Is math racist, or are liberals stupid? Is affirmative action helping or hurting minority performance? (Poll)

Is mathematics racist? (because there is only one right answer)

• NO. math is not racist, it never was and never will be.

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • YES. math is racist. Some low IQ races are just too stupid to get the right answer.

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Plato? Aristotle? I've read them.
Knowledge now doubles every 12-hours.
Epistemology advanced more than a little since they were considered smart.
If you think Plato is still relevant you had too much schooling.

Not according to Plato and Aristotle.
They believed we all have access to ideal knowledge, and that we just have to learn how to bring it out.
We may think we have advanced, but that does not mean we really have, because we likely no longer know how to think for ourselves, and instead consider knowledge to just be memories we act as a container for.
And that is very dangerous, because then we do not have the ability to evaluate new circumstances or the validity of old things we were told were true.

Not according to Plato and Aristotle.
They believed we all have access to ideal knowledge, and that we just have to learn how to bring it out.
We may think we have advanced, but that does not mean we really have, because we likely no longer know how to think for ourselves, and instead consider knowledge to just be memories we act as a container for.
And that is very dangerous, because then we do not have the ability to evaluate new circumstances or the validity of old things we were told were true.
Before we get into the weeds on this discussion. I googled today and maybe you know the answer.
I have a W10 x64 PC. What are the significant digits for single and double precision?
That said...Kant is worth two Platos where technology is implied...

For Kant, the distinctions between analytic and synthetic and a priori and a posteriori judgments must be kept separate, because it is possible for some judgments to be synthetic and a priori at the same time. What Kant proposes is this: Surely all a posteriori judgments are synthetic judgments, since any judgment based solely on experience cannot be derived merely by understanding the meaning of the subject. But this does not mean that all synthetic judgments are a posteriori judgments, since in mathematical and geometrical judgments, the predicate is not contained in the subject (e.g., the concept 12 is not contained either in 7, 5, +, =, or even in their combination; nor does the concept "shortest distance between two points" contain the idea of a straight line). Such propositions are universal and necessary (and thus a priori ) even though they could not have been known from experience; and they would be synthetic a priori judgments.

Before we get into the weeds on this discussion. I googled today and maybe you know the answer.
I have a W10 x64 PC. What are the significant digits for single and double precision?
That said...Kant is worth two Platos where technology is implied...

For Kant, the distinctions between analytic and synthetic and a priori and a posteriori judgments must be kept separate, because it is possible for some judgments to be synthetic and a priori at the same time. What Kant proposes is this: Surely all a posteriori judgments are synthetic judgments, since any judgment based solely on experience cannot be derived merely by understanding the meaning of the subject. But this does not mean that all synthetic judgments are a posteriori judgments, since in mathematical and geometrical judgments, the predicate is not contained in the subject (e.g., the concept 12 is not contained either in 7, 5, +, =, or even in their combination; nor does the concept "shortest distance between two points" contain the idea of a straight line). Such propositions are universal and necessary (and thus a priori ) even though they could not have been known from experience; and they would be synthetic a priori judgments.

Not sure what you mean, because while a 64 bit computer has a 64 bit integer space, that is not relevant to significant digits because then one is talking about floating point algorithms.
{...
The maximum (unsigned) 64-bit integer is 18446744073709551615. This is (2^64)-1, which is essentially the square of (2^32)-1, which is "about" 4 billion.
...}
Significant digits implies rounding off the fractional part.
Double precision means using 2 64 bit registers, for a 128 bit integer.

As soon as they started making excuses performance dropped. Bad math is not the answer.
Making excuses for poor performance in school is not the answer.
Better teachers and requiring school work is the answer, not excuses.

Liberals believe that scientific and mathematical talent are distributed unequally among the races, with Asians being well-endowed in those areas, and blacks below average. Therefore, it is appropriate to discriminate against Asians and to lower standards for blacks-e.g., by pretending that it is unimportant to get the right answer to a math problem.

[Steele] points to affirmative action and diversity — "the whole movement designed to compensate for the fact that blacks were behind" — and says that blacks today have worse indices relative to whites in education, income levels, marriage and divorce, or "any socioeconomic measure that you want to look at" than they did 60 years ago.

"It's inconceivable," says Mr. Steele, "that blacks are competitive in universities today." In the 1950s, by contrast, they matriculated with slightly lower grade-point averages than whites and graduated with GPAs slightly higher than whites. "Nobody gave them anything," Mr. Steele affirms. "They didn't want them in universities then. We would never put our race on an application, because it would be used against us. The minute we started to get all these handouts from guilty America in the civil-rights era, we entered this uninterrupted decline."
I once had a black co-worker who went to school before integration became the name of the game. He said that while his school wasn’t as nice as the white schools and the books were older, there was a lot of student pride in their school and everybody tried to do well so they could prove they were as good as or better than the students in the white schools.

We had a lot of interesting conversations. For example he could never figure out why the whites in Ireland were fighting each other at that time as they all were white and all were Christian. I would ask him why I didn’t see many blacks at the pistol range and he told me, “That’s becasue we do our target practice at the local bar.“

I once had a black co-worker who went to school before integration became the name of the game. He said that while his school wasn’t as nice as the white schools and the books were older, there was a lot of student pride in their school and everybody tried to do well so they could prove they were as good as or better than the students in the white schools.

We had a lot of interesting conversations. For example he could never figure out why the whites in Ireland were fighting each other at that time as they all were white and all were Christian. I would ask him why I didn’t see many blacks at the pistol range and he told me, “That’s becasue we do our target practice at the local bar.“

As to the conflict in Ireland, it was not really about race or religion.
It was about the British invading, stealing everything, and making the natives into virtual slaves.
The fact the invaders were Protestant and the natives Catholic, was not really relevant, just a means of identifying who was who.

As to the conflict in Ireland, it was not really about race or religion.
It was about the British invading, stealing everything, and making the natives into virtual slaves.
The fact the invaders were Protestant and the natives Catholic, was not really relevant, just a means of identifying who was who.
That’s what I explained to my black co-worker.

I heard a calm and rational discussion on the radio a while back about African Americans and education.

It is no secret that some (some!) African American youth do not respect school and ridicule those students of their ethnicity who prize education.

The radio discussion pointed out that this was not always the case. African Americans in the past treasured education and considered it their way to attain social equality in this nation. The many African American colleges are example of that devotion to education.

It was pointed out that the great Dr. Booker T. Washington always believed that education was the key to the African Americans' success in this country.

Why this denigration of education by some (some!) African American youth, I do not know.
My bet is the old white Democrats push the idea that a well educated black should be ridiculed for trying to be white. They want the blacks to stay uneducated so they don’t wise up and leave the Democratic Plantation.

I personally want all blacks to be well educated. That way they will get good jobs and pay more income taxes which may reduce the amount I have to pay. Plus well educated blacks may invent new items that will make my life easier or more enjoyable or perhaps even find a cure for cancer or the common cold.

Let's use fair versus unfair to describe this Math Problem on a Standardized Test.
Not using racist, just fair or unfair to ANY reader of the problem.

Jimmy goes golfing and shots one under par on hole one, and 3 over par on the next hole. How much is Jimmy trailing or leading another player that has a score of -4.
And yet we NEVER see anyone identify an 'unfair' question. Just declaring an unfair test.

Making your statement irrelevant to anything in the real world.

And yet we NEVER see anyone identify an 'unfair' question. Just declaring an unfair test.

Making your statement irrelevant to anything in the real world.
I just asked you if you thought this was a "Fair" or "Unfair" question.
So which is it?

I just asked you if you thought this was a "Fair" or "Unfair" question.
So which is it?
As I said, irrelevant to the point.

It would not be a valid question and I guess you could call it unfair to anyone that does not know 'trailing' and 'leading' would be reversed when referring to a golf score. SO sure, unfair unless it was a question in a PE class that does include golf as one of the things discussed.

Of course, it would be perfectly fair in that situation.

Now, are you done sidestepping the reality that 'unfair' questions have never been the claim as they are almost never actually cited. Not to mention there is a process for citing those questions and when they are such questions are struck from the test and the scores.

Not sure what you mean, because while a 64 bit computer has a 64 bit integer space, that is not relevant to significant digits because then one is talking about floating point algorithms.
{...
The maximum (unsigned) 64-bit integer is 18446744073709551615. This is (2^64)-1, which is essentially the square of (2^32)-1, which is "about" 4 billion.
...}
Significant digits implies rounding off the fractional part.
Double precision means using 2 64 bit registers, for a 128 bit integer.
I'm interested in floating point digits. The difference between single and double precision. I'll remove the double precision and see if the results change. I never heard what x64 floating point (signed) significant digits are. For 16 & 32 bit systems you had to use DP, but today you probably don't, I think...

Last edited:
And which spelling is that ? Having trouble pointing it out ?

"...last conservative white supremest post."

The red line under the word generally suggests to use spell-check. A right click on it will show you spelling options.

Democrats believe math is racist because they believe it is to complicated to teach people in an inferior race.

"...last conservative white supremest post."

The red line under the word generally suggests to use spell-check. A right click on it will show you spelling options.
Supremest. Why don’t you type it then and see if you get a red line.

Democrats believe math is racist because they believe it is to complicated to teach people in an inferior race.
Nope, we think you miss used your second “ to”. It should be “ too”. Now that’s TOO complicated for conservatives. Is that being racist ?

Math being racist is what stupid excuse makers will come up with. They feel its too much responsibility to learn numbers. A lot of Americans can’t do math which is how the Covid hoax gained such a stranglehold.
Remember. These are the people that feel that a drivers license or ID is voter suppression. Always trying to turn unpleasant facts into pleasing emotions.

Forum List

Back