Is democracy good or bad?

Is democracy good or bad?

• Good

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
then say that,, all this gaslighting has caused the young and uneducated to think we are a democracy and they can vote their feelings into law,,
I have no problem with it, myself. It is a big country with diverse opinions, wants, needs, etc. It is and has been subject to a certain amount of the pendulum effect of changing views, based on societal change and turn of events, but it tends to pendulum back. I am happy with democracy applied as in our form of representative republic government with the checks and balances we have, and will continue to support it, as I think all born and raised American should.

Yes there is. It’s engrained in every single human cell. If you can’t figure it out, that’s a problem with you, nothing more.
Ah, the spiritual approach. Nah. I'll stick with the approach of the Constitution we have.

I have no problem with it, myself. It is a big country with diverse opinions, wants, needs, etc. It is and has been subject to a certain amount of the pendulum effect of changing views, based on societal change and turn of events, but it tends to pendulum back. I am happy with democracy applied as in our form of representative republic government with the checks and balances we have, and will continue to support it, as I think all born and raised American should.
why is it youre so afraid to say constitutional republic??

you do know its the constitution that protects your individual rights not a democracy or representatives??

why is it youre so afraid to say constitutional republic??

you do know its the constitution that protects your individual rights not a democracy or representatives??
Have said it fearlessly many times, except mostly using the term representative republic. Why don't you like the democratic voting processes being used to guide and regulate representation?

Ah, the spiritual approach. Nah. I'll stick with the approach of the Constitution we have.
The US Constitution hasn’t been a valid document since 1861. It was a severely flawed document prior to that, but Lincoln destroyed it and FDR buried it. “Democracy” doesn’t work.

It allows the greatest fools the same power as the best of society. Thst alone makes it invalid.

Have said it fearlessly many times, except mostly using the term representative republic. Why don't you like the democratic voting processes being used to guide and regulate representation?
you mean the one set forth in the constitution??
I'm fine with it,, its the gaslighting that leads the uneducated to think we vote for rights that I have a problem with,,

The US Constitution hasn’t been a valid document since 1861. It was a severely flawed document prior to that, but Lincoln destroyed it and FDR buried it. “Democracy” doesn’t work.

It allows the greatest fools the same power as the best of society. Thst alone makes it invalid.
It has worked, majorly speaking throughout its long history, and produced a long-lasting society, wealthy nations overall. There will not be a constitutional convention in my lifetime or yours.

Adams' Federalist Party lost its potency in short order, but a party emerged in its stead that would gradually position the government even farther to the left - so far left that by the end of the twentieth century, centrists would regard democracy as the preferred form of government, and even its original form. The founders regarded republicanism as a form of government more favorable to happiness than democracy, and certainly the Federalists did, too, but the term would lose its potency in the American lexicon. Republicanism recognized the rights innate in every citizen, but the term "democracy" and the rhetoric that included "the rights of the people" tempted a naive public, which believed the promises of empowerment and inclusion that democracy implied and that up-and-coming Democrats such as Andrew Jackson homilized.

It’s good, wish we had it. We got gerrymandering and corruption.

I don’t want a Constitutional Convention. I want this entire Government burned to the ground and rebuilt from scratch.
Not just a crotchety old man, but a crotchety old anarchist, eh? I'm for our representative form of Democracy as outlined in our constitution, so Fk you very much.

Forum List

Back