Is the American divisive, hateful and intolerant culture pushing psychotics over the edge?

I've been saying here for years that it will take enough well-known people from a variety of areas -- government, popular culture, business, MEDIA, sports, social groups -- to say "enough is enough" and start a movement of their own. We're a celebrity-driven culture, and maybe that would help in some way.

My hopes are dwindling, but I'm still hopeful. I think it's more likely that we do our own Balkanization and be more like Europe, where going from state to state will be much more obvious, with clear differences in laws and norms. The continent dividing within itself. What a fucking shame.

E Pluribus Unum may be dead, and it will have been an entirely self-inflicted wound.
Yeah. I think it's going to take someone, from within one of the two major.parties, to recognize the value of consensus. But it's going to be an uphill battle. Neither party seems interested in that approach.

Yeah. I think it's going to take someone, from within one of the two major.parties, to recognize the value of consensus. But it's going to be an uphill battle. Neither party seems interested in that approach.
Bill Maher is trying to do that. I am not a Maher fan.
But it is impossible to not notice over the past couple months his language and stated opinions are very different than before. In particular, he is clearly going after wokism, the insane transfad and the binary thinking of the American populace.
He can't be the only one doing this.
Tucker Carlson would be another good opportunity to do this. He has a huge audience. If he could just tone down the anti-Democrat mantra and just start talking issues and bringing the nation togeter rather than be yet another divisive talking head

You have gone on and one and not one word of it is true. You've just rehashed the Republicans lies and Russian propaganda. No matter how many times you repeat it, it's still a lie, just like the stolen election.

You demonize leftists and spew hate. It's what YOU do.
Heil Shitler! Long live EmperorShitzHizPantz.

I cannot demonize a group of people that HATE GOD, Hate America, Hates Christians and Jews and Israel.

You damned your own damn self, heathen!

Don't you have some work to do contracting with Russia or China to attempt to rig another election for The DemNazis through Russian Collusion of Scamdemic Lockdowns and Illegal Election Law Changes.

Better get stuffing ballot boxes like you stuff your face with pie and your bra with tissue paper.

I'd separate politics from the creation of young homicidal psychopaths. As ugly and divisive and destructive as our politics have become, I think these are two different issues.

I do not agree. Everything has become political in our country, and our politics are one of hate and division. In general we no longer see people form the other party as Americans, they are not the enemy to be destroyed. How could this not rub off on those that already have mental issues?

Just look at this thread, it is filled with hat and attacks against the "other side"

Imagine being a young person reading this forum, how could not be filled with the same hate these people are so proud of?

Discussion points -
In the past 10 years anti-depressant prescriptions have increase 3000%. Is this helping or hurting?
In the past 5 years alone, violent crime is at an all time high. Increasing as much as 28% in one year alone in some cities.
Teen suicide: Why?
View attachment 650459

The divisive politics, Americans literally hating other Americans and believing they are worse than terrorist.. the cause of all problems in America. What is this mindset doing to the mentally ill?

It's not your politics that is setting Americans against each other. It's the "dog eat dog" nature of your economy. Republicans believe that giving money, health care, and "free shit" to poor people, destroys the incentive to work, and encourages sloth and freeloading.

When Ronald Reagan was elected, a poor child had a 20% chance of getting a good education and working his/her way out of poverty. Today's child has less than a 2% chance of making it happen. Your society has stratified according to race, education and zipcode. Where you are born, and how wealthy your parents are, will determine your chances of success - not your ability or your work ethic.

Since the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act were passed, which on paper, ended racial discrimination in housing, employment, and education, we have seen the "re-segregation" of America. Red-lining has keep neighbourhoods from integrating. Charter and Religious schools have systematically re-segregated the schools. I have had American parents tell me that they send their children to religious schools to keep them from "mixing" with black kids.

Education is the great divider, and inner city students have less funding due to the lower tax bases. Buildings are crumbling, teachers pay is so bad it attracts few talented teachers, and there aren't enough text books or computers for all students. There are fewer athletic programs and other extra-curriccular activities leading to university scholarships in inner city schools. Graduation rates are low and the number of students who go on to post-secondary education is even lower.

Poverty and lack of opportunity is driving your crime rates, and poverty is rising in the USA as the government funnels more and more money to the wealthy via tax cuts, and wages which have stagnated for 40 years.

In all of the other First World Democracies, we have "cradle to the grave social programs, and we take care of the elderly. Canadian seniors have a guaranteed income of just over $1700 per month. Low income parents receive a "child tax benefit" of up to $500 per month per child. Our Employment Insurance pays 55% of income for up to 39 weeks after your employment ends, and has education programs, income supports and training for new businesses built in so that you can go back to school to upgrade your skills and receive benefits while learning.

Canada didn't have the same level of worker displacement or unemployment as the Rust Belt in the USA when our Big 3 Auto plants all packed up and went to Mexico. We retrained the workers, for jobs in the 21st Century, and Oshawa, where nearly everyone living there either worked for GM or was supplying GM didn't go through anything like what happened in Detroit after the jobs left.

The Canadian government provides the education, infrastructure, and income supports to help its citizens succeed. The USA hobbles low income workers and their families and refuses to give them a hand up, believing that if they do, they're lose their desire to work. But giving money to rich people helps create jobs. Both of these basic beliefs are utterly false.

It simply increases poverty, desperation, crime and violence.

Heil Shitler! Long live EmperorShitzHizPantz.

I cannot demonize a group of people that HATE GOD, Hate America, Hates Christians and Jews and Israel.

You damned your own damn self, heathen!

Don't you have some work to do contracting with Russia or China to attempt to rig another election for The DemNazis through Russian Collusion of Scamdemic Lockdowns and Illegal Election Law Changes.

Better get stuffing ballot boxes like you stuff your face with pie and your bra with tissue paper.

Tree is a prime example of the hatred of the right.

Democrats don't hate God. More than 60% of Democrats are Christians. I don't know of any American Democrats who hate America, God, Jews or Israel as Tree claims. A number of them are Jewish and one of them is currently married to an Israeli man and they go back and forth.

The Bible says Judge not lest you be judged, Tree. And when you judge others, the punishment you damn them to, will be visited on YOU, not them. You need to read the Bible and what it tells you Tree. Some of the "god hating leftists" on this board are former Sunday School teachers who KNOW that the supposedly religious rants you post are actually bullshit and not based on ANYTHING Biblical. They're based on your own ignorance, hatred and viciousness.

Love one another as I have loved you.

I do not agree. Everything has become political in our country, and our politics are one of hate and division. In general we no longer see people form the other party as Americans, they are not the enemy to be destroyed. How could this not rub off on those that already have mental issues?

Just look at this thread, it is filled with hat and attacks against the "other side"

Imagine being a young person reading this forum, how could not be filled with the same hate these people are so proud of?
I can see that. The two may be fusing together.

It's not your politics that is setting Americans against each other. It's the "dog eat dog" nature of your economy.
No. It's the politics. Both parties have evolved along similar lines; they both now view government in essentially the same way - as a tool to control society. Each has a vision of how they want to shape society, and they're willing to burn it all to the ground if they can't get their way. This links up with the "culture war" and media fear mongering and creates an atmosphere of perpetual cold civil war.

This simply doesn't work in a diverse, pluralistic society. With so many different cultures and values at play, "live and let live" isn't an ideal. It's a practical necessity.

You should really learn to read before the next rhetorical bowel movement.

The hate and vitriol in Canada is nothing compared to what's going on in this country.

No it's not, but that's not because we don't have deep divisions being fanned by a political party which is willing to overthrow the government to retain power.

Nor do we have a billionaire owned right wing media lying to their viewers/readers daily. The closest thing to it was when Conrad Black started the National Post, but he's long gone.

I watched a bit of FOX News coverage of the shooting in Texas. It was shameful. Blaming Joe Biden all the way, in the strongest possible terms. The Mercers and the Murdochs are pushing an anti-immigrant, anti-democratic agenda because they want a white nationalist authoritarian government and they're lying to the American people to try to achieve it.

Any attempt to force them to STOP LYING about stolen elections, voter fraud, and immigration issues, is met with howls of "Freedom of speech".

I stopped reading to ask this question when I got to the part about collagen. My question is, how do you know that collagen can only remain in fossilized dinosaur bones for a few thousand years? I mean, did someone a few thousand years ago start this experiment, and then after generations upon generations of scientists examining the same bone, someone recently noticed that the collagen was finally absent? The reason I ask is because if you're going to throw out radio carbon dating based on the inability to corroborate the temporal range, then doesn't the same thing apply to your observation about the deterioration of collagen? I get it, there's no way for anybody to definitively test a hypothesis that would require observations spanning thousands or even millions of years. But therein lies the rub, you can't disprove one such hypothesis by substituting another one with the same problem.

That said, you may enjoy reading Anatoly Fomenko's book titled "New Chronology." Very interesting stuff. I could totally believe how our concept of the history of earth is temporally inaccurate, we'll never know.
Collagen has a specific and known decay rate. Unlike something like Carbon 14 which can be affected by things like volcanism, and other cataclysmic events or even a nuclear explosion, we know that collagen has an observed decay rate, and we also know that soft tissue can only be preserved for so long before it becomes completely mineralized. So factually there is NO WAY dinosaurs fossils are millions of years old. They are only a few thousand years old at best even if they are sealed in an anoxic environment.

CARBON 14 Half Life can be changed

Yes, the decay half-life of a radioactive material can be changed. Radioactive decay happens when an unstable atomic nucleus spontaneously changes to a lower-energy state and spits out a bit of radiation. This process changes the atom to a different element or a different isotope.Apr 27, 2015

The reason these dinosaur bones are found with soft tissue, blood vessels, marrow, and collagen inside of them is because of rapid burial. This was the result of a global flood.

There are so called Killing Fields which are not talked about in main stream science which stretch for thousands upon thousands of miles which can only be explained by massive flooding and simultaneous burial or as The Bible states (The Fountains of the Deep Burst Forth).

These are usually found in valleys low lying areas or areas that once were valleys before geologic uplift.
One look at the Ocean floor will show you that our Earth was literally ripped apart during The Flood Event, and the internal hydrosphere was ruptured and as since it was under pressure from the crust must have erupted to tremendous heights before subsiding. Not only was the atmosphere's vapor canopy destroyed by this cataclysmic event but so was the internal hydrosphere destroyed by the same event.

1653659668029.png

1653659690359.png

This is why you find fish and clam fossils along with dinosaur fossils in valleys, and why you find marine fossils in the mountains.

The entire planet went though an upheaval during The Flood and the continents were ripped apart to what you see today. This did not happen over millions of years, but over a short period of time. It is estimated that our current plates moved away from each other at 3 mph at this time. Knowing this, t is a wonder any life survived at all. Perhaps there was an ark or something upon the water which could have preserved just enough life, and had just enough food to get by until the disaster was over to start again? That might be one way to do it, no?

Note below this map of ancient waterways in North America. What you will find is that this correlates with North America's Large Band of Fossil Deposits in the map below it. Also note in places like The Grand Canyon, Royal Gorge, Snake Canyon and other similar features that these deposits were laid down rapidly, and then the canyons also were carved out rapidly by flooding events. The theory of uniformity is just that a theory. Nature is not uniform like that, at least not in it's present chaotic form.

When the flood occurred all the dead animals and plants were deposited in mostly low lying areas and covered with deep deposits of silt and sand. Dinosaurs were not swimming around in these ancient seas. They were washed into them and buried.

1653660024614.png

1653660219348.png

Also, do not confuse Fossil Deposits with Fossil Fuel. There is no such thing as Fossil Fuel. That is a 150 year old outdated theory created because someone found coal near a fossil deposit and figured that one was associated with the other. Hydrocarbon Fuel is Abiotic and is created in The Earth's Massive Distillery by sublimation of our Carbon Rich Plates in to the mantle where under heat and pressure Natural Gas, Petro, Tar or Pitch and Coal are formed. Under pressure, the hydrocarbons are forced up through fissures in to the crust and into permeable rock and places like salt domes and become trapped there where they can accumulate and then be collected by humans.

Coal for instance is nothing more than ancient Hydrocarbon deposits that under pressure, and no longer being refreshed from it's original source solidifies into what appears to be a solid. Coal is not actually a solid. It is solidified oil or tar deposits. Burn some coal sometime. What does it smell like? Burning Oil or burning Tar.

Last edited:
No it's not, but that's not because we don't have deep divisions being fanned by a political party which is willing to overthrow the government to retain power.

Nor do we have a billionaire owned right wing media lying to their viewers/readers daily. The closest thing to it was when Conrad Black started the National Post, but he's long gone.

I watched a bit of FOX News coverage of the shooting in Texas. It was shameful. Blaming Joe Biden all the way, in the strongest possible terms. The Mercers and the Murdochs are pushing an anti-immigrant, anti-democratic agenda because they want a white nationalist authoritarian government and they're lying to the American people to try to achieve it.

Any attempt to force them to STOP LYING about stolen elections, voter fraud, and immigration issues, is met with howls of "Freedom of speech".
You are a troll, and a perfect example of the kind of binary thinking and tribal politics that is destroying this country.
STFU

No. It's the politics. Both parties have evolved along similar lines; they both now view government in essentially the same way - as a tool to control society. Each has a vision of how they want to shape society, and they're willing to burn it all to the ground if they can't get their way. This links up with the "culture war" and media fear mongering and creates an atmosphere of perpetual cold civil war.

This simply doesn't work in a diverse, pluralistic society. With so many different cultures and values at play, "live and let live" isn't an ideal. It's a practical necessity.

I disagree strongly with the whole "control" argument which is, IMO, a Republican red herring to demonize Democrats, and frighten their base into believing covid isn't a real danger. There is real financial value to the American oligarchs who own right wing media to keep the pandemic going, especially since Trump lost the election because of his mishandling of the pandemic.

The right frames sensible public health measures as "freedom" issues. The phasing out of incandescent light bulbs in favour of compact florescent bulbs was a "loss of freedom". That's how right wing media framed it. Democrats were taking away your "freedom" by banning incandescent bulbs.

You are a troll, and a perfect example of the kind of binary thinking and tribal politics that is destroying this country.
STFU

You know NOTHING about me. You're simply projecting your own agenda and tribalism onto me. And then you tell me to shut up. Talk about trolling.

I disagree strongly with the whole "control" argument which is, IMO, a Republican red herring to demonize Democrats, and frighten their base into believing covid isn't a real danger. There is real financial value to the American oligarchs who own right wing media to keep the pandemic going, especially since Trump lost the election because of his mishandling of the pandemic.

The right frames sensible public health measures as "freedom" issues. The phasing out of incandescent light bulbs in favour of compact florescent bulbs was a "loss of freedom". That's how right wing media framed it. Democrats were taking away your "freedom" by banning incandescent bulbs.
Ahh ... so, if we could only get rid of "the right", and all those people whining about freedom, everything would be hunky dory. What do you propose, genocide?

I've been saying here for years that it will take enough well-known people from a variety of areas -- government, popular culture, business, MEDIA, sports, social groups -- to say "enough is enough" and start a movement of their own. We're a celebrity-driven culture, and maybe that would help in some way.

My hopes are dwindling, but I'm still hopeful. I think it's more likely that we do our own Balkanization and be more like Europe, where going from state to state will be much more obvious, with clear differences in laws and norms. The continent dividing within itself. What a fucking shame.

E Pluribus Unum may be dead, and it will have been an entirely self-inflicted wound.
Or we could bring back the Fairness Doctrine that Raygun ended and bring back DEBATE to political shows and a lot of internet junk...Murdoch and internet and even CNN punditocracy. Bring back foreign offices and reporters and NEWS.

You know NOTHING about me. You're simply projecting your own agenda and tribalism onto me. And then you tell me to shut up. Talk about trolling.

Did I say I knew you?
No.
I said you are a troll here.
Your posting here is exactly what I said it was. One sided. 100% One sided. Always.
That is called binary thinking. By definition.
That is also exactly what tribalism is. Exactly.

Ahh ... so, if we could only get rid of "the right", and all those people whining about freedom, everything would be hunky dory. What do you propose, genocide?

It isn't about getting rid of "the right". It's about eliminating lying morons who base their political views on pure nonsense, they promote those views fanatically, from the political system.

The REAL "right" are political conservatives (i.e. RINOS) who believe that what is good for business is good for America. That's a very valid point of view and belongs in the political dialogue.

However, the "Right" has become dominated by people who promote pure BULLSHIT. If they have any real political agenda, it's so hideous that they refuse to publicly admit what it is.

Forum List

Back