State of Texas to secede from the Federal Union. | TSLAC
Swastika flag was invented by the Nazis so it would make sense to think nazis when seeing one.
Confederate flag was invented in previous wars---and it was more about home pride than anything else.
Secondly the whole confederate war was about state rights verses fed rights, and slavery or ending it was about punishing the south not what the war was actually over as union states also still had slaves. Its Not everyone else's fault that those who hate the flag are just flat out uneducated and stupid.

Last edited:
You tell me ???

Most white southerners did not own slaves and most only went to war as defensive measures?

Make your case

And here's some light reading for you if you're interested in what one state had to say about why it was seceding from the Union:
DECLARATION OF CAUSES: February 2, 1861 A declaration of the causes which impel the State of Texas to secede from the Federal Union. | TSLAC
Swastika flag was invented by the Nazis so it would make sense to think nazis when seeing one.
Confederate flag was invented in previous wars---and it was more about home pride than anything else.
Secondly the whole confederate war was about state rights verses fed rights, and slavery or ending it was about punishing the south not what the war was actually over as union states also still had slaves. Not everyone else fault that those hate the flag are just flat out uneducated and stupid.
What a load of self serving codswallop. The right of states to form a government based on the inferiority of the Black man. I mean, they said it out loud.

What a load of self serving codswallop. The right of states to form a government based on the inferiority of the Black man. I mean, they said it out loud.

The Confederacy was almost 40 percent slave and built a government to ensure they remain that way forever

Yet it is infringed. Whoever would have thought?
And it is argued- simple English eludes a lot of people who pretend it is an esoteric endeavor- making inanimate objects responsible and alive, i.e., flags, guns, pieces of god damn paper, (the constitution), the rule of law being EO's (the edict of man), left is right, right is left, up is down, down is up, white is black, black is white, liberty is what our betters say it is, free is being enslaved to-

To me, it all depends on the owner and how they choose to look at whatever is in question. When I see a rainbow, I think of the Lord and his promise where the 40 day flood is concerned when so many people on this planet are only think of the LGBT community when they see a rainbow.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

This is a no-brainer.

No matter what one may think about a certain ethnicity, in 2021 there is NO excuse to display any kind of Confederate flag.

You mean that you can celebrate something or a part of something, without having to accept EVERYTHING, that went with it?

What a shock.

Hitler built the Volkswagen and Mussolini made the trains run on time.
We still do not celebrate them

FDR put japs in concentration camps, and you people celebrate him.

Does that mean you support concentration camps?

You mean that you can celebrate something or a part of something, without having to accept EVERYTHING, that went with it?

What a shock.

People still drive VW's, and they still ride on scheduled railroads.

And those are the official symbols of those deceased leaders.

You tell me ???

Make your case

Secondly the whole confederate war was about state rights verses fed rights, and slavery or ending it was about punishing the south not what the war was actually over as union states also still had slaves. Not everyone else fault that those hate the flag are just flat out uneducated and stupid.
3 count them. union states had slaves when the war started. Ergo having slaves is not the reason for the war...
It was taxes on imports/exports which hit the southern states harder---much harder.

Slavery was only an issue for the new states coming into the union, It wasn't that big of deal.

This said if you bothered to educate yourself about history.....the civil war was actually started by a drunk or two on the confederate side firing at Ft Sumpter yankees which "started" the war if you must know. An act of stupidity from lower ranks which in actuality neither really wanted or intended. YOU MAY want to research further btw as the lenghts that each side went to to avoid killing one another after the shots was fire was rather telling.

What a shock.

FDR put japs in concentration camps, and you people celebrate him.

Does that mean you support concentration camps?

Yet very few at the time opposed putting Japanese into camps. Not Republicans in Congress, not the Supreme Court and certainly not the American Public
After all, the Japanese had bombed Pearl Harbor and you had no idea what they would do next

As far as I know, it's not illegal to wave the Confederate flag.

But my question is ... why would anybody who isn't a racist even want to wave that flag, when it's obvious that waving it invites massive misunderstandings at best and will inevitably make many observers question your motivations?

I'd say, if you don't want to be lumped together with racists, you better don't wave that flag in the first place, if you don't feel like having lots of explaining to do...

A piece of cloth can't be racist any more than a gun by itself will kill-
Is that like the way that a piece of cloth can't represent a country. That people never pledge allegiance to a piece of cloth?

Forum List

Back