Is Taiwan really worth fighting for

None of our fucking business. This in no way is a threat to our nation’s security.

I suspect many Taiwanese are fine rejoining China, rather than be exterminated in a proxy war instigated by the US. Don't you agree?
It may or may not be worth influencing China to leave Taiwan to its own people but it is factually incorrect to state that it is not a threat to security. That is simply not the case. You cannot spin, no matter how much you may want to, the number one geo-political adversary being the source for all our technological assets to include those used for national defense.

It may or may not be worth influencing China to leave Taiwan to its own people but it is factually incorrect to state that it is not a threat to security. That is simply not the case. You cannot spin, no matter how much you may want to, the number one geo-political adversary being the source for all our technological assets to include those used for national defense.
China taking Taiwan is no threat to the US. To think China would suddenly stop trading with the US after taking Taiwan is nonsensical.

What is more likely is the USG slapping massive tariffs and sanctions on China resulting in self infected harm to the US economy and working class. Much as they’ve done with Russia.

China taking Taiwan is no threat to the US. To think China would suddenly stop trading with the US after taking Taiwan is nonsensical.

What is more likely is the USG slapping massive tariffs and sanctions on China resulting in self infected harm to the US economy and working class. Much as they’ve done with Russia.
Ignoring facts does not make your position stronger.

No. As I have already made clear if not directly stated. Why not address what I ACTUALLY said rather than the silly straw man of China's feelings.

She is a house representative and has, essentially, zero power to do jack shit with regard to China and Taiwan. Her visit is asinine.

So what?

She is a house representative and has, essentially, zero power to do jack shit with regard to China and Taiwan. Her visit is asinine.

So what?
So it is a moronic visit. And it is designed to tip toe around China's feelings because she has no power whatsoever. If you want to make a statement, you do not send an irrelevant figure. You send a senator with a statement about what they may be looking at putting on the floor. The president or the VP goes themselves with a statement about what actions may or may not be taken. You set up joint statements, exercises or any number of other things.

But no, they want to tip-toe around China's 'feelings' by sending an irrelevant person that has no power to do jack shit.

And you continue to evade evade evade as I have directly stated this already.

Many say we should be willing to fight for Taiwan a lot of others say no......not worth it.

"When a man knows he is about to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully," said Dr. Samuel Johnson.

If there is any benefit to be realized from the collision between China and the U.S. over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's trip to Taiwan, it is this: America needs to reflect long and hard upon what it is we will fight China to defend in the Taiwan Strait and South China Sea.

Sometimes it amazes me how stupid the people we elect to run this nation are.

So it is a moronic visit. And it is designed to tip toe around China's feelings because she has no power whatsoever. If you want to make a statement, you do not send an irrelevant figure. You send a senator with a statement about what they may be looking at putting on the floor. The president or the VP goes themselves with a statement about what actions may or may not be taken. You set up joint statements, exercises or any number of other things.

But no, they want to tip-toe around China's 'feelings' by sending an irrelevant person that has no power to do jack shit.

And you continue to evade evade evade as I have directly stated this already.

Fine, it's a moronic visit.
China should suck it up, bunch of crybabies.
Don't like it, tough shit. Grow up.

The world doesn't revolve around China.

China will not be dismissed so lightly if at all.

In a nutshell this is what it will come down to....who has more nuclear credibility.....China or the U.S. ?

Who benefited the most from Pelosi's vist?

Well we have seen democrats celebrating and saying it proves China was just bluffing and that Pelosi is a hero etc. and her popularity will go up etc.

First of all fanci nanci is irrelevant what she does or say has no importance.......she is old....very old and her career is over and she is on her way out....thus how all this affects her personally is totally irrelevant to the world situation ....vis a vi.....China Vs. America.

China I think was surprised that Pelosi made the visit....I think they expected biden to shut it down.....and he did try to but Pelosi would not listen.

She was willing to create a dangerous situation for her personal honor and glory.

Thus China was not totally prepared to act quickly....kind of a surprise but they will make up for lost time as we are seeing already....they will act more vigorusly when they are prepared and what we are witnessing at this moment is China preparing the stage....for what will be required if they cannot get sloe joe to kow-tow.

As I said before.....this thing will be decided one way or the other before the mid-terms.

Who benefited the most from Pelosi's vist?

Well we have seen democrats celebrating and saying it proves China was just bluffing and that Pelosi is a hero etc. and her popularity will go up etc.

First of all fanci nanci is irrelevant what she does or say has no importance.......she is old....very old and her career is over and she is on her way out....thus how all this affects her personally is totally irrelevant to the world situation ....vis a vi.....China Vs. America.

China I think was surprised that Pelosi made the visit....I think they expected biden to shut it down.....and he did try to but Pelosi would not listen.

She was willing to create a dangerous situation for her personal honor and glory.

Thus China was not totally prepared to act quickly....kind of a surprise but they will make up for lost time as we are seeing already....they will act more vigorusly when they are prepared and what we are witnessing at this moment is China preparing the stage....for what will be required if they cannot get sloe joe to kow-tow.

As I said before.....this thing will be decided one way or the other before the mid-terms.

they will act more vigorusly when they are prepared and what we are witnessing at this moment is China preparing the stage

What are they going to do, nuke the plane the next time a foreigner comes to visit Taiwan?

they will act more vigorusly when they are prepared and what we are witnessing at this moment is China preparing the stage

What are they going to do, nuke the plane the next time a foreigner comes to visit Taiwan?
A prime example of how this board has been dumbed down.

It was probably before your time but China and America have fought before.....we did not do so well ....and that was when the Chinese military was rather primitive.

Now they have hypersonic missles and we do not.....just for starters.

You should talk to someone who fought in that war.

I remember talking to one veteran of that war not all that long ago.....he told me how when the Chinese Bugles sound G.I.'s would shit their pants.

One of the prime lessons of war......never,never under-estimate your enemy.

A prime example of how this board has been dumbed down.

It was probably before your time but China and America have fought before.....we did not do so well ....and that was when the Chinese military was rather primitive.

I remember talking to one veteran of that war not all that long ago.....he told me how when the Chinese Bugles sound G.I.'s would shit their pants.

So we need to let them do as they please, because Korea?

And they'd never lie about the quality of their missiles.

Because they're going to send human waves at Taiwan?
Or at California?

And don't surrender, just because China is butthurt when Taiwan gets mentioned.

America can not continue being the world policeman forever....It's time for America to take care of their own.

Do not spend billions and billions on the other side of the world.

Spend it on Americans who need it! Spend those billions on Americans who need it!

'China’s massive investment in the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) may show China is preparing to fundamentally change the status quo and preparing for possible war with the United States over Taiwan. To deter China, the United States must rapidly build up its forces in the Pacific, continue to strengthen military alliances in the region to ensure access to bases in time of conflict, and accelerate deliveries of purchased military equipment to Taiwan.

Taiwan is of vital geopolitical importance to the United States. Its thriving democracy is one of the freest societies on the planet. As World War II U.S. Navy Adm. Ernest King said, Taiwan is the “cork in the bottle” for Japan. Whoever controls Taiwan will control Japan and the Republic of Korea’s shipping lifelines. Chinese control of Taiwan will give it enormous influence over both Japan and Korea, fundamentally altering the strategic calculus in East Asia and give China its long sought-after opportunity to Finlandize both countries.'

Fine, it's a moronic visit.
China should suck it up, bunch of crybabies.
Don't like it, tough shit. Grow up.

The world doesn't revolve around China.
And WHY is it moronic?

Because when we project our foreign policy by sending irrelevant people to places it clearly signals that we are not serious about rebuffing Chinese moves in integrating Taiwan into itself. At least not as serious as we need to be. What we need to project is consequences. Why you keep running back to China needing to suck it up is asinine in the extreme. I do not give a rats ass what China should 'sick up' or not. I am concerned with our own actions and the intentions that they project. Why are you so concerned about what China says rather than what our actions say about US.

Forum List

Back