Is anyone else carrying a Wupocalypse loadout?

What in the hell? What do you plan on doing with that? Get toilet paper?
Rifle might be a bit extreme, but the year is young. Nice to see you went for full size service pistol, instead of the little pocket pistol.
His tank is in transit.

Not quite. I'm leaving the MICH ballistic helmet and M40 CBN masks at the house. Might have to throw them in the trunk in a couple weeks though, we'll see how crazy it gets.
I don't know what those are but if we are hit with an ied from China, I know you've got us covered.

MICH...

Screen_Shot_2016-06-05_at_9.16.08_AM__67647.1465143610.png

M40...

masks2.jpg
Oh, is that what its called? I have them in my bottom drawer. :rolleyes:

While the possibility of catching the Chinese Wuhan Virus exists, I'm also concerned about people going feral, as they sometimes do under these circumstances. So when I leave the house, I've started carrying a few simple household items that I call my Wupocalypse loadout. The loadout is in two levels: level 1 are the items I carry on my person, and level 2 are the items I carry in the trunk of the car.

Wupocalypse%20loadout1.jpg

Level 1 includes ballistic vest with Level IIIA ballistic panels in the front and back. It's light and comfortable, so it's almost like it's not there. Also a Glock 19 Gen 4 in a Milt Sparks IWB holster, with 15 rounds in the mag and one in the chamber. Also two extra 15-round magazines. The other level 1 personal items are a small can of Mace OC spray, a spring-loaded Gerber knife, a SOG Cash Card knife that fits neatly clipped inside the wallet, $250 cash, a Surefire 9P flashlight, and a Samsung phone with a Pocket Juice 5000 mAh portable charger. And of course, a pocket-sized hand sanitizer, nitrile gloves, and some N95 masks.

Wupocalypse%20loadout2.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout3.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout4.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout5.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout6.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout7.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout8.jpg

The level 2 part of the loadout gets packed away in the trunk. That includes an AK-47 with 30-round magazine, three extra 30-round magazines, a pair of military issue ballistic goggles, a waterproof bag containing four extra Glock magazines, an extra flashlight, a roll of paracord, spare batteries, and some other items. Also in the trunk is a portable handheld scanner that's programmed to all of the police/fire/ems frequencies in my country and the surrounding counties, and a medical trauma kit.

Wupocalypse%20loadout9.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout9a.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout9b.jpg

The trauma kit is one item everyone should have. The kit should include nitrile gloves, hand sanitizer, baby wipes, at least two C-A-T tourniquets, some Israeli hemorrhage control compression bandages, military-issue compressed gauze bandages, rolls of gauze, surgical tape, scissors, band aids, antibiotic cream, some packages of QuickCLot hemostatic agent to stop bleeding, ammonia inhalants, a hemostat, alcohol wipes, Betadine Iodine, some Mylar blankets, a #10 scalpel and small knife, and a flashlight, at the minimum. Most of these items can be found at a Walmart or a drug store.

Wupocalypse%20loadout9c.jpg
IF ITS BROWN IT HITS THE GROUND! Yell yea!

While the possibility of catching the Chinese Wuhan Virus exists, I'm also concerned about people going feral, as they sometimes do under these circumstances. So when I leave the house, I've started carrying a few simple household items that I call my Wupocalypse loadout. The loadout is in two levels: level 1 are the items I carry on my person, and level 2 are the items I carry in the trunk of the car.

Wupocalypse%20loadout1.jpg

Level 1 includes ballistic vest with Level IIIA ballistic panels in the front and back. It's light and comfortable, so it's almost like it's not there. Also a Glock 19 Gen 4 in a Milt Sparks IWB holster, with 15 rounds in the mag and one in the chamber. Also two extra 15-round magazines. The other level 1 personal items are a small can of Mace OC spray, a spring-loaded Gerber knife, a SOG Cash Card knife that fits neatly clipped inside the wallet, $250 cash, a Surefire 9P flashlight, and a Samsung phone with a Pocket Juice 5000 mAh portable charger. And of course, a pocket-sized hand sanitizer, nitrile gloves, and some N95 masks.

Wupocalypse%20loadout2.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout3.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout4.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout5.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout6.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout7.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout8.jpg

The level 2 part of the loadout gets packed away in the trunk. That includes an AK-47 with 30-round magazine, three extra 30-round magazines, a pair of military issue ballistic goggles, a waterproof bag containing four extra Glock magazines, an extra flashlight, a roll of paracord, spare batteries, and some other items. Also in the trunk is a portable handheld scanner that's programmed to all of the police/fire/ems frequencies in my country and the surrounding counties, and a medical trauma kit.

Wupocalypse%20loadout9.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout9a.jpg

Wupocalypse%20loadout9b.jpg

The trauma kit is one item everyone should have. The kit should include nitrile gloves, hand sanitizer, baby wipes, at least two C-A-T tourniquets, some Israeli hemorrhage control compression bandages, military-issue compressed gauze bandages, rolls of gauze, surgical tape, scissors, band aids, antibiotic cream, some packages of QuickCLot hemostatic agent to stop bleeding, ammonia inhalants, a hemostat, alcohol wipes, Betadine Iodine, some Mylar blankets, a #10 scalpel and small knife, and a flashlight, at the minimum. Most of these items can be found at a Walmart or a drug store.

Wupocalypse%20loadout9c.jpg
What in the hell? What do you plan on doing with that? Get toilet paper?
Rifle might be a bit extreme, but the year is young. Nice to see you went for full size service pistol, instead of the little pocket pistol.
His tank is in transit.
Outstanding! Always have missed having one, or 14 actually. Clankity, clankity, clank, love a tank!

I am sorry JGault old Buddy but I can't approve of a Commie weapon in the Wupocalypse load out. It was the Commies that started this shit and they need to get their ass kicked with a 'Merican weapon, preferably an old school AR-15A1 like I have in my SHTF load out.

22646588_1.jpg

I am sorry JGault old Buddy but I can't approve of a Commie weapon in the Wupocalypse load out. It was the Commies that started this shit and they need to get their ass kicked with a 'Merican weapon, preferably an old school AR-15A1 like I have in my SHTF load out.

22646588_1.jpg

The AK was made by Interarms/High Standard in Houston. The chrome-lined barrel, receiver, trigger group, and Magpul furniture was made in the US. The bolt and other parts are Hungarian.

Not that far yet.

Upgraded the 380 to 9mm.

And slipped a S&W 12 inch collapsible baton into the rotation.

Not yet but should and considering. I do have a nice 2bd chance balistic vest and all the other goodies. Standard cab truck hard to pack it all. Hard to fit in the vette trunk too!

Not yet but should and considering. I do have a nice 2bd chance balistic vest and all the other goodies. Standard cab truck hard to pack it all. Hard to fit in the vette trunk too!

Ebay has their stupid rules about not being able to sell certain types of body armor, but the type used by law enforcement is ok to buy or sell. They try to pull all of those auctions offline but there are so many of them that they can't stop all of them.

You can still look for a recently-posted buy it now auction before they catch it. They prohibit these specific military types:
  • Military-issued body armor, Level 4 body armor, or body armor stamped with "US", including Outer Tactical Vests (OTV), or Small Armor Protective Insert (SAPI) plates
  • SAPI plates that aren't property described
  • Interceptor Body Armor (IBA), including items manufactured by Point Blank (PBI), Second Chance (SCI), and Armor Holding
  • Interceptor Body Armor (IBA) and Interceptor Outer Tactical Vests (OTV) with or without plates
But like I said, the body armor used by law enforcement can be bought and sold there. Stay away from the old Vietnam War era "flak jackets." They're heavy as hell and offer very little in the was of ballistic protection.

There's also a brisk market on Ebay for ballistic helmets like the newer-issue MICH. Avoid the older First Gulf War PASGT helmets through, they don't offer much in the way of ballistic protection either, but they're cheap and better than nothing.

A lot of good usable military gear comes back with soldiers who don't turn it in before exiting the service. Garage sales and flea markets are good places to find those

Snowflake thread!!! Cry babies.

Exchanging pertinent information that could save your life isn't being overly-cautious. It's good sense.

I bet you wish you'd stocked up on masks, gloves, and sanitizer before all this started. But you didn't, did you?

Exchanging pertinent information that could save your life isn't being overly-cautious. It's good sense.

I bet you wish you'd stocked up on masks, gloves, and sanitizer before all this started. But you didn't, did you?
As I do concrete cutting and drywall I have plenty of facemasks and gloves and hot water and soap. Not to mention isopropyl alcohol for thinning colors. What do guns and bullet repellent vests have to do with virus?

As I do concrete cutting and drywall I have plenty of facemasks and gloves and hot water and soap. Not to mention isopropyl alcohol for thinning colors. What do guns and bullet repellent vests have to do with virus?

Sit tight. You're liable to find out in a couple months what guns and body armor has to do with the virus. It's sheer stupidity and irresponsibility to underestimate what the eventual political and economic side effects of the pandemic will amount to.

Do you think that when this is all over, everyone will come out of their happy hunker-down spots and the country will be the same way it was before? Entire economies have been brought to a standstill, and manu of them won't recover. We're in for a global recession the likes of which the world has never seen, probably a full-blown global depression: Entire countries going into default, political unrest, famine, crime, inflation, and more than likely wars.

The post viropacolyptic world is going to be something like nobody ever imagined. I'm no "conspiracy-theorist" but this isn't looking good.

So when I leave the house, I've started carrying a few simple household items that I call my Wupocalypse loadout. The loadout is in two levels: level 1 are the items I carry on my person, and level 2 are the items I carry in the trunk of the car.
Overkill, JG? Just WHERE are you going where you think you need all that? Maybe you just shouldn't go there.

I'd submit that simple and light are the order of the day until something else changes proving otherwise. One good gun, one good knife, will help you deal with most any situation. It will at least free you up to get away, and get home, where you are safe and/or can get all the additional stuff you deem necessary.

So when I leave the house, I've started carrying a few simple household items that I call my Wupocalypse loadout. The loadout is in two levels: level 1 are the items I carry on my person, and level 2 are the items I carry in the trunk of the car.
Overkill, JG? Just WHERE are you going where you think you need all that? Maybe you just shouldn't go there.

I'd submit that simple and light are the order of the day until something else changes proving otherwise. One good gun, one good knife, will help you deal with most any situation. It will at least free you up to get away, and get home, where you are safe and/or can get all the additional stuff you deem necessary.

Overkill is the best kill. :laughing0301:

But seriously, the wife and I haven't been to town in a week, so...

Sit tight. You're liable to find out in a couple months what guns and body armor has to do with the virus. It's sheer stupidity and irresponsibility to underestimate what the eventual political and economic side effects of the pandemic will amount to.

Do you think that when this is all over, everyone will come out of their happy hunker-down spots and the country will be the same way it was before? Entire economies have been brought to a standstill, and manu of them won't recover. We're in for a global recession the likes of which the world has never seen, probably a full-blown global depression: Entire countries going into default, political unrest, famine, crime, inflation, and more than likely wars.

The post viropacolyptic world is going to be something like nobody ever imagined. I'm no "conspiracy-theorist" but this isn't looking good.
What I see is the same neighborhood and friends doing what we always did. Now out in the boondocks where hate is rampant it may be different.

Forum List

Back