Is it ok not to vote...

Every day more information comes out about Biden's depleting mental acuity but strangely enough lefties seem more comfortable with a doddering old fool with his trembling thumb on the nuclear button. At the same time the he sissie left that can't even define what what it means to be a genetic woman seems offended by a guy who wants to make America great and tells you so with in your face speech.

One liberal defending another...I couldn't have possibly been more convincing that this

Thanks John.

What's liberal about me? Specifically?

Is it my support for small, limited government?
My support for a government that lives within it's means?
My support for us staying out of the internal affairs of other countries. Trading and being friends with willing nations. And no policing the world?

Or is it simply my opposition to big spending, big government RINO's like Trump?

You don't even realize when and how your mask slips or how easy it is to spot.

Good for us...bad for you.

Better luck next time.

You keep saying that. But when asked to back up your claim, you respond with childish BS.
Now's the time to prove that I'm a liberal. Back it up with my statements of supporting anything the left does or says. Back it up with my words supporting the left in any way, shape or form?

Ignore Missourian. He is a rino.

Most definitely. He's got it bad.

But it is what it is. This whole lesser of two evils thing is a cancer on this country. And I just don't get it. Republicans support politicians when they say they're for spending cuts, balanced budgets, minding our own business here at home and all those conservative talking points. But once they get in office and start doing just the opposite, it's like they don't even care. Like they expected to get lied to.

And when you call them out on it, they call me a liberal or a Biden supporter. FFS, I've never voted for 1 democrat. And the last left leaning politician I voted for was Reagan. But that was before the internet when we only had news papers, and the evening news.

After the Republicans doubled the federal debt on Bush's watch, I skipped voting on the federal level from 2006 to 2016. At first, I would leave those blank, but then a Republican poll worker was found to have filled in blanks with Republican candidates for several elections, so I started writing in Snoopy and Pat Paulsen.

Pat Paulsen. I'm dating myself. :lol:

In 2016, I wrote in Ted Cruz on behalf of my recently deceased mother who was a supporter of Cruz.

I am ever so grateful she did not live to see Cruz become yet another spineless Trump lickspittle. Both my parents hated Trump.

I went back to writing Snoopy and Paulsen in subsequent elections.

I do vote on local measures. Otherwise I would not bother voting at all.

This voting for "the lesser of two EVILS" means you are still voting for EVIL. And how's that been working out for America?

Yeah...
Local elections don't mean dick.

...if no candidate represents your point of view on most of the important issues?

It is said that if you don't vote you have no right to complain. I think not voting is your complaint.
I have been a strong voter ever since I was 18. I think it is important to always have your voice heard. I do know many people who never vote though. If you don't like either candidate you can always vote for which one you would rather have.

...if no candidate represents your point of view on most of the important issues?

It is said that if you don't vote you have no right to complain. I think not voting is your complaint.
It's the people who vote that cannot complain since they are the ones that put the idiots in office.

Nope. When you are stuck with a permanent and perpetual Democrat party rule, local elections don't mean squat.
My city hasn't had a conservative on the Common Council for over 40 years. So, you can imagine what the city is like,

Ongoing black crime wave.
No piers or diving boards at the beaches.
Once beautiful lakes a weedy mess. :omg:

My city hasn't had a conservative on the Common Council for over 40 years. So, you can imagine what the city is like,

Ongoing black crime wave.
No piers or diving boards at the beaches.
Once beautiful lakes a weedy mess. :omg:
My (former) city hadn't elected a Republican Mayor since 1961. And the last Democrat I liked served in that capacity until 1994. Since then Buffalo has been circling the bowl

My (former) city hadn't elected a Republican Mayor since 1961. And the last Democrat I liked served in that capacity until 1994. Since then Buffalo has been circling the bowl

So then why do you say local elections don't mean anything?

My old man always said...”Son, you must always cast a meaningful vote, you either vote for someone or against someone as you will probably never see the perfect candidate that fits you perfectly. When you don’t cast a meaningful vote you are conceding to allow others to vote/choose for you.”
Quite possibly the wisest thing my old man ever said.
I got it at 18….it’s so weird that so many can’t or don’t see the simplicity in my old mans point.

initforme

My old man always said...”Son, you must always cast a meaningful vote, you either vote for someone or against someone as you will probably never see the perfect candidate that fits you perfectly. When you don’t cast a meaningful vote you are conceding to allow others to vote/choose for you.”
Quite possibly the wisest thing my old man ever said.
I got it at 18….it’s so weird that so many can’t or don’t see the simplicity in my old mans point.

initforme
When one-third of eligible voters don't see it, something is terribly wrong with it.

Forum List

Back