IRS went after the poorest Americans.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
We know they didn't bother auditing Trump like they were supposed to. Trump is just a symbol of the rich being treated differently than the poor though IMO.

Despite $80 billion in new funding, the agency is living up to its reputation of hassling low-income taxpayers over rich people.​

Is this an example of what Biden meant by making the rich pay their fair share?

In 2022, the IRS Went After the Very Poorest Taxpayers

The last return the IRS processed of mine was 2018. All tax returns have been filed through last year. They owe me money.
The IRS is not processing my returns.
Think about how it would be if I owed them money and/or didn't file a return.

This is why conservatives hate the IRS getting funded properly. They want the IRS to be like they designed it to be, attacking the poor and letting the rich skate.

Despite $80 billion in new funding..................​

We know they didn't bother auditing Trump like they were supposed to. Trump is just a symbol of the rich being treated differently than the poor though IMO.

Despite $80 billion in new funding, the agency is living up to its reputation of hassling low-income taxpayers over rich people.​

Is this an example of what Biden meant by making the rich pay their fair share?

In 2022, the IRS Went After the Very Poorest Taxpayers
I bet you feel like a schmuck for defending the government so much,,,

"Correspondence Audits" are frequently used by the IRS and directed at lower income taxpayers. That is because they almost always just pay what the IRS says they owe without hiring a tax lawyer, easy pickings for the IRS goons. If you are a bully, you pick on the weak over someone who is strong.
excellent point and thanks for the reminder on that lawyer thing. That's how poor people always get screwed: they can't afford to pay a lawyer to fight for them.

And we wonder why the poor get poorer and the rich richer?

not a great mystery

Best part of article:

Though some libertarians may argue such an agency ought not to exist in the first place and cheer its relative ineptitude at going after the well-to-do, it's decidedly absurd that the agency taxpayers just fed $80 billion to has, for another year, continued its assault on the poor.

excellent point and thanks for the reminder on that lawyer thing. That's how poor people always get screwed: they can't afford to pay a lawyer to fight for them.

And we wonder why the poor get poorer and the rich richer?

not a great mystery
And if your bill is, say, $900, it would cost more to get a lawyer to fight for you than to pay it.

And if your bill is, say, $900, it would cost more to get a lawyer to fight for you than to pay it.
*&^%$#

gummit

Why do I think of the title of that Michael Savage book I read some time ago:

about "the coming civil war"?

What have I supported? Be specific. (I ask this all the time and get backtracks or no answer).
you support the governments refusal to abide the law and secure the border but then want private americans arrested for hiring the illegals that cross the border illegally,,

now youre supporting the governments unequal selective enforcement of the tax code,,

Forum List

Back