Is math racist, or are liberals stupid? Is affirmative action helping or hurting minority performance? (Poll)

Is mathematics racist? (because there is only one right answer)

• NO. math is not racist, it never was and never will be.

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • YES. math is racist. Some low IQ races are just too stupid to get the right answer.

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Math cannot be racist. Math is binary. Math is absolute.
You can literally hold a random object in front of a Democrat and that Democrat will tell you why that random object is racist.

Democrat taking ink blot test...

What do you see... racist
And now... white supremacist
and now... racism
And now... white nationalists
And now... oh wait, thats russian

I heard a calm and rational discussion on the radio a while back about African Americans and education.

It is no secret that some (some!) African American youth do not respect school and ridicule those students of their ethnicity who prize education.

The radio discussion pointed out that this was not always the case. African Americans in the past treasured education and considered it their way to attain social equality in this nation. The many African American colleges are example of that devotion to education.

It was pointed out that the great Dr. Booker T. Washington always believed that education was the key to the African Americans' success in this country.

Why this denigration of education by some (some!) African American youth, I do not know.

Well hell that same denigration of education is all around us on this board. We've got yahoos purporting not to understand how a yuge spike in voter turnout means more votes for every candidate, for one example. We've got others who still purport to not understand the difference between "weather" and "climate" for another. I call it the Cult of Ignorance.
I call them wingnuts.

I guess that's why they hang around in "threads". Hee hee.

I heard a calm and rational discussion on the radio a while back about African Americans and education.

It is no secret that some (some!) African American youth do not respect school and ridicule those students of their ethnicity who prize education.

The radio discussion pointed out that this was not always the case. African Americans in the past treasured education and considered it their way to attain social equality in this nation. The many African American colleges are example of that devotion to education.

It was pointed out that the great Dr. Booker T. Washington always believed that education was the key to the African Americans' success in this country.

Why this denigration of education by some (some!) African American youth, I do not know.

Well hell that same denigration of education is all around us on this board. We've got yahoos purporting not to understand how a yuge spike in voter turnout means more votes for every candidate, for one example. We've got others who still purport to not understand the difference between "weather" and "climate" for another. I call it the Cult of Ignorance.
I call them wingnuts.

I guess that's why they hang around in "threads". Hee hee.
Yes, but torqued enough to the right they are stripped of their grip and lose all sanity.

You can literally hold a random object in front of a Democrat and that Democrat will tell you why that random object is racist.

and now... racism
Hasty generalizations, fallacious as they may be, can be funny.

Consider:

You can literally hold a random object in front of a Republican and that Republican will tell you why that random object is a communist.

and now... racism

Consider:

You can literally hold a random object in front of a Republican and that Republican will tell you why that random object is a communist.
Except your example is stupid and mine holds. I've seen everything from black holes to rocking chairs be declared racist. Nothing communist about math.

and now... racism

Consider:

To me both sides are hypocritical but I was a racist because I owned a couple Hawaiian shirts. I’m communist because I like AOC, I don’t agree with her however I like her passion for her beliefs. So I am both.

Can you tell me why math is considered racist? That makes no sense.

and now... racism

Consider:

Except your example is stupid and mine holds. I've seen everything from black holes to rocking chairs be declared racist. Nothing communist about math.
No, fallacious is fallacious; both examples are stupid.

As soon as they started making excuses performance dropped. Bad math is not the answer.
Making excuses for poor performance in school is not the answer.
Better teachers and requiring school work is the answer, not excuses.

Liberals believe that scientific and mathematical talent are distributed unequally among the races, with Asians being well-endowed in those areas, and blacks below average. Therefore, it is appropriate to discriminate against Asians and to lower standards for blacks-e.g., by pretending that it is unimportant to get the right answer to a math problem.

[Steele] points to affirmative action and diversity — "the whole movement designed to compensate for the fact that blacks were behind" — and says that blacks today have worse indices relative to whites in education, income levels, marriage and divorce, or "any socioeconomic measure that you want to look at" than they did 60 years ago.

"It's inconceivable," says Mr. Steele, "that blacks are competitive in universities today." In the 1950s, by contrast, they matriculated with slightly lower grade-point averages than whites and graduated with GPAs slightly higher than whites. "Nobody gave them anything," Mr. Steele affirms. "They didn't want them in universities then. We would never put our race on an application, because it would be used against us. The minute we started to get all these handouts from guilty America in the civil-rights era, we entered this uninterrupted decline."
Math is not racist, but talking about blacks and math is.

Only the results are racist, the math itself is fine. Blacks underachieve, even after decades of special treatment. Anything that doesn't agree with the liberal lunacy of the day is now racist, homophobic, or whatever else they can claim to avoid the reality of the situation.

and now... racism

Consider:

Name something that's not racist

and now... racism

Consider:

Can you tell me how math is racist.

and now... racism

Consider:

Read the OP dumb ass

and now... racism

Consider:

Read the OP dumb ass
I was asking him personally, he seems to have smart ass comments and that is all.

and now... racism

Consider:

To me both sides are hypocritical but I was a racist because I owned a couple Hawaiian shirts. I’m communist because I like AOC, I don’t agree with her however I like her passion for her beliefs. So I am both.

Makes no sense to me. I'll take a guess that someone described a difference between races as regards math skills, and someone else labeled that as racist.

and now... racism

Consider:

Name something that's not racist
My dog.

and now... racism

Consider:

Makes no sense to me. I'll take a guess that someone described a difference between races as regards math skills, and someone else labeled that as racist.
Isn’t believing one race is is superior to another racist?

and now... racism

Consider:

As is everything you post.

and now... racism

Consider:

If you read the fucking OP you would see how math is racist. (it's not really, but OR's DOE doesn't know that)
From the OP link:
"How can mathematics possibly be racist?
Part of the toolkit includes a list of ways "white supremacy culture" allegedly "infiltrates math classrooms." Those include "the focus is on getting the "right' answer," students being "required to 'show their work,'" and other alleged manifestations.
"The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so," the document for the "Equitable Math" toolkit reads. "Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict."

Forum List

Back