Is anybody old enough to remember?

The British reneged on them.

The British are Arabists.

actually, the British did a lot of stuff that was Hinkey, whether it was going back on their agreements with the Arabs to fight the Ottomans for them, (only to give the land to the Zionists) or trying to take the Suez Canal from Egypt and conspiring with the Zionists to do so.

You see, how the Arab world sees Zionism? White European Colonialism by other means.

actually, the British did a lot of stuff that was Hinkey, whether it was going back on their agreements with the Arabs to fight the Ottomans for them, (only to give the land to the Zionists) or trying to take the Suez Canal from Egypt and conspiring with the Zionists to do so.

You see, how the Arab world sees Zionism? White European Colonialism by other means.

No discussion.

The Jews who emigrated to Israel before 1948 had no guns or tanks. They were just families starting new lives in a new land, but they were greeted by the Arabs with guns and tanks and had to respond in kind to survive.

They were armed to the teeth by the British and then the US.
If you are talking about pre 1948, far from arming the Jews, the British raided Jewish villages to confiscate weapons, and the US had a moratorium on weapons sales to both the Arabs and Jews in what became Israel. However, the Arab states, Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Iraq, were armed to the teeth. This is why the Secretary General of the Arab League threatened genocide against the Jews just before the state of Israel was declared.

"I personally wish that the Jews do not drive us to this war, as this will be a war of extermination and momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Tartar massacre[10] or the Crusader wars. I believe that the number of volunteers from outside Palestine will be larger than Palestine's Arab population, for I know that volunteers will be arriving to us from [as far as] India, Afghanistan, and China to win the honor of martyrdom for the sake of Palestine … You might be surprised to learn that hundreds of Englishmen expressed their wish to volunteer in the Arab armies to fight the Jews.

"This war will be distinguished by three serious matters. First—faith: as each fighter deems his death on behalf of Palestine as the shortest road to paradise; second, [the war] will be an opportunity for vast plunder. Third, it will be impossible to contain the zealous volunteers arriving from all corners of the world to avenge the martyrdom of the Palestine Arabs, and viewing the war as dignifying every Arab and every Muslim throughout the world …

"The Arab is superior to the Jew in that he accepts defeat with a smile: Should the Jews defeat us in the first battle, we will defeat them in the second or the third battle … or the final one… whereas one defeat will shatter the Jew's morale!

How surprised he must have been when a few hundred thousand poorly armed Jews defeated tens of millions of well armed Arabs.

The Jews who emigrated to Israel before 1948 had no guns or tanks. They were just families starting new lives in a new land, but they were greeted by the Arabs with guns and tanks and had to respond in kind to survive.

Tell us why the US and the British wanted the 5 Arab nations to lose.
And don't forget all the Jews trained in combat who came to Israel to help out.
You know, the same way the Muslims come from all over to help their fellow Muslims murder their fellow Muslims.
Feeling stupid yet?
Is your Muslim girlfriend egging you on?

And you see how the entire non-Muslim world views Muslims.

Tell us why the US and the British wanted the 5 Arab nations to lose.
And don't forget all the Jews trained in combat who came to Israel to help out.
You know, the same way the Muslims come from all over to help their fellow Muslims murder their fellow Muslims.
Feeling stupid yet?
Is your Muslim girlfriend egging you on?

She said he's not gonna get any until the Muslims finally beat Israel.

I am in my mid sixties, and my first introduction to Israel situation came from watching the events unfold before and during the six day war. The bellicose bully, Nassar, was boasting continually about pushing the Jews into the sea

All the talk those days was about pan Arabism. They felt powerful because of their increasing oil wealth and felt confident that with the full weight of the massive Arab world coming to bear, this time they would finally be able to make good on their promise to kill Jews until they hid behind rocks and trees.

There was no talk about people called Palestinian because there were none - Just Arabs united in a common culture of Jew hatred.

Having lived in a time before Palestians were invented gives me a good understanding on the nature and effects of relentless propaganda. How many others are old enough to remember a time before their invention?

I think it makes a HUGE difference in the way people do or do not succumb to the propaganda.
Your history is way off

7ed94ab2-0008-11e7-9b6c-00163e09c6a7.jpg
you are a perfect illustration of my o.I. Here you are an ignorant child who wasn't even born until two decades after the six day war yet you think a coin used by Arabs and Jews alike somehow proves the existence of a Palestinian identity.

I was alive then, kid. There was no Palestinian identity yet, just Arabs.

I am in my mid sixties, and my first introduction to Israel situation came from watching the events unfold before and during the six day war. The bellicose bully, Nassar, was boasting continually about pushing the Jews into the sea

All the talk those days was about pan Arabism. They felt powerful because of their increasing oil wealth and felt confident that with the full weight of the massive Arab world coming to bear, this time they would finally be able to make good on their promise to kill Jews until they hid behind rocks and trees.

There was no talk about people called Palestinian because there were none - Just Arabs united in a common culture of Jew hatred.

Having lived in a time before Palestians were invented gives me a good understanding on the nature and effects of relentless propaganda. How many others are old enough to remember a time before their invention?

I think it makes a HUGE difference in the way people do or do not succumb to the propaganda.
Your history is way off

you are a perfect illustration of my o.p Here you are an ignorant child who wasn't even born until two decades after the six day war yet you think a coin used by Arabs and Jews alike somehow proves the existence of a Palestinian identity.

Your history is way off

you are a perfect illustration of my o.I. Here you are an ignorant child who wasn't even born until two decades after the six day war yet you think a coin used by Arabs and Jews alike somehow proves the existence of a Palestinian identity.

So the Jews minted Palistinian coins

Look pop, you are more senile than dopey Joe.

Go rock the chair

[/QUOTE

Your history is way off

Go rock the chair
It was the British who were responsible for the minting of the coins, you ignorant little child.

After ww1, the Ottoman Empire ceded the territory it owned to the British, who administered the mandate until the creation of the two nation states Isreal and Jordan.

You should stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

[/QUOTE

Your history is way off

Go rock the chair
It was the British who were responsible for the minting of the coins, you ignorant little child.

After ww1, the Ottoman Empire ceded the territory it owned to the British, who administered the mandate until the creation of the two nation states Isreal and Jordan.

You should stop before you embarrass yourself any further.
Have you been brainwashed for long?

Until 1918, Palestine was an integral part of the Ottoman Empire and therefore used its currency, the Ottoman lira. During 1917 and 1918, Palestine was occupied by the British army, who set up a military administration. The official currency was the Egyptian pound, which had been first introduced into Egypt in 1834, but several other currencies were legal tender at fixed exchange rates that were vigorously enforced.[2][3] After the establishment of a civil administration in 1921, the High Commissioner Herbert Samuel ordered that from 22 January 1921 only Egyptian currency and the British gold sovereign would be legal tender.[4]

In 1926, the British Secretary of State for the Colonies appointed a Palestine Currency Board to introduce a local currency.[5] It was based in London and chaired by Mr. P.G. Ezechiel, with a Currency Officer resident in Palestine.[5] The board decided that the new currency would be called the Palestine pound, fixed in value to the British pound and divided into 1000 mils.[6] The one pound gold coin would contain 123.27447 grains of standard gold.[6] The enabling legislation was the Palestine Currency Order, 1927, signed by the King in February 1927.[7] The Palestine pound became legal tender on 1 November 1927.[8] The Egyptian pound (at the fixed rate of 0.975 to the Palestine pound) and the British gold sovereign remained legal tender until 1 March 1928.[7][9]

The Palestine Currency Order explicitly excluded Transjordan from its application, but the Government of Transjordan decided to adopt the Palestine pound at the same time as Palestine did.[10][11] The Egyptian pound remained legal tender in Transjordan until 1930.[12]

You think the Arabs minted them? LOL!
LOL yea since Palestine used the Egyptian pound

Cool.
Link to the Arab mint/currency board that produced them.
LOL the fact is kid that Palestine was as real as Israel in 44

Actually boards do not produce coins anywhere except in your mini mind
You know, I can only blame my own generation for producing children like you. We coddle you and we protect you and we give you participation awards to celebrate your mediocrity, and all this succeeds in producing is a generation of idiots literally incapable of feeling any embarrassment over the stupid and ignorant things they say.

The coin you showed was was not minted by your much imagined Palestinian government It was mined by the British who operated the region during that era.

You SHOULD feel embarrassment over your abject ignorance. What a shame for all of us that you don't.

Cool.

You know, I can only blame my own generation for producing children like you. We coddle you and we protect you and we give you participation awards to celebrate your mediocrity, and all this succeeds in producing is a generation of idiots literally incapable of feeling any embarrassment over the stupid and ignorant things they say.

The coin you showed was was not minted by your much imagined Palestinian government It was mined by the British who operated the region during that era.

You SHOULD feel embarrassment over your abject ignorance. What a shame for all of us that you don't.
I never said that the Palestinians minted the coin, however the term Palestine existed on modern mintage coins before the imaginary Israel.

Try coddling me doofy, in fact I triple dog dare ya to coddle me

Cool.

And 5 years later, Israel was real and 70 years after that Palestine still isn't.

Currency boards issue currency. Did you find the Arab mint yet? Or the Arab currency board?

Forum List

Back