Is Taiwan really worth fighting for

If you constantly tip-toe around them.....they'll think they deserve to control our actions.
That is precisely what Pelosi did. Visiting there as she did WITHOUT policy and/or official action is like spitting in the face of a bear while naked. It is moronic in the extreme.

She is a house representative and has, essentially, zero power to do jack shit with regard to China and Taiwan. Her visit is asinine.

Many say we should be willing to fight for Taiwan a lot of others say no......not worth it.

"When a man knows he is about to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully," said Dr. Samuel Johnson.

If there is any benefit to be realized from the collision between China and the U.S. over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's trip to Taiwan, it is this: America needs to reflect long and hard upon what it is we will fight China to defend in the Taiwan Strait and South China Sea.

No !!!

Many say we should be willing to fight for Taiwan a lot of others say no......not worth it.

"When a man knows he is about to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully," said Dr. Samuel Johnson.

If there is any benefit to be realized from the collision between China and the U.S. over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's trip to Taiwan, it is this: America needs to reflect long and hard upon what it is we will fight China to defend in the Taiwan Strait and South China Sea.

Yes and no

China takes Taiwan it opens up a shit load of strategic military opportunities for china ....plus a massive chip disruption ....

It's a damned if ya do damned if you don't...I'd count on this administration to sit on its hands ....

Dear Taiwan

No one is coming to save you

almost half of the Taiwanese citizens want to reunite with China.

Did they vote on it? Do they want the much lower standard of living they'd have?

America is the one stirring up the hostility

Pelosi landing there is "stirring up the hostility"?
Taiwan has been part of China for centuries. It’s people ARE Chinese.

You think young Americans should kill and die for the freedom of Taiwanese people. Yet Americans are losing their freedoms from their government.

If you can’t see the US Oligarchy fears China and wants US hegemony over the entire world to continue unabated, you’re blind.

That is precisely what Pelosi did. Visiting there as she did WITHOUT policy and/or official action is like spitting in the face of a bear while naked. It is moronic in the extreme.

She is a house representative and has, essentially, zero power to do jack shit with regard to China and Taiwan. Her visit is asinine.
The reason for her visit was to provoke China.

You can provide a link to support that comment about the people of Taiwan wanting to rejoin China, right?

Have Americans forgotten Hong Kong? It was peacefully transferred to China in 1997. China did nothing to HK until recently. Yes maybe some freedoms have been lost, but it’s none of our government’s business.

The same thing will happen with Taiwan, unless the US oligarchy can instigate a war.

What cockamamie nonsense. As Pat Buchanan rightly asks:

We would be risking our own security and possible survival to prevent from being imposed on the island of Taiwan the same regime lately imposed on Hong Kong without any U.S. military resistance.

If Hong Kong, a city of 7 million, can be transferred to the custody and control of Beijing without resistance from the U.S., why should it be worth a major U.S. war with China to prevent that same fate and future from befalling 23 million Taiwanese?

So, yes, Hong Kong residents may not be as free as they were five years ago and certainly much less so than before the city-state’s reversion to China in July 1997.

But so what? That’s the way the cookie of world history crumbles. America’s security does not depend upon upholding freedom in every distant precinct of planet earth—no matter how loudly the hegemonists, the neocons and Warfare State lobbyists insist.
Nancy Pelosi’s Utterly Reckless Election-Season Gambit. - LewRockwell

Have Americans forgotten Hong Kong? It was peacefully transferred to China in 1997. China did nothing to HK until recently. Yes maybe some freedoms have been lost, but it’s none of our government’s business.

The same thing will happen with Taiwan, unless the US oligarchy can instigate a war.

What cockamamie nonsense. As Pat Buchanan rightly asks:

We would be risking our own security and possible survival to prevent from being imposed on the island of Taiwan the same regime lately imposed on Hong Kong without any U.S. military resistance.

If Hong Kong, a city of 7 million, can be transferred to the custody and control of Beijing without resistance from the U.S., why should it be worth a major U.S. war with China to prevent that same fate and future from befalling 23 million Taiwanese?

So, yes, Hong Kong residents may not be as free as they were five years ago and certainly much less so than before the city-state’s reversion to China in July 1997.

But so what? That’s the way the cookie of world history crumbles. America’s security does not depend upon upholding freedom in every distant precinct of planet earth—no matter how loudly the hegemonists, the neocons and Warfare State lobbyists insist.
Nancy Pelosi’s Utterly Reckless Election-Season Gambit. - LewRockwell
Again, the other poster made the false comment that half or more than half of Taiwan population want to rejoin China, and I just rebuked their comment.

People have the right to make their own choices and if they do not want to live under China or the U.S. rule then more power to them.

The People of Taiwan have made it clear for decades they do not want China Government ruling them and it is not just some freedoms you lose when China Government takes over but you become a slave to their system.

Let stop with the silly nonsense of pretending that China Government want Taiwan because of security issues and let admit they want Taiwan for the possible resources and shipping lane that China Government want to control and rape the society for.

China Government has no right to that Island if the people say they want to be free and if you truly believe I am wrong then just remember the U.S. also fought for the same reason to free itself from tyranny back in the late 1700’s, so let respect the people of Taiwan choice to be free from China Government no matter what the future has in store for them…

Again, the other poster made the false comment that half or more than half of Taiwan population want to rejoin China, and I just rebuked their comment.

People have the right to make their own choices and if they do not want to live under China or the U.S. rule then more power to them.

The People of Taiwan have made it clear for decades they do not want China Government ruling them and it is not just some freedoms you lose when China Government takes over but you become a slave to their system.

Let stop with the silly nonsense of pretending that China Government want Taiwan because of security issues and let admit they want Taiwan for the possible resources and shipping lane that China Government want to control and rape the society for.

China Government has no right to that Island if the people say they want to be free and if you truly believe I am wrong then just remember the U.S. also fought for the same reason to free itself from tyranny back in the late 1700’s, so let respect the people of Taiwan choice to be free from China Government no matter what the future has in store for them…
None of our fucking business. This in no way is a threat to our nation’s security.

I suspect many Taiwanese are fine rejoining China, rather than be exterminated in a proxy war instigated by the US. Don't you agree?

None of our fucking business. This in no way is a threat to our nation’s security.

I suspect many Taiwanese are fine rejoining China, rather than be exterminated in a proxy war instigated by the US. Don't you agree?
As I pointed out the People of Taiwan made it clear last year their opinion of how they feel about rejoining China, so why not respect their wishes?

Are you advocating to live under a Government that has a gun pointed to your head so you can live another day?

As it was once said “ Give me Liberty or Give me Death “ and I rather be dead than live a day under a government like China Government and as the poll shows many in Taiwan do not want China Government ruling them.

As I pointed out the People of Taiwan made it clear last year their opinion of how they feel about rejoining China, so why not respect their wishes?

Are you advocating to live under a Government that has a gun pointed to your head so you can live another day?

As it was once said “ Give me Liberty or Give me Death “ and I rather be dead than live a day under a government like China Government and as the poll shows many in Taiwan do not want China Government ruling them.
You go fight for Taiwan’s freedom?

If they don’t want reunification with China, let them fight. It’s none of our government’s business and has no effect on our national secunity.

The real truth…can you accept it?

The best case scenario for Nancy Pelosi’s Taiwan visit — the absolute best case — is that it ratchets up cold war tensions with China that threaten us all and benefit ordinary people in no way. The worst case scenario is as bad as anything you can possibly imagine.

So why are we being told that it’s still happening? Well, as Antiwar’s Dave DeCamp reminded us a few months ago, one major factor is that it facilitates US military expansionism geared toward encirclement strategies against China.

“The United States no longer sees Taiwan as a ‘problem’ in our relations with China, we see it as an opportunity to advance our shared vision for a free and open Indo-Pacific,” Raymond Greene, the deputy director of the de facto US embassy in Taipei, said last year.
The Anti-China Brainwashing Is Working: Notes From The Edge Of The Narrative Matrix

You need to change your screen name to WAR.

You need to change your screen name to WAR.
Gipper, I haven’t said anything about war but I have said Taiwan people do not want to be part of China nor want China Government to rule them, so let respect their wish to be free from tyranny.

The other poster has yet to show a link to where the people of Taiwan want to rejoin China and neither have you, but you believe they should be forced to do so, so when the U.S. Government forces you to do something that you and many are against, well it ain’t my fight now is it?

Gipper, I haven’t said anything about war but I have said Taiwan people do not want to be part of China nor want China Government to rule them, so let respect their wish to be free from tyranny.

The other poster has yet to show a link to where the people of Taiwan want to rejoin China and neither have you, but you believe they should be forced to do so, so when the U.S. Government forces you to do something that you and many are against, well it ain’t my fight now is it?
Where is proof they don’t want to be part of China, and are prepared to fight and die to prevent this? You need a link.

Where have I stated they should be forced? Please don’t be disingenuous.

Where is proof they don’t want to be part of China, and are prepared to fight and die to prevent this? You need a link.

Where have I stated they should be forced? Please don’t be disingenuous.
Ummm, you just suggested it in this thread they should and yet you deny what you wrote!

Now who is being disingenuous here?

Also I provided a link showing 84% of the people in Taiwan don’t want the Government of China ruling them and now you want a poll to show if they will change their mind if you point a gun to their head…

So you support tyranny over people and support China Government right to enslave people.

Also you wrote it is none of our business and how the U.S. is picking a fight, well Gipper China, Russia and Iran have been supporting Gangs and Cartels south of our border and helping them to flood our country with illegal drugs and aliens, so don’t you think you should ask yourself why you ignore this?

Ummm, you just suggested it in this thread they should and yet you deny what you wrote!

Now who is being disingenuous here?

Also I provided a link showing 84% of the people in Taiwan don’t want the Government of China ruling them and now you want a poll to show if they will change their mind if you point a gun to their head…

So you support tyranny over people and support China Government right to enslave people.

Also you wrote it is none of our business and how the U.S. is picking a fight, well Gipper China, Russia and Iran have been supporting Gangs and Cartels south of our border and helping them to flood our country with illegal drugs and aliens, so don’t you think you should ask yourself why you ignore this?
I made it clear the USG shouldn’t intervene. If Taiwan doesn’t want to rejoin China, they can fight not us.

It is clear many Taiwanese would prefer reunification rather than total destruction. Don’t you think?

There are too opposing forces at play here.

First, is the reality that the US cannot be the world's policeman or provide the world with welfare. We can't fight other people's wars for them. We have too many of our own problems like the invasion of our own country, astronomical debt and run away inflation, all caused by the Liberals.

However, Biden's buddies in China are economic and possible even military adversaries and that is something we need to keep in check or else they will eat our lunch one of these days.

Taiwan is certainly not worth fighting for but on the other hand we need to stand up to China.

That is a fine line to walk.

One thing we can be certain of. Whatever the Joe Potatohead administration does will be the wrong thing.

There are too opposing forces at play here.

First, is the reality that the US cannot be the world's policeman or provide the world with welfare. We can't fight other people's wars for them. We have too many of our own problems like the invasion of our own country, astronomical debt and run away inflation, all caused by the Liberals.

However, Biden's buddies in China are economic and possible even military adversaries and that is something we need to keep in check or else they will eat our lunch one of these days.

Taiwan is certainly not worth fighting for but on the other hand we need to stand up to China.

That is a fine line to walk.

One thing we can be certain of. Whatever the Joe Potatohead administration does will be the wrong thing.
This is the thinking of an imperialist, but doesn’t know it.

You think the US needs to be the sole hegemonic power in the world and any nation that rises, must be destroyed.

What you also don’t known is this thinking if implemented, will be the demise of the US Empire. History screams this in your face.

This is the thinking of an imperialist, but doesn’t know it.

You think the US needs to be the sole hegemonic power in the world and any nation that rises, must be destroyed.

What you also don’t known is this thinking if implemented, will be the demise of the US Empire. History screams this in your face.
Everything you ever post on this forum is stupid delusional bullshit.

Yea, I want America to do well and sometimes that will mean standing up to our adversaries and little chickenshits like you can go fuck yourself.

Everything you ever post on this forum is stupid delusional bullshit.

Yea, I want America to do well and sometimes that will mean standing up to our adversaries and little chickenshits like you can go fuck yourself.
I know. Imperialist don’t like being exposed. I get it.

Forum List

Back