Is Melting Robert E. Lee's Statue A Sign Of White Genocide?

Slavery in general went from acceptable to not acceptable as the morals and economics of the world changed.
So your morality is tied to money? If you make less money off it its now immoral? I'm trying to understand how your morality operates here and it doesn't seem to make much sense.

So your morality is tied to money? If you make less money off it its now immoral? I'm trying to understand how your morality operates here and it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Everything flows from economics, I thought a Marxist like you would understand that.

Nothing exists in a vacuum. Giving up on Slavery was easier for the North and for England because industrialization works poorly with slaves. It's why Serfdom died out in Western Europe far before it did in Eastern Europe.

"A statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee that was a focal point of a deadly white nationalist protest in 2017 has been melted down and will be repurposed into new works of art. The Jefferson School African American Heritage Center, a Charlottesville-based Black history museum, said Thursday that the statue had been destroyed. The Charlottesville City Council voted in 2021 to donate the statue to the heritage center, after it proposed a Swords into Plowshares project that would melt the statue and repurpose it into “public art that expresses the City’s values of inclusivity and racial justice,” according to the proposal submitted to the city."

View attachment 849520

As Elon Musk seems to imply, the melting down of this statue is basically white genocide....they (whoever they are) wants the extinction of white people or at the very least, white Confederates. However, if this is the case, why would anyone think they are the target of "white genocide" today if the Confederacy hasn't existed for 150 plus years....who would these "Confederates" be today? and why would a statue being melted down trigger them to the point that they believe they are the target of genocide?

If black folks being systematically murdered BY THE STATE for years (even after the end of the Civil War) didn't constitute genocide, how the fuck would melting down a piece of metal be even remotely close to something considered genocide?
Just trying to erase history, get rid of the statues. Eliminate the history from the history books in schools and in a generation, you have eliminated
history. It's all part of the indoctrination process.

Why would you be destroying it?

Because he stood for equality for all, because he practiced non-violence and was willing to die for doing what's right?

Not just what was right at the time (WHICH TOOK COURAGE SINCE MORONS LIKE YOU HATED HIM WHEN HE WAS ALIVE) -- but because his cause was so just and so righteous that dic suckers like you have to pretend you support civil rights today because of how THOROUGHLY HE DEFEATED YOUR BULLSHIT

So please tell me, who would be the ones tearing his statue down?

This is why I call bullshit whenever a conservative tries to claim they supported the civil rights/voting rights movement....because you have clearly shown, they didn't -- to have the nerve to compare a Confederate traitor to MLK...shut yo pussy ass up
I’m not saying I want to destroy it that I would. I’m not a snowflake like you. I’m saying if it was destroyed, you’d be screaming about symbolic genocide.

Everything flows from economics, I thought a Marxist like you would understand that.
In not a Marxist. Still, I fail to see what economics has to do with morality.
Nothing exists in a vacuum. Giving up on Slavery was easier for the North and for England because industrialization works poorly with slaves. It's why Serfdom died out in Western Europe far before it did in Eastern Europe.
How does any of this make baby slaving ok?

Just trying to erase history, get rid of the statues. Eliminate the history from the history books in schools and in a generation, you have eliminated
history. It's all part of the indoctrination process.
Erase history. Like opposing the teaching of slavery and segregation and Jim Crow in our schools.

Moms for Liberty (an ironic name if ever there was one) even opposes Ruby Bridges Goes to School: My True Story being allowed in school libraries.

One of their complaints about the book is that it has Norman Rockwell's The Problem We All Live With in it.

Erase history. Right.

ruby.jpg

In not a Marxist. Still, I fail to see what economics has to do with morality.

How does any of this make baby slaving ok?

Bullshit.

it was what it was. Still better than INTENTIONALLY slaughtering children like your buddies Hamas.

When it interrupted in the lefts demand for celebration and acceptance over tolerance.

What religion created the Gulags in Russia or the Killing Fields in Cambodia?
No, the Bible literally justified slavery

Ephesians 6:5–8, Paul states "Slaves, be obedient to your human masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ".

Colossians 3:22-4:1 Slaves, obey your earthly masters[a] in everything, not with a slavery performed merely for looks, to please people, but wholeheartedly, fearing the Lord.

and Exodus 21:2-11 tells you how to buy a Hebrew slave.....and how you should free him after 6 years....unless of course, his master gives him a wife...

No, the Bible literally justified slavery

Ephesians 6:5–8, Paul states "Slaves, be obedient to your human masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ".

Colossians 3:22-4:1 Slaves, obey your earthly masters[a] in everything, not with a slavery performed merely for looks, to please people, but wholeheartedly, fearing the Lord.

and Exodus 21:2-11 tells you how to buy a Hebrew slave.....and how you should free him after 6 years....unless of course, his master gives him a wife...

Note it says nothing about race as a condition of slavery. Slaves were a class in the social structure in Antiquity, not chattel as the 1600-1800's version was.

It was more akin to serfdom. Which continued at least in Russia up to the early 1900's.

He refused to betray his state. He wanted a separation from the tyrannical north.
He was a traitor who took up arms against his country. And then he fucking got his ass kicked.*

*a Great what if would be Thomas instead of Grant vs. Lee.

We can't all be proud baby slaver supporters like you are Marty.

I don't support baby slaving. They are far too young to produce any viable labor.

At least I don't ignore the fact that abortion kills said babies way before they even have a chance to exist.

Irony is defined by an abortion fetishist pretending to care about infants.

I don't support baby slaving. They are far too young to produce any viable labor.
Your slaver heroes did. At least, that we your argument.
At least I don't ignore the fact that abortion kills said babies way before they even have a chance to exist.
Abortion doesn't kill babies. It kills fetuses.
Irony is defined by an abortion fetishist pretending to care about infants.
These are sad deflections. I care about independent human lives. Your heroes didn't.

Forum List

Back